Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 06-13-2016, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, no matter how much lead I add, I can't seem to get below 1480... lol. I have a DC4 CF chassis car that weighs in @ 1388... no lead.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Yodog conversion, titanium screws, tc7 arms, tamiya shocks. I can get to 1300g with a 6200 orca battery, or 1256g with a LCG 5200 pack.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by patorz31
Yodog conversion, titanium screws, tc7 arms, tamiya shocks. I can get to 1300g with a 6200 orca battery, or 1256g with a LCG 5200 pack.
Hey Pat, do the TC7 arms fit with the stock pins or did you have to do something creative? I thought the new arm hinge pins were metric.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

I used cut down VBC D06 pins that I had laying around, I just cut them the same length as the TC4 ones. I used Tamiya pivot balls (cause I had them). The old style TC4 suspension blocks (the shorter ones) hold the Tamiya balls really well. I have since drilled a set of TC4 ones to 3mm. (Don't ask how I paid a machinist friend in beer to do it). Really it doesn't change the car much, the TC4 and TC7 are really close on geometry. It just makes it easier to install DCJ's. If I could have got a set of the Losi ones I would have just done that.

It is fun taking it to the track and having guys having to ask what it is....LOL
Old 06-14-2016, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

I used cut down VBC D06 pins that I had laying around, I just cut them the same length as the TC4 ones. I used Tamiya pivot balls (cause I had them). The old style TC4 suspension blocks (the shorter ones) hold the Tamiya balls really well. I have since drilled a set of TC4 ones to 3mm. (Don't ask how I paid a machinist friend in beer to do it). Really it doesn't change the car much, the TC4 and TC7 are really close on geometry. It just makes it easier to install DCJ's. If I could have got a set of the Losi ones I would have just done that.

It is fun taking it to the track and having guys having to ask what it is....LOL
Wow, and I thought I had a Frankenstein car. I hope you don't ever break any of this one-off stuff!
Old 06-14-2016, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DesertRat
Wow, and I thought I had a Frankenstein car. I hope you don't ever break any of this one-off stuff!
I do one offs or Frankensteins all the time, in rc computers and real cars. It's fun to be different. Have the fun is figuring out how to make stuff work.

Like your roll bar conversion. I'm thinking of doing something similar but makin the sway bar bearing mounted just to fit into the new fad.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

I do one offs or Frankensteins all the time, in rc computers and real cars. It's fun to be different. Have the fun is figuring out how to make stuff work.

Like your roll bar conversion. I'm thinking of doing something similar but makin the sway bar bearing mounted just to fit into the new fad.
I did consider that, but I looked at the amount of material on the bulkheads and decided that the only practical way to do that would be to make a mount that integrated the sway bar mount into the front and rear suspension mounts in some way. That was more than I wanted to bite off, so I went to work with the dremel, saw, and a few hand files. A dab of grease in the slots and they fall and rotate under their own weight, I considered that good enough and certainly better than stock.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, I need some help.

I bought a TC4 from a guy from an RC BST group on Facebook.
Well, I finally received it today and got my brushless system put into it and all setup.

I get it outside and it's pulling to the left, no it is not the steering, steering is perfectly centered. It has a locked front diff I am not so sure I like...actually I don't like it. But I cannot seem to figure out why it's pulling to the left as soon as I get on the throttle.

Any ideas?
Old 07-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Take the wheels and drive hexes off and check for a broken pin. If that isn't it, check the half shafts. One of those might have a broken pin. If that isn't it, check the diff and/or check for bind in the bearings.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Take the wheels and drive hexes off and check for a broken pin. If that isn't it, check the half shafts. One of those might have a broken pin. If that isn't it, check the diff and/or check for bind in the bearings.
I checked all of that, everything was good.
The rear diff was good with no resistance at all.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Does it only happen under hard acceleration? If you're at a constant speed, does it still pull? It could be uneven weight distribution, tweak, suspension or drivetrain binding or anything NutDriver has already covered.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Well, when I get less than a quarter onto the throttle, I noticed the front left tire would come up off the ground a little. Can't even get going without losing complete control. Weight Dis is pretty well balanced.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Vyevchevski
Well, when I get less than a quarter onto the throttle, I noticed the front left tire would come up off the ground a little. Can't even get going without losing complete control. Weight Dis is pretty well balanced.
Is that while accelerating quickly, or building up speed slowly?
Have you checked for chassis tweak, spring preload and droop settings? If your front left tire is coming up, your rear right shock could be bottoming out too easily, or your front droop could be set wrong.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Is that while accelerating quickly, or building up speed slowly?
Have you checked for chassis tweak, spring preload and droop settings? If your front left tire is coming up, your rear right shock could be bottoming out too easily, or your front droop could be set wrong.
All suspension is correctly set. Is it normal to hold the spur and one of the rear tires and the other wheel turns freely and vice versa?
Old 07-05-2016, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyevchevski
All suspension is correctly set. Is it normal to hold the spur and one of the rear tires and the other wheel turns freely and vice versa?
You are going to have to be a bit clearer in your description.
If you hold the spur while also holding one of the "rear" wheels, the other "rear" wheel should not spin freely by hand. What should happen normally is... if you hold 1 wheel and give slight throttle, the other wheel should spin under power. This is how a differential works. You can also hold the other wheel and do the same slight throttle and the free wheel should now spin. If not, your diff is too loose or damaged.
If the suspension is set correctly, none of the wheels should lift off the ground.
Do us a favor and set your car on a table and take a close picture from the front and rear of the car showing how the suspension is set. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.