Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Associated 10R5 road course car; who makes it now? >

Associated 10R5 road course car; who makes it now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated 10R5 road course car; who makes it now?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

As far as I know, designs are not sold by one company to another, they are simply stored (especially for a ''big'' company like Associated, they'd NEVER sell their designs). Either you're mistaken, or you've been given false information. There are similar cars, but certainly not 100% the same.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was also dissappointed about the dicontinuation of the RC10R5 but I have it from a very reliable source within Associated that the sales fell below expectation therefore the line was pulled. That's sad because mine has almost dominated my local track (it's all in the car of course ) and has proven to be one of the most durable in the field.

On the flip side, Xray, Serpent and Corally liked the design so much that they each have their own version albeit pricier than AE. Parts availability should be OK as most LHS do not even carry many AE pan car parts (too low of a volume, the cars don't break).

WGT has grown 400% in my area with more looking into it. We are trying to keep a real car look using the WGT allowed bodies which helps with the attraction.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Enforcerman
I know that a different company now makes the Associated 10R5 road course version under their own name as Associated discontinued the car. I had the name and website but lost it.

Can anyone help me out with what website/company it is?

Please help.
AE stocks all of the 10R5 Parts, you could build a new car easily.
There are still quite a few used 10R5's around.
I picked one up, previously driven, to run as a 2nd class to my 12R5

AE did not sell the design
With all the recent interest, I would not be surprised to see the car come back...
Old 03-21-2011, 10:05 AM
AE-Reedy

Associated is going to release anorther small run of 10R5 kits very soon. After we announced the discontinuation a mini flood of orders came in, we looked into the logistics and found a way to make it work. So be patient a little longer and then you will be able to get a real Associated 10R5.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Associated is going to release anorther small run of 10R5 kits very soon. After we announced the discontinuation a mini flood of orders came in, we looked into the logistics and found a way to make it work. So be patient a little longer and then you will be able to get a real Associated 10R5.
Sweet
Old 03-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

I'd rather see a new version, one with the battery along the center of the chassis so it can take a 2S for use outdoors. Just like AE's competitors can.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The only change I'd like to see is to update the rear pod to 5.1 parts so all of the pan cars share the same pod parts (12R5.1, 10R5, 10R50).
Old 03-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

First of all, to syndr0me; I agree with you about not promoting or buying from Losi or other companies that abandoned on-road. I do the same as you.

To Sean and everyone else; I was only interested in the 10R5 for a friend who owns one, and I find it to be no match for the CRC car or the Xray, etc. One of the reasons is Associateds' descision to not make the battery layout inline like the rest as was pointed out by AreCee. Plus, they need a proper battery hold down instead of stupid tape; all the other cars have a proper battery hold-down attachment. The car is simply not up to the level of the competition and that is probably one of the reasons it didn't do so well first time around.

I have no intention of purchasing the 10R5 for myself as I find the other cars to be superior even if they cost a little more; in fact the CRC car is even less at only $199 So why would I buy the 10R5 for $250 or more when I can get a better car for only $199

Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone; but those are the simple facts.

I was just trying to help out a friend.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

First of all, to syndr0me; I agree with you about not promoting or buying from Losi or other companies that abandoned on-road. I do the same as you.

To Sean and everyone else; I was only interested in the 10R5 for a friend who owns one, and I find it to be no match for the CRC car or the Xray, etc. One of the reasons is Associateds' descision to not make the battery layout inline like the rest as was pointed out by AreCee. Plus, they need a proper battery hold down instead of stupid tape; all the other cars have a proper battery hold-down attachment. The car is simply not up to the level of the competition and that is probably one of the reasons it didn't do so well first time around.

I have no intention of purchasing the 10R5 for myself as I find the other cars to be superior even if they cost a little more; in fact the CRC car is even less at only $199 So why would I buy the 10R5 for $250 or more when I can get a better car for only $199

Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone; but those are the simple facts.

I was just trying to help out a friend.
Really? The more you type the more it sounds like you were trying to pick fights. Sorry to hear you havn't figured out how to tape a battery in. Maybe if you run the tape inside the side links next time it will work out better.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Sounds to me like maybe your the one who wants to fight. As I said previously, I don't own the 10R5, my friend does.

And since when is it wrong or "picking a fight" to dare to critique a manufacturers product and offer my honest opinion of what I feel is in need of improvement on the design. If we all just were "politically correct" all the time and never spoke up when we feel a product needs improvement, then the manufacturers, like Associated wouldn't know how the buying public feels.

One very good thing about the 10R5 is that it is a "tank"; it is very strong and never seems to break which is great. So you see, my review is not all bad. My biggest issue is with the way the battery is placed in the car; it would perform better if placed inline down the middle. The tape issue is relatively minor.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Having to bust out an allen wrench and remove a battery tray is easier than simply folding over the ends of a piece of tape???

BTW, the updated, latest and greatest "Godmobile"-

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/images/st...cross_batt.jpg

Wait a second.. are those tape slots???
Old 03-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

As usual their always has to be a couple of "bullies" who come along and hijack a thread and put down anyone who doesn't agree with them. Hope it makes you feel better about yourselves.

This thread that I started is now done!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What did you expect? People are passionate about what they get and then you spout your mouth off saying that it's crap?

Maybe just think about that before you go running your mouth next time. That's all.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Cool

As usual their always has to be a couple of "bullies" who come along and hijack a thread and put down anyone who doesn't agree with them. Hope it makes you feel better about yourselves.

This thread that I started is now done!
All the WGT's seem on par at the carpet track I race at.
Not sure what the difference is where you race ?

Personaly, I like the 10R5 because it shares parts with the 12R5 I race, and it seems plenty quick to me, it's also very light, @ 880g rtr

Perhaps someday I'll get a chance to drive the magic car that is so much faster
Old 03-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thunder Tiger bought Associated awhile ago.As for the WGT car they discontinued it- not enought sales .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.