Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 01-11-2006, 07:44 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

DaveW yeah I'm going to Mimi's this week. I look at it this way if I break my car and no one has parts I can leave early and have fun!!!!!!!!!!! lol. As for T2 country thats fine. Never bothered me before to be different or run stuff that many say don't work. To be honest whether I had a T2 or run my TC4 results would be more than likely the same for me because I'm running against guys who run the rug for years vs. my once a year for the last 2 years and then the last time before that was like 5 years ago before that si I'm just not going to spend 400 bills at this time. lol If I want fast I will just take my sport bike out for a spin!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol 150 plus is easy to do.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Hi again,

I just rested my FT on drawing pins to decide where to put weight effectively to bring the car up to the weight limit. I set it up so the pins locate into the screws on the bottom of the central spine (it is exactly central - i measured it to check). Everything is in the car like when I last raced and the cells are held in properly, but I left the bodyshell off because it shouldn't make a big difference. I needed to add about 80g (2.8 oz) to the electronics side to balance the car left to right...is this what I should expect? The car is 75g under the limit with the bodyshell on so its about all I can spare. I could get a slightly larger spur (3 more teeth) which would help a little bit, but obviously not enough. What have other people found with their FT's?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

No Ralph your not missing anything..The balance is off slightly on the car. Put a fan on there instead of lead...at least then you will be adding usefull weight.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:04 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

One of these days I will check my weight balance. I figure as long as its turing the same left and right I'm fine. I do check it from time to time on the tweak station.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the quick replies. Not just me finding it uneven then. I didn't really check the turning to see if it was the same left to right (there were only 2 real left handers and one was a flowing one). There was one left turn out of a chicane where the back kept wanting to slide so maybe that's why. The fans a good point bob, I havent put one on yet. What spares would it be wise to get? I'm getting delrin diff outdrives - would it be sensible to get front arms and caster blocks too?
Old 01-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Only thing I ever broke was a front arm. I would suggest arms castor blocks maybe shock tower. Don't put any of that aluminum stuff on there (hubs, etc) it will just make something else break. I ran two of the novak fans bolted directly in front of the motor. My car was heavy but I didnt care...I would trade the motor performing for the full 5 minute race to a few ounces any day.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

will this fit our FTTC4?

has anyone tried it?
Old 01-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
will this fit our FTTC4?

has anyone tried it?

Yeah...it should fit. You just may have to cant it towards the outside of the chassis about 30-degrees from vertical to clear the upper deck.

-S
Old 01-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

do you think this is a good buy and something that will actually work? sorry for asking kind of dumb questions. i'm new to electric so all this electric stuff is new to me.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the system you pictured is probably clunkier and less effective than the AE fan duct system. The duct system integrates cleaner into the car, adds weight lower on the chassis, and has 2 fans that blow air from under the chassis directly on the endbell/brushhood area. imo a more effective system overall than the one you have pictured...
Old 01-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
do you think this is a good buy and something that will actually work? sorry for asking kind of dumb questions. i'm new to electric so all this electric stuff is new to me.

The fans are definitely worth the install if you can spare the room. It can mean as much as 30 degrees difference at the end of a run on your motor. The AE fan and duct system is a great idea... but it also moves the electronics up higher than chassis level. For simplicity sake you could just shoe goo the fans to the chassis... pointing them right to the endbell of the motor. They can be bought separately, but the cost difference is negligible. Remember... the only dumb question is the one that ISNT asked.

- DaveW
Old 01-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i have something similar to this.. but it was made by associated. i cant find the partnumber to save my life.. LOL
Old 01-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for the reply guys

am03gt, a racer from the track also told me about the fan duct system specific to the car... i'll see what i can do. i have a gt7 speedo and it's pretty bulky compared to what i've seen from others. i guess i'm gonna have to choose whether put the fan on the motor and leave my electronics alone or have the duct system and move the electronics on top of the brace......

thanks for the advice also davew...

rcmits, that one looks pretty cool also.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Race on carpet with take off 27's and car seems to be real close to being set up correctly but seems to have a bit of a on power push.Does anyone have any ideas to help me out on this problem.By the way the area I most would be interested in would be the effects that caster or kick up will have on my problem .Right now I have 4 degree blocks and .o25 kick up.Plus any other suggestions.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

cody take all the shims out from the blocks...run the car flat. if you need more steering on power try 6 deg castor. Sounds wierd but try it. Also go to 2nd hole out for camber and no washers. That should add traction. If that doesnt work then stand the shocks up a little and try a little thinner oil with the same spring you are running. You should be somewhere near 30lb front 25lb rear for springs. around 50-70 oil in the front and 30-50 in the rear....depends on traction.

Bob

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.