Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 08-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And this...

Man if only i could get my hands on a few more Tc3 tubs...
Old 08-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveW
Man if only i could get my hands on a few more Tc3 tubs...
Why? Can you fit all the TC4 parts on a TC3 tub? my question above was, can you fit TC4 chassis braces on TC3, from your pics, it looks like it might fit but the shock tower looks different on TC4 than TC3 (more to the rear/front)
Old 08-30-2011, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SHOEADDICT

after the mamba max pro install!
This looks like a plate of spaghetti
Old 08-30-2011, 03:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have imageshack, and it says : upload failed due to failure writing temporary file ! What does this mean???
Old 08-30-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olly986
Why? Can you fit all the TC4 parts on a TC3 tub? my question above was, can you fit TC4 chassis braces on TC3, from your pics, it looks like it might fit but the shock tower looks different on TC4 than TC3 (more to the rear/front)
I put TC4 chassis braces on my TC3 because I like the roll center mounts better. They bolted up fine! I am still using TC3 shock towers with no issue but you can use either.

With a 6000 Revtech LiPo and standard electronics my car balances side to side within 3 grams without added weight!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

If you look above that IS a Tc3 chassis with Tc4 arms/camber mounts (in one pic)/and FT shock tower mounts (although the Tc4 towers fit fine).

This was the best my shaft car ever handled. The Tc3 tub had a rear suspension mount tear out (rear Tc3 hingepin mounts were separated to be able to raise and lower roll center and this left the chassis as a weak point), and i couldnt find another Tc3 tub.

I transferred everything over to a Tc4 tub and it was crap.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Rookie

@olly

i'm going to my regular model shop next week to upgrade my radio gear and buy a couple of bits, may have a look at the price of brushless bits while i'm there.

will i need to alter the gearing to run brushless?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dave, did you ever weigh these tc3's ???? They look to be 1200grams!!!! Although I did not like the battery tape ! The brace is preferable, specially when you need to add weight to the battery side! Is that a carbon fiber shaft I see ????? Any podium finishes with that car????
Old 08-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I have imageshack, and it says : upload failed due to failure writing temporary file ! What does this mean???
This is the wrong thread for that. There is a thread dedicated to images, testing, etc. You should go there, this has been answered many times on that thread.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cwoods34
I put TC4 chassis braces on my TC3 because I like the roll center mounts better. They bolted up fine! I am still using TC3 shock towers with no issue but you can use either.

With a 6000 Revtech LiPo and standard electronics my car balances side to side within 3 grams without added weight!
Exactly, it looks like the roll center would be better with these, good I should be able to find some of these cheap to fit, thanks for this guys.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Olley
@olly

i'm going to my regular model shop next week to upgrade my radio gear and buy a couple of bits, may have a look at the price of brushless bits while i'm there.

will i need to alter the gearing to run brushless?
Yes, gearing will be different, but if you wish to invest just on speedo to start, you can still use your brushed motor, but I would recommend a brushless motor.

If you are interested, I have a brand new Losi xcellorin just wired for TC3 but never run it, just checked that it worked, you can have it relatively cheap if you wish, I have no use for it anymore having 5 other brushless systems in dfferent cars.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveW
If you look above that IS a Tc3 chassis with Tc4 arms/camber mounts (in one pic)/and FT shock tower mounts (although the Tc4 towers fit fine).

This was the best my shaft car ever handled. The Tc3 tub had a rear suspension mount tear out (rear Tc3 hingepin mounts were separated to be able to raise and lower roll center and this left the chassis as a weak point), and i couldnt find another Tc3 tub.

That set up is very interesting, easier to work on changing wishbones setup.

Is this a 10.5t X12 in there too, I see an 81 spur but what is your pinion and FDR (if a 10.5t, which is what I run in mine)
Old 08-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Initiate

This looks like a plate of spaghetti
well there isnt much i can shorten. i might be able to take an inch off the power wires. since the esc or motor doesnt have direct soder, no point of shortening them. plus i heard u shouldnt shorten the motor leads?
Old 08-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SHOEADDICT
well there isnt much i can shorten. i might be able to take an inch off the power wires. since the esc or motor doesnt have direct soder, no point of shortening them. plus i heard u shouldnt shorten the motor leads?
there is short and short, you can easily shorten the motor cables and put new or reuse connectors, all cables can be shorten, servo, speedo, switch, except!!! receiver but try not to live it that loose outside the tube, a little tubing over to keep it tight is good or heatshrink. Look at DaveW picture on previous post, perfect !!

It is just easier to work on a clean car and no cables can get into moving parts.

I will show you my car soon, waiting on some parts before I put a pic here
Old 08-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Initiate

question!? this sat a a friend of mine gave me some wheels he could not use. i have been running hard with them since i got them. everyday after work i run threw a battery pack. i noticed that the tires are wearing weird. the front ones are wearing almost shiny bald in the middle of the tread but the out side is fine. and the rear ones are wearing normally. is the front end to light?

front

rear

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.