Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just got a new body for my tc4 to get it into USGT shape and maybe Im just picky but the MASSIVE gap between the rear of the chassis and the back of the body(190mm HPI viper gts-r) drives me bonkers! my VTA body is even worse. I know very little about the airflow underneath of my chassis but I have to think that gap then a wall of lexan has to hurt the aero. Maybe i'm totally wrong but visually it still drives me nuts
Old 05-21-2014, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gooba
I know very little about the airflow underneath of my chassis but I have to think that gap then a wall of lexan has to hurt the aero.
It does. Reason why Oval bodies have the back "wall" fully cutout. Sure it looks much less like a real car after that, so most rule books forbid it for TC- and a fortiori for VTA, I would assume.

Personally since I don't race much, and only on club level, I just ream out two or three holes at the top of said wall, right under the wing, so that not too much air gets trapped and fights the downforce from the wing.

I have no idea if it works but it helps me sleep at night. If someone ever complains about it I'll just put a piece of tape over the holes.

That said, you could try to add a thin lexan sheet between the back of your car and the bottom edge of the back wall. It would probably be legal and possibly minimize the parachute effect. Let us know if it works !
Old 05-21-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

When I was running an oval pan car class that only allowed a rear spoiler, the car performed better with the rear of the body left in. When running a pan car oval class with a wing on the rear, the car worked better with the rear cut out.

USVTA & USGT require all bodies to be cut on the body line, so no cutting out the rear of the body. If bumper/body gaps bother you, there are plenty of other bodies available for USGT with less over-hang.

BRP used to make a wide rear bumper for the TC3. Here is a link on ebay to show you what it looks like (http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRP-6235-TC3...3D251492479141)

You might be able to create something similar for the TC4.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Somewhere I've seen cut to fit lexan rear diffusers. I may look into something along those lines. It would definetly clean up the back of the car and look a little more realistic too.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys! I need a good setup for my TC4 . I run at CVRC or HRCP on road track which has a high traction asphalt surface. So far, I have silver springs (14.5lb) on the rear and blue springs (17lb) in the front. My TC4 has 35wt oil all around, -2 degree camber all around, 2 degree toe in in the rear, and 1 degree toe out in the front. Front caster is -6 degrees. If you guys have any tips for a good setup for the type of track I am running on please help me.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mac8
Hey guys! I need a good setup for my TC4 . I run at CVRC or HRCP on road track which has a high traction asphalt surface. So far, I have silver springs (14.5lb) on the rear and blue springs (17lb) in the front. My TC4 has 35wt oil all around, -2 degree camber all around, 2 degree toe in in the rear, and 1 degree toe out in the front. Front caster is -6 degrees. If you guys have any tips for a good setup for the type of track I am running on please help me.
I've been running silver front, green rear springs 3 degree rear toe with the shortest wheelbase. Also have 4 degree castor in the front with .020 shim in the rear for anti squat.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

I was inspecting my ride after installing a new servo and noticed that one of the motor can screws in my castle 5700 has been ripped off under the chassis. It must have hit a rock or something because the motor can doesn't hang down below the level of the chassis. Still, it damaged the can and the screw hole is damaged enough it won't take another screw.

Is there any good way to protect the motor? I could put some plastic under it to cover the hole in the chassis but it will prevent cooling air from getting in....
Old 05-23-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

please delete, it posted twice.

Last edited by kodack10; 05-23-2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: dup
Old 05-25-2014, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

You could probably fab some scrap lexan to sit to protect the motor but it is going to affect your cooling unless you drill some small vent holes in it. Youll want to watch too that if you fab something it doesnt hang under the chassis either or it may drag on the ground
Old 05-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

WOW! this thread is 10 years old. Is the TC4 still a good car to get compared to something like the Sukara XI Sport or the Spec-R??

I looking for a second car but dont want to break the bank..

thanks

TTS
Old 05-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ttsquirrel
WOW! this thread is 10 years old. Is the TC4 still a good car to get compared to something like the Sukara XI Sport or the Spec-R??

I looking for a second car but dont want to break the bank..

thanks

TTS
if your bashing then get a TC4

if your racing then get a XI Sport, im a looooong time TC4 racer but recently built a XI Sport, couldnt resist the price, under $120 ... my FT TC4 is now collecting dust.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

@moparSRT Do u run similar or even the same FDR in the sakura and tc4? Are you putting down faster laps with the sakura or still working on the setup?
Old 05-28-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gooba
@moparSRT Do u run similar or even the same FDR in the sakura and tc4? Are you putting down faster laps with the sakura or still working on the setup?
Haven't run them back to back on the same layout/track so cant answer that question.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys! I'm racing my TC4 in a RCGT (but, sometimes get thrown in the stock class) class and I was wondering what upgrades should I get to make it better overall.

I was thinkin of getting :

Associated VCS3 Shock kit or the Associated Aluminum Threaded Shock kit
Associated FT lighweigh diff kit (going to buy two for front and rear)
Associated Anti-Roll Bar TC4
Associated FT Aluminum Servo mounts
Associated Aluminum Hexes

I'm might get a GPM Aluminum Steering Rack so, it doesn't break the steering rack all the time

25t Aluminum Servo horn

So, that's my list. Is there anything wrong with it or is there something missing on my upgrade parts list? My setup has been good for the track and mu TC4 hooks up well.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mac8
Hey guys! I'm racing my TC4 in a RCGT (but, sometimes get thrown in the stock class) class and I was wondering what upgrades should I get to make it better overall.

I was thinkin of getting :

Associated VCS3 Shock kit or the Associated Aluminum Threaded Shock kit
Associated FT lighweigh diff kit (going to buy two for front and rear)
Associated Anti-Roll Bar TC4
Associated FT Aluminum Servo mounts
Associated Aluminum Hexes

I'm might get a GPM Aluminum Steering Rack so, it doesn't break the steering rack all the time

25t Aluminum Servo horn

So, that's my list. Is there anything wrong with it or is there something missing on my upgrade parts list? My setup has been good for the track and mu TC4 hooks up well.
Your list is just under $200 which is more then the price of the TC4, for that you can buy a better car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.