Like Tree235Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 01-13-2015, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RotorTruck View Post
Terrance, just wanted to say thanks for posting your setup. I copied most of the setup, and the car drove much better, and wasn't as twitchy / wandery going it a straight line. Car was more controllable and predictable. I did... traction roll 3 times during the race, on asphalt. But my brand new tires had been softened way too much... but man they stuck well up to the point the car flipped.

I ran softer springs/shocks to work better with VTA tires, ran the front shocks on the upper outmost spot so it'll steer quicker, 1* toe out front for more turn-in, and I didn't have the shorty ballstuds.

Today I installed the shorty ballstuds and some new RPM ends to tighen things up. Can't wait to race on Sunday. Noticed that the suspension gains 0.5* negative camber from normal ride height to fully compressed, good idea.

I do have a question. With 5.5 mm ride height up front, are you really running 6mm of front droop, or does that translate to 6 - 5.5 = 0.5mm front droop? Same question on what rear droop you're running? I did 1.5mm front droop and 2.0mm rear droop.

Thanks again, made the car so much better to drive.

-Brad
Your welcome!!

Manual droop is 6 front and 4 rear, I use 5 rear with sliver springs (sealed asphalt) and 4 with blue springs (orange soda treated parking lot).

5.5 front RH for a bit more steering.

The a-arm mounts are spaced per manual. Except the rear "O" in place of "X" with a spacer to equal the depth of the "X".
Old 01-13-2015, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quick race report for you guys. I got a hold of some foam tires for my car and went mod racing over the weekend. I won my first two qualifiers and got 2nd in my third thanks to a slipping diff but come time for the main I was told I had to change tires and run rubber even though our track does not have a tire rule(I checked before hand) but apparently a couple guys(read 1) didn't like getting out handled. I switched back to rubber and adjusted my setup and managed 3rd overall. I was super stoked though This car was built for foams and my car came ALIVE with them. If I find rubber that will hook as hard as foam ill be dangerous
Old 01-13-2015, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

I run sorex or sweep tires when I run mod and while they are good tires thru the corners planting big power from a standtill or out of a lowspeed corner foam cant be beat
Old 01-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gooba View Post
Quick race report for you guys. I got a hold of some foam tires for my car and went mod racing over the weekend. I won my first two qualifiers and got 2nd in my third thanks to a slipping diff but come time for the main I was told I had to change tires and run rubber even though our track does not have a tire rule(I checked before hand) but apparently a couple guys(read 1) didn't like getting out handled. I switched back to rubber and adjusted my setup and managed 3rd overall. I was super stoked though This car was built for foams and my car came ALIVE with them. If I find rubber that will hook as hard as foam ill be dangerous
You knew they meant rubber tires only before you did that. You tried to be sneaky. Racing foams against rubber is like bringing a chaingun to a pistol duel, you nearly can't lose.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys. I just got a TC4 in a trade. I was just sitting here going through it and looking at stuff. It definitely needs some TLC. Because touring car is new to me, is it normal for the front diff to be tight or locked down?
Old 01-14-2015, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kc8qpu View Post
Hey guys. I just got a TC4 in a trade. I was just sitting here going through it and looking at stuff. It definitely needs some TLC. Because touring car is new to me, is it normal for the front diff to be tight or locked down?
It might have a solid spool in front. Open up the diff case to be sure.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default Front diff

Is it a diff or a spool? Stock TC4 club racer comes with a spool front.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Not sure. Just assumed it was a diff.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Both my TC4s came like this and it confused me. Its most likely got a solid front axle which is what you want for any type of rubber tire racing.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

@nutdriver I wasn't trying to be sneaky I called the track and specifically asked if I could run foam tires on my car. I was told no in stock but in Mod I could run them so that's what I did.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Gooba,

Think this might be a case of mistaken identity. I didn't say anything about being sneaky.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

"sneaky"

Gentle reminder.

Basic rule #3

No insults, personal attacks,profanity, name-calling or flame wars with other forum users.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Yeap totally my bad sorry it was desertrat that said it
Old 01-14-2015, 09:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is the best way to set up the differentials?
How tight should they be?
Is it better to have the rear tighter than the front?
Any difference in setting up diffs for carpet versus asphalt?

Thanks for any advice, I'm new and am rebuilding a tc4 and tc3, any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

I prefer a tighter front diff and looser rear diff on carpet on asphalt it depends on track size smaller track I run same as carpet big flowy tracks i like them both tight

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service