Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 02-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone have a good setup for the tc4 on a carpet track wit foams. It seems like the belt driven cars are havin all the fun. lol, but i kno my tc4 has soooo much potential. Pleaseeee help.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

From the ones posted on Associated's website, this seem to be the one that has worked for me the best.

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh...r_iic_2005.pdf
Old 02-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
DaweW, nice infos. Yes, I couldn't find the small ID shims to match the hingepins. I will try to use LOSA5050 as you suggested.
Do you think the steering rack no need large amount of washers if using JRX-S steering knuckles since they are longer?
Less motor changing in brushless era...
Do you have picture with top deck?

I believe the JRX-S and the XXX-S knuckles are indentical except for the addition of that hole further out... it would make sense you could go without at least two of the washers (under each ballstud-4 total) in the steering rack... but i am going off of memory and it has been a while since i have had the JRX-S knuckles in hand. The best thing to do would be compare steering angles under both setups, and see what the differences/similarities are. If you do, let me know what you come up with... i may have to update myself, i dont even know if they offer the XXX-S knuckles anymore.

I dont currently have a pic of the deck on the car, but i will be wrenchin on it this week, and can whip out the parts and provide pix of the parts individually... and mounted on the car. I should have all the spacers/modded camber mounts/screws grouped in a ziploc in one of these boxes somewhere! I didnt even think about brushless motors staying in the car with the topdeck on the tub... i guess it would be no problem in a situation like that!! I DO remember virtually zero flex with it on there... being stiffer than my FTTc4 with the full spine (i had one cut in half to move it fore and aft for differing effect) AND the 4 posts in place...
Old 02-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DRAG_ON
any one have any idea where to buy TC4 spare parts online in Asia. And is there any authorized distributor in south east Asian country for associated products.......really need spare parts urgent and LHS not carry anymore TC4 spare parts any online website that sell spare parts for TC4 will be appreciated
Try www.towerhobbies.com as well. Last i ckecked they had a fair amount of parts in stock for both Tc4's.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

I meant to add too, i had a great day racing the Tc4 today. I mean CLOSE tight racing. Actually, a Tc3 made the A today as well. We were the shafts in a very thick Corally sammich. God that sounds lewd. Anyways. I made a few setup adjustments... spring changes mostly. I plan on making a few larger changes, and seeing if they do me good this coming weekend. I ended up running a 20lb spring in the back and 17.5 in the front, switching shocks from front to rear, and vice versa. I need to make some more roll center changes... but i need thinner shims for the upper ballstuds... .030 is too much. Overall though, i think the Tc4 surprised quite a few people.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

DW!! Why ya gotta come on here and talk all this smack? Great racing with ya today. The car looked awesome.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stiltskin
DW!! Why ya gotta come on here and talk all this smack? Great racing with ya today. The car looked awesome.

Smack talk? You mean, one tenth?! I wanted that spot SOoo bad. You HAD to take it... DIDNTCHA?! I told Cameron i knew you were gonna pour it on for the third qually. But ONE TENTH?! Go figure. The three of us were qualified really close. Super tight first lap with no mistakes. Ahhh... the good ol days of TC.

Im definitely lookin forward to alot more wheeltime with you Tony!

Rubber tires on Ozite effin rulz!!
Old 02-17-2008, 04:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DaveW

Smack talk? You mean, one tenth?!
I wanted 28 sooo bad. I think I've got a tweak issue right now, so I'm looking into it. Not trying to hijack the thread. You guys go back to your normal business.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

I meant to add too, i had a great day racing the Tc4 today. I mean CLOSE tight racing.
Me too! I changed a whole bundle of car settings before the meeting: Number of shims under the wishbone blocks, used black lower ballstud for rear camber link, put steel diff outdrives on the front, moved front camber link to inside hole, moved the rear wishbones forwards 0.090, changed to Associated blue springs at the back, Yokomo Greens at the front (fractionally stiffer than blue), changed shock positions at the top and bottom and used the stand-offs instead of the spine, and today the car was dialed. There was an HB sponsored friend of mine racing so there was a bit more competition and I raced nose to tail with him for all 3 finals, won 1 final and got the fastest lap in each (just!). The car's carrying a lot more corner speed now too. Cheers for your tips and setup info Dave.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

what spurs and pinions are any of you running for 13.5? ie brands and pitch, are spur gears pretty much universal like pinions? im wanting to switch to 64p but nothing is advertised to fit the tc4.

Last edited by VenturaDC; 02-17-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
what spurs and pinions are any of you running for 13.5? ie brands and pitch, are spur gears pretty much universal like pinions? im wanting to switch to 64p but nothing is advertised to fit the tc4.
Unfortunately i havent messed with brushless yet, so im at a loss on that info, but you can pretty much fit any offered 64p spur on either Tc4. You can spend alot, or you can spend a little. I personally just get the $4 Kimbrough spurs (96, 100, 104) and Robinson Racing aluminum pinions. In the pix above i have some other type of spur, i think its RP? But its been so long ago i dont remember who made it or if its even still available. But i had to countersink two of the holes and use short flathead screws for it to clear (see overhead shot of the car and you can see no screw heads). The Kimbrough spurs use the standard kit spur screws w/o modification. Just remember NOT to overtighten the screws on the spur and you wont have any spur wobble.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I wanted 28 sooo bad. I think I've got a tweak issue right now, so I'm looking into it. Not trying to hijack the thread. You guys go back to your normal business.
Damn, i didnt know the PHI had a tweak problem? Yeah, im hittin 28. Its a goal now... we barely missed it, and Greelish had a slow 28... so it is attainable.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Damn, i didnt know the PHI had a tweak problem? Yeah, im hittin 28. Its a goal now... we barely missed it, and Greelish had a slow 28... so it is attainable.
Still researchin'. It felt like a missed droop problem or maybe a bad shock, but then it would go away. I'll hit 28 5:08 this week.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Unfortunately i havent messed with brushless yet, so im at a loss on that info, but you can pretty much fit any offered 64p spur on either Tc4. You can spend alot, or you can spend a little. I personally just get the $4 Kimbrough spurs (96, 100, 104) and Robinson Racing aluminum pinions. In the pix above i have some other type of spur, i think its RP? But its been so long ago i dont remember who made it or if its even still available. But i had to countersink two of the holes and use short flathead screws for it to clear (see overhead shot of the car and you can see no screw heads). The Kimbrough spurs use the standard kit spur screws w/o modification. Just remember NOT to overtighten the screws on the spur and you wont have any spur wobble.
Exactly what i wanted to hear!!

thanks a bunch!!
Old 02-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ralph_c
Me too! I changed a whole bundle of car settings before the meeting...
Thats sweet! Im glad to have helped out. Now make sure you kick back your input too so we can all help each other! I think im going to add another shim under all four suspension arm blocks (i think they are .25? Ill have to mic them again) and switch my .030 under the front inner ballstud to .040. Im pretty sure i have some washers to do it (thin gold Trinity motor washers, i think they are .010 or .015 i cant remember), i just have to locate everything again. Then im going to go supersoft on the shock oil (25F/20R) and spring (under 15lbs), and try a thin front and a medium rear swaybar to see if it works better or worse. Im not going to know unless i try it again. I tried going above 20lbs on the springs and the car just started to chatter, and the tires started to squeal (!!!). So theres a limit there where it starts to tighten up too much. I dont want to run any rear anti squat (kickup) or move the rear arm back any, (or use the droop screws either) so i have to find roll control and rear weight transfer control elsewhere. If these changes dont work, i will have to swap the front arms back on the rear of the car and pray i dont get hit! Maybe i can epoxy some more plastic in that area of the arm to help support it in the event of a crash...

L8

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.