R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #31
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
Thunder Tiger bought Associated awhile ago.As for the WGT car they discontinued it- not enought sales .
Might want to browse up a few post in this thread . . .
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #32
Tech Master
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,021
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcerman View Post
Sounds to me like maybe your the one who wants to fight. As I said previously, I don't own the 10R5, my friend does.

And since when is it wrong or "picking a fight" to dare to critique a manufacturers product and offer my honest opinion of what I feel is in need of improvement on the design. If we all just were "politically correct" all the time and never spoke up when we feel a product needs improvement, then the manufacturers, like Associated wouldn't know how the buying public feels.

One very good thing about the 10R5 is that it is a "tank"; it is very strong and never seems to break which is great. So you see, my review is not all bad. My biggest issue is with the way the battery is placed in the car; it would perform better if placed inline down the middle. The tape issue is relatively minor.
You were exposed as soon as you spent the effort searching for a discontinued car that you think is such a turd. The whole "it is for my friend" is even more laughable. Most of us were over that game by the time we hit puberty. Bin Laden has internet and lives in a cave. If your "friend" isn't connected they have more to worry about than taping a battery in. I know the 10R5 doesn't have the nifty battery hold down that you are used to in your Slash but a lot of us seem to get by. Later, I'm going to bed. Hope the laughing doesn't wake the wife.
__________________
At The Gate Bizzos
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #33
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I agree, this whole thread was a dick move. AE has been more supportive of on-road than almost anybody. They don't deserve this.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #34
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 160
Default

Like I said previously: This thread is officially closed.

And for the "smart-alecs" who think they have it all figured out: Once again you are dead wrong!! I was not "exposed" as you claim; I really did start out by trying to find some info for a friend who has the 10R5 and races it, but then I obviously made the mistake of critiquing the car concerning battery placement in the overall design. I never said the car was "crap". I happen to like Associated cars, and have owned several over the years, including the original 10L which was the first Associated 1/10 pan car back in the Eighties. I won many races with that car. And yes the batteries were taped in back then. Back in the day we used 6 cell nicad packs.

Also, I don't think the CRC car is the "magic car" or the "Godmobile"; in fact I think the Xray X10 Link may be the best of all; just my opinion. But if Associated is going to re-release the 10R5, I feel, and so do others, that they ought to change the battery placement to improve the car, that's all. It is not an attack on Associated as you infer, but just an honest critique of the 10R5.

Did any of you notice that Sean Cochran of Associated didn't lower himself by attacking me the way some of you did. He showed a lot more class and therefore has my respect, and I wish him and Associated well; and I will let my friend know about the coming re-release and the availability of parts for the 10R5.
Enforcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #35
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcerman View Post
Did any of you notice that Sean Cochran of Associated didn't lower himself by attacking me the way some of you did. He showed a lot more class and therefore has my respect, and I wish him and Associated well; and I will let my friend know about the coming re-release and the availability of parts for the 10R5.
Well, Sean's comment was before you started insulting AE.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:39 AM   #36
Tech Master
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,021
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcerman View Post
Like I said previously: This thread is officially closed.

And for the "smart-alecs" who think they have it all figured out: Once again you are dead wrong!! I was not "exposed" as you claim; I really did start out by trying to find some info for a friend who has the 10R5 and races it, but then I obviously made the mistake of critiquing the car concerning battery placement in the overall design. I never said the car was "crap". I happen to like Associated cars, and have owned several over the years, including the original 10L which was the first Associated 1/10 pan car back in the Eighties. I won many races with that car. And yes the batteries were taped in back then. Back in the day we used 6 cell nicad packs.

Also, I don't think the CRC car is the "magic car" or the "Godmobile"; in fact I think the Xray X10 Link may be the best of all; just my opinion. But if Associated is going to re-release the 10R5, I feel, and so do others, that they ought to change the battery placement to improve the car, that's all. It is not an attack on Associated as you infer, but just an honest critique of the 10R5.

Did any of you notice that Sean Cochran of Associated didn't lower himself by attacking me the way some of you did. He showed a lot more class and therefore has my respect, and I wish him and Associated well; and I will let my friend know about the coming re-release and the availability of parts for the 10R5.
You came here with a question based on some incorrect information concerning a new company producing the 10r5. A few people including one from Associated did their best to set things straight and did so courteously. Clearly not liking that your facts were wrong you start slamming Associated's support of racing, based on nothing resembling fact. Again, one or more people gave actual support that your second arguement was completely baseless. For the third act you start attacking the car amongst a group of people who either drive one or are bright enough to understand that tape is a pretty light and foolproof way of retaining a battery in a RACING car. People did try to help you, multiple times. You are just not bright enough to figure it out.
__________________
At The Gate Bizzos
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #37
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 160
Default

For the last time: I did not attack the 10R5 or call it crap; all I did was point out what I believe to be a simple design flaw that Associated could easily rectify.

As I stated, I have owned and raced several Associated cars over the years and for the most part I have been very happy with them. I just feel that the 10R5 needs a little help to become a truly great car; which it has the potential to be!

And while I'm at it: Get over the tape issue already! I have. I'm more concerned with where the battery is placed in the chassis than how it's held in place.
Enforcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #38
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 1,063
Default

This thread is awesome. Plenty of unhappy around huh!
I have a CRC, love it. Bought a 10R5 for my son, love it.
We run 2S lipo, so I made a simple cross brace for the centre shock with a post at each side, similar to an X-10. Now he runs 2S Lipo, and the AE Frankenstein handles better than my CRC, go figure.
Anyway, my point is, if you don't like something on a car, just hack it up. You never know what may happen!
__________________
Agama A8 Evo | GRP .21 | Spektrum | Savox

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #39
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcerman View Post
For the last time: I did not attack the 10R5 or call it crap; all I did was point out what I believe to be a simple design flaw that Associated could easily rectify.

As I stated, I have owned and raced several Associated cars over the years and for the most part I have been very happy with them. I just feel that the 10R5 needs a little help to become a truly great car; which it has the potential to be!

And while I'm at it: Get over the tape issue already! I have. I'm more concerned with where the battery is placed in the chassis than how it's held in place.
no attacks here, but it is interesting to see a similarity. to me AE is a little like Acura. After Acura released a 'honda' to compete with Mercedes, then Lexus and Infiniti appeared and immediately one-upped them.

to me AE has been a pioneer of sorts, the problem with that is it gives the competition a target to beat.

another semi-related but amusing quote 'you can always tell the pioneer, he's the one with the arrow's in his back!".
__________________
Tony Shimko
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net