Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 10-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gonzo416
not a good idea to take the seals off the bearings because it makes them fragile. if you hit something it will destroy the bearings.you'll be replacing bearings like crazy, i know
Taking the seals out do not make the bearings any less fragile in crashes. The seal only float between the cups.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gonzo416
can someone please post the foam setup that comes with the FTTC4 kit, mine is MIA and it's not on associated's site

I wouldn't worry about the kit carpet setup, I'd just go with Barry's from Vegas. Its going to be a lot better and more up to date.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

could anyone post a setup for socal raceway in huntington beach? I just switched to this car and would like to go out it a good starting setup. I am going to be running stock.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by koabich
If you buy the FT TC4 Conversion, to upgrade your TC4 tub chassis, you will still need to buy several items to have a car identical to a Factory Team TC4. Stuff like the plastic outdrvies, Carbon parts such as A-Arms, Steering and hub blocks, sway bars, blue aluminum screws...etc. If you want a car identical to a Factory Team TC4, it may be cheaper to just buy the Factory Team TC4.

And yes, you will have the tub and shock towers and misc. other stuff left over from your other car that you'll probably never use.
Very true, not to mention the bearings. Does the FT TC4 come with Teflon sealed bearings like the FT TC3 did? They are a big improvement over the stock associated bearings. I used my old ones from my FT TC3 in my TC4.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
could anyone post a setup for socal raceway in huntington beach? I just switched to this car and would like to go out it a good starting setup. I am going to be running stock.

Look in the so cal section on this forum. I posted it in there.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC4 Rider
Very true, not to mention the bearings. Does the FT TC4 come with Teflon sealed bearings like the FT TC3 did? They are a big improvement over the stock associated bearings. I used my old ones from my FT TC3 in my TC4.
Yes, it does, & you're right, they ARE indeed smoother & more friction-free than the rubber-sealed ones....
Old 10-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Would like to know how one may go about protecting the graphite chassis of the FT TC4. I see AE sells a plastic film Associated Factory Team Chassis Protector 6.5x18" RC10 is this recomended? I would really hate to mess up the underside of this car. I will be running on concrete and asphalt. Any insight to other similar type products welcome.

Thank you,
K
Old 10-16-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

That stuff has been around for years. Back in the day with the colored RC10 chassis.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by frog racing
Would like to know how one may go about protecting the graphite chassis of the FT TC4. I see AE sells a plastic film Associated Factory Team Chassis Protector 6.5x18" RC10 is this recomended? I would really hate to mess up the underside of this car. I will be running on concrete and asphalt. Any insight to other similar type products welcome.

Thank you,
K
The off-road guys use it on their chassis to help reduce the friction of when their chassis bottom out.

You can try to use it but for me it's more trouble than it's worth. First, it's very expensive. Second, it can be difficult to use. You either build the car and put the cover protectant on the bottom of the chassis. Or you can put it on a bare chassis and cut out all the battery slots and screws holes so you assemble/dissamble the car with the film in place. If you do not, you have to remove the film to take apart or work on you car and then you have to buy new stuff to replace it since it's not resuable.

Believe me I tried it when I first got into the hobby and then after fighting with it for some time, I realized that not matter what I do, I will not be able to stop the bottom of my chassis from scratching.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Default Drescher Reedy Race 2005 Setup

Hi, Im looking for Craig Drescher's setup in the 2005 Reedy Race of Champs. Anyone can help? Thank you very much
Old 10-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

You could try clear duct tape.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
I whent to socal looking for this setup and didnt fint i found your post but not the set up,whats it called.
newera152
Old 10-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Tech Initiate

I am looking for some setup advice. I tried walter's setup at my local track and found my car was really loose it pushed mid corner through and then it hooked and got the rear loose. I am convinced that our track just doesn't build enough traction to support it. Does anyone have any setup advice for a club/ lower traction carpet track?

THANKS
Old 10-17-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mxracer23
I am looking for some setup advice. I tried walter's setup at my local track and found my car was really loose it pushed mid corner through and then it hooked and got the rear loose. I am convinced that our track just doesn't build enough traction to support it. Does anyone have any setup advice for a club/ lower traction carpet track?

THANKS
I have been having the same type of problem. I am starting to get it worked out. Here is my set up.

Front
Purple springs
2 piston
55 wt oil
Short wheel base front
black sway bar
outer hole on the knuckle
3 washers both inboard and outboard ball stud on steering
Camber link in the 2nd hole from center with black ball stud and 1 washer
shocks mounted inner hole lower 3rd hole out on top
1 shim under both arm blocks
2 degree of caster
BSR double pink/orange tires

Rear
Gold springs
2 pistons
55wt oil
O front block in the rear.
3.0 rear toe block
1 shim under front block
2 washers in front of arm
camber link mounted 2 hole from center with silver ball stud and 1 washer
rear shocks mounted outer hole bottom 2 hole upper
BSR double pink tires

I used Niftech traction compound. A monster geared 1.0 for roll out
The car still has a little on power push but it is getting better. I would like to have the car rotate more. My XXX-S rotated very well. I just wish I can get this car to do the same.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Dodgeguy, I will give it a try

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.