Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

When I had my Schumacher Instead of glueing the edges we took all the graphite and shot it with Clearcoat. It gives a glossy finish and protects.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NVisible
Just got my TC4 in the mail. Picked it up here from Pitshop. I must say im quite impressed with it. All the slop ive read about is non-existant on this car. One thing thats puzzling me is what shocks are on the car. I want to say Yokomo but im not sure, maybe someone here can shed some light on it for me.

Also just to add to what wyd is saying. be sure to wear a mask when sanding your chassis. Graphite dust is terrible for your lungs. You may want to take it a step further when using q-tips and CA. the CA will melt the cotton slightly giving off some nasty fumes that can hurt your eyes, not to mention your respitory system.
that is one CLEAN tc4...the shocks appear to be yokomo's to me.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Tech Rookie

hi guys just wondering if BMI have a chassis for the TC4, if so wot parts are avaliable & for wot price?

also some of you guys where talking about slop and a few where saying its fine, the slop is only presant in the earlier TC4's, like mine, from about january onwards (not sure about that, coreections welcome) the slop was reworked out of the car

thanks Stig77
Old 07-11-2005, 02:19 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NVisible
Just got my TC4 in the mail. Picked it up here from Pitshop. I must say im quite impressed with it. All the slop ive read about is non-existant on this car. One thing thats puzzling me is what shocks are on the car. I want to say Yokomo but im not sure, maybe someone here can shed some light on it for me.

Also just to add to what wyd is saying. be sure to wear a mask when sanding your chassis. Graphite dust is terrible for your lungs. You may want to take it a step further when using q-tips and CA. the CA will melt the cotton slightly giving off some nasty fumes that can hurt your eyes, not to mention your respitory system.
Yeah wear a mask as graphite is really bad for you. Also he is right about the CA making some really nasty fumes. Have good ventilation when doing the mentioned surgery to your car. Man I should of mention that. Good thing for fellow racers!!!!!
Old 07-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
When I had my Schumacher Instead of glueing the edges we took all the graphite and shot it with Clearcoat. It gives a glossy finish and protects.
The things you guys to to our cars...lol!
Old 07-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

stig77,
Yes we do have a chassis kit for the tc4. The price is $124.99 and includes the chassis,top deck,standoffs,battery strap,driveshaft bearing support and stainless steel hardware. The chassis has a pocket on the bottom of the chassis for if you decide to you strapping tape,it will allow the tape to lay below the surface to avoid rubbing on carpet or asphalt. The kit also comes with the battery slots champhered and all pockets and edges also. There are also holes in the chassis plate that allow you to set the balance of your car with the use of tees from front to rear and left to right. Here is a pic of my personal car.i choose to run tape so the battery strap is not shown.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-bmi-tc-4.jpg  
Old 07-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, back home from a very hot race! Here's the report.

It was my first race with my TC4 so expectations were high. Well, it turned out to be a disaster. Car had no mid corner steering and plenty of on power oversteer. Basically a crap handling car. Good topspeed though. Quallied 6th in the A-main. In the first A the car shot to the left at the start with tons of wheelspin. Managed to maintain my spot through the first few corners. Eventually the guys behind came up to me as I struggled to find grip. Never found it.
2nd and 3rd A, I got punted and broke an outdrive, hub carrier and an arm. So 10th place.

I can't say I am happy with the car. I even tried the plastic chassis with cut stifferners which helped a little. And the amount of torque steer severly limited my exit speed as the rear end kept comming out. Thought it was the diff and redid it many times. No help.

When watching the belt drive cars, non had problems. Thinking of going back to belt again. If I land an ongoing sponsor negotiation with a LHS, I will.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Default motor choice

Im building both my tc3's the same and want to know if this is a good choice for a new motor

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFBH5&P=0
Old 07-11-2005, 04:11 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by protc3
stig77,
Yes we do have a chassis kit for the tc4. The price is $124.99 and includes the chassis,top deck,standoffs,battery strap,driveshaft bearing support and stainless steel hardware. The chassis has a pocket on the bottom of the chassis for if you decide to you strapping tape,it will allow the tape to lay below the surface to avoid rubbing on carpet or asphalt. The kit also comes with the battery slots champhered and all pockets and edges also. There are also holes in the chassis plate that allow you to set the balance of your car with the use of tees from front to rear and left to right. Here is a pic of my personal car.i choose to run tape so the battery strap is not shown.
Nice looking!!!!!!! Didn't know about the tape setup. Very cool.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:14 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
Well, back home from a very hot race! Here's the report.

It was my first race with my TC4 so expectations were high. Well, it turned out to be a disaster. Car had no mid corner steering and plenty of on power oversteer. Basically a crap handling car. Good topspeed though. Quallied 6th in the A-main. In the first A the car shot to the left at the start with tons of wheelspin. Managed to maintain my spot through the first few corners. Eventually the guys behind came up to me as I struggled to find grip. Never found it.
2nd and 3rd A, I got punted and broke an outdrive, hub carrier and an arm. So 10th place.

I can't say I am happy with the car. I even tried the plastic chassis with cut stifferners which helped a little. And the amount of torque steer severly limited my exit speed as the rear end kept comming out. Thought it was the diff and redid it many times. No help.

When watching the belt drive cars, non had problems. Thinking of going back to belt again. If I land an ongoing sponsor negotiation with a LHS, I will.
First time I raced my car it was a little like you described but as the day when on the better it was and now on the 2nd week the car is dialed and fast!!!!!!!! Power on shaft cars is instant and no lag time. I have both belt and shaft cars. Belts are smooth but for me my shaft car is faster and still smooth to drive.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
Nice looking!!!!!!! Didn't know about the tape setup. Very cool.
because it wasn't on the earlier chassis'.......its just my super ideas that everyone likes
Old 07-11-2005, 04:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by raving-monkey
because it wasn't on the earlier chassis'.......its just my super ideas that everyone likes
NIce.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

As far as aftermarket chassis go BMI is the BEST bar none,I have bought 4 of them(TC3,Xray,Pro4,Mi2)and I guess it will now be 5 with a TC4 chassis.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thanks buddy
Old 07-11-2005, 07:58 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by xxxkat
As far as aftermarket chassis go BMI is the BEST bar none,I have bought 4 of them(TC3,Xray,Pro4,Mi2)and I guess it will now be 5 with a TC4 chassis.
Yeah he does have great stuff. Is it Saturday yet as my BMI TC4 will be making a maiden voyage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.