i use steal outdrives!
Old 10-31-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kflabouris
i use steal outdrives!
That must be cheap.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:31 AM
Tech Initiate

oups sorry my mistake.Steel outdrives i mean....
Old 10-31-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kflabouris
oups sorry my mistake.Steel outdrives i mean....
diff build instruction page revised...
http://www.rc10.com/misc/FTTC4_Manual_pg5.pdf
Old 10-31-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

I have this page.I tryed last week but I had exactly the same result.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

So you've all (well most) had the TC4 FT for a bit now. How do you all find it runs, especially on carpet? Also, in your opinions, now you've got the car, do you think it's the best car you could have got? if not what would you prefer?

I do like the look of the TC4 FT and would like to get one in many ways. Have heard there are issues with the quality and corner speed though.

Your opinions/advice would be appreciated
Old 10-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TC4 Problem

I know this is probably in the wrong thread/forum, but I figured I would put it where it was closely related.

I have a problem with my TC4. It is the RTR, but when I race, my rear gearbox opens up and the back end scrapes against the ground/carpet. I'm guessing that the screws don't hold well enough and that is what the problem is. If there is anyone who can help me, thanks!

BTW, I am sorry for posting this in the wrong place if it is. Please excuse this, because I am a newbie.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Smile

You could either a) try putting a little cyanocrylate glue in the holes for the screws, letting it dry, then rerun the screws..... b) use 5-40 screws instead of the stock 4-40....but the problem here is that the heads might be a little large, which means you'll have to open the holes in the gearbox top slightly or turn down the heads of the screws.... c) get new gearbox halves and be really careful not to strip those holes
Old 10-31-2005, 02:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sounds like your diff housing is stripped. You need to replace it. the part # is asc2368.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mclarenowner4
I know this is probably in the wrong thread/forum, but I figured I would put it where it was closely related.

I have a problem with my TC4. It is the RTR, but when I race, my rear gearbox opens up and the back end scrapes against the ground/carpet. I'm guessing that the screws don't hold well enough and that is what the problem is. If there is anyone who can help me, thanks!

BTW, I am sorry for posting this in the wrong place if it is. Please excuse this, because I am a newbie.
did you get it used? It just sounds like it to me. . .

I would also check to see that the right screws are being used to hold the diff halves together - make sure there's 1/4" or so of thread extending through the top to the bottom. . .
Old 10-31-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralph_c
So you've all (well most) had the TC4 FT for a bit now. How do you all find it runs, especially on carpet? Also, in your opinions, now you've got the car, do you think it's the best car you could have got? if not what would you prefer?

I do like the look of the TC4 FT and would like to get one in many ways. Have heard there are issues with the quality and corner speed though.

Your opinions/advice would be appreciated

It's one of the top designs out. Arguing which car is "better" would be like comparing Williams, Honda BAR and Ferrari in F1. They are all in the top bracket and all are capable of winning.

As far as kit quality, it's 100% a-ok. The complaining is coming from the XRay crowd that expects each and every part to fit perfect 100% of the time. The filing and hand-fitting of the front steering knuckles takes about 5 min out of your life. NOT a big deal.

Lastly, the car has zero problems with corner speed. It's the people who don't know how to setup a TC, take it to the track with the kit-default setup and expect to win.

All I can say is that out of the top "luxury" TCs, he TC4 Factory Team is the best deal as you get more for less.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Soviet
Lastly, the car has zero problems with corner speed. It's the people who don't know how to setup a TC, take it to the track with the kit-default setup and expect to win.
Box setup can be a good place to start sometimes. With rubbers I just needed a few key changes from box Team kit setup and the car is great, Still struggling a bit in the high grip though (I'm beginning to think thats because its a stock Team Kit or I need to make some bigger changes in setup)

Question for guys who have had both cars: What are all the differences between Team and Factory kits? On track and off track?
Old 10-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you're racing, don't even bother with the team (tub chassis) kit. The difference is night and day. Get the factory team car, use the steel diffs (no matter what) and run the setup they suggest.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jiml
If you're racing, don't even bother with the team (tub chassis) kit. The difference is night and day. Get the factory team car, use the steel diffs (no matter what) and run the setup they suggest.
I'm still running the tub and am doing well considering my experience and budget. If the FT conversion really works wonders I'll be kicking some A double-S

I've heard mixed reviews about the FT. One guy told my friend it was great and told me it didn't make much difference . Then another guy says its great...(then again, he is sponsored by AE, LOL)
Old 10-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jiml
i had the team and then i got the bmi, it was a difference but nothing too MAJOR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.