Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 03-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Thats what they told me when I called to check on the availability.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

what do you mean by inconsistency of the gearboxes?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys, I have something that I don't quite understand, it has to do with setting up the TC4 chassis. I hope I explained it right. If I'm right. they say to use a ride high gauge. By sticking it under the chassis at all four Corners and adjusting shocks. To get the same 5 mm at all 4 Corners. That part I understand. Now they say find the center of the chassis which then you would put knife edge at the back or the fund and lifted slowly to see what comes off the set up board first. And then they say to adjust with the shock that's the part I don't understand if I'm doing something wrong or going about it wrong I appreciate some help you but that's too different adjustments on the same shock. Help
Old 03-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

rc10bob
Shock question. What you want to do is find the center of the front and back of the chassis. Say you are trying to get the front shocks adjusted. So you use your center in the front and use a xacto knife to lift up that center spot. You now watch what tire lifts first.
You adjust the opposite rear shock collar down until the front tires lift at the same time.
Now do the same for the back and you are done.
What you are doing is making sure there is the same pressure on each tire at each end of the car. It will make the car more consistant which is always nice.
God Bless
Old 03-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Initiate

jsaves ,Thanks for getting back, that part I understand. But now when I go to adjust to ride high. I've got a screw on the shocks Up or down. And then that change is the thing you just only to do. How do you adjust the ride high, and then adjust where you get the ties to come off the set a board at the same time one is throwing the other one off. That's what I think.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Getting the tweak equal will effect the ride height a little.
So if the car has an equal tweak, the tires lift up at the same time, then the ride height might not be exactly the same on every corner.
Set your ride minium first then do the tweak and only go down on the shock collar so your car will still be above your ride height.
God Bless
Old 03-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Tech Initiate

OK.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

hey everyone i was wondering if someone could give me a setup for rubber tires to start off with please.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves
Getting the tweak equal will effect the ride height a little.
So if the car has an equal tweak, the tires lift up at the same time, then the ride height might not be exactly the same on every corner.
Set your ride minium first then do the tweak and only go down on the shock collar so your car will still be above your ride height.
God Bless

To add to this, be sure your droop screws are adjusted so they do not affect your rideheight adjustments. I have seen some people have the droop screws adjusted down on the chassis so they cannot get proper rideheight. Not that you are having this problem, but it is always good to look for it when tuning your car.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:55 AM
Tech Initiate

hey everyone i was wondering if someone could give me a setup for rubber tires to start off with please.
Are you running on carpet or ashpalt?
Old 03-15-2006, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

im going to be running on carpet and it should be at like a med for traction.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:57 AM
Tech Initiate

1.I removed the four blue chassis stiffeners, 2.From the center of the top plate remove the second screw from the front of the chassis and remove the screw closest to the rear of the chassis. 3.Then run 60wt oil in the front, 40 in the rear, blue springs up front and silver in the back. 4.If your car is traction rolling, put the medium or light sway bar on the front.

This setup was the easiest to drive
Old 03-15-2006, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for the setup and help.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default Rubber on carpet setup

Mush: There are a couple of rubber on carpet setups on the Associated website: http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/0...ad.htm#RC10TC4
I believe there is one for the tub chassis and the FT chassis.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The inconsistancy of the gear boxes...ok easiest way to put it is that you would have to shim either the motor mount and/or the gear box in order to get everything to line up square. The gearbox's were only off by a few thousandths, which is probably way inside their tolerance. Problem is when you match it up to something else that wasn't made in house at AE you might have a few thousandths here and then a few thousandths on the BMI end and that adds up. I know that it took me a long time to get it just right but when I did, it was perfect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.