tamiya ta05ifs

Old 03-15-2011, 09:18 PM
  #1  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
DragKel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 66
Default tamiya ta05ifs

previously using tamiya ta05 for drifting n was a good begineer car, now wanted to join some local touring scene hoping for some advice to ta05ifs is a good touring car? what do i need to change for it to be a good touring car? does anyone know where i still can get a flap blue carbon fiber conversion kit?
DragKel is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 01:27 AM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
RC Passion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,213
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I think the ta05 ifs is a great racer. I'd get front aluminum steering knuckles as well as aluminum arms holders ( front and back) to make it more durable. Run a spool up front and get sway bars. Then go racing!
RC Passion is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 03:24 AM
  #3  
Tech Elite
 
Foxxrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 2,018
Default

The TA05 by its self is a good car. I don't believe you'll see any performance gain with the inboard shocks.
Foxxrocket is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 06:14 AM
  #4  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
DragKel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 66
Default

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket View Post
The TA05 by its self is a good car. I don't believe you'll see any performance gain with the inboard shocks.

I think so too, i got a TB03 also and the ifs setup really is difficult to adjust.
so u mean use a ta05 and not a ta05ifs?
DragKel is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 06:17 AM
  #5  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
DragKel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 66
Default

Originally Posted by RC Passion View Post
I think the ta05 ifs is a great racer. I'd get front aluminum steering knuckles as well as aluminum arms holders ( front and back) to make it more durable. Run a spool up front and get sway bars. Then go racing!
ok will do as what you suggest, thank for the info
DragKel is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 09:03 AM
  #6  
Tech Elite
 
Foxxrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 2,018
Default

Just so you know, you're going to have to rebuild the whole car. The TA05 chassis is different from the IFS chassis. But if you still want to go through with all of this, I'll give you what part numbers you may need.
Foxxrocket is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 07:14 PM
  #7  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
DragKel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 66
Default

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket View Post
Just so you know, you're going to have to rebuild the whole car. The TA05 chassis is different from the IFS chassis. But if you still want to go through with all of this, I'll give you what part numbers you may need.
thanks, my kit is a ta05ifs with honda nsx body, what are the part i need to rebuilt the car
DragKel is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 03:27 AM
  #8  
Tech Elite
 
Foxxrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 2,018
Default

I'll do you one better. You can download the manual for the TA05-IFS here. You should be able to cross check what you need.
Foxxrocket is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 05:01 AM
  #9  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
DragKel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 66
Default

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket View Post
I'll do you one better. You can download the manual for the TA05-IFS here. You should be able to cross check what you need.
thanks for the info
DragKel is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.