Search
Like Tree1Likes

World GT Rules

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default World GT Rules

I did a search for WGT rules and the latest I could find were dated in August 10th of 2009. Does anyone know if these are the most recent rules?

I was curious if there were rules specific to the ESC, esp. boost, but did not see ESC rules mentioned at all. I know ROAR has updated their rules to regulate the use of boost in some classes.

I am interested in trying WGT and was wondering about rules.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bencason
I did a search for WGT rules and the latest I could find were dated in August 10th of 2009. Does anyone know if these are the most recent rules?

I was curious if there were rules specific to the ESC, esp. boost, but did not see ESC rules mentioned at all. I know ROAR has updated their rules to regulate the use of boost in some classes.

I am interested in trying WGT and was wondering about rules.
I don't think they have changed the rules.

At the Carpet Nats this year they will run 13.5 boosted, with spec tires

At our local track 13.5 no boost with spec tires is very popular.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...entry-form.pdf
Old 03-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I don't think they have changed the rules.

At the Carpet Nats this year they will run 13.5 boosted, with spec tires

At our local track 13.5 no boost with spec tires is very popular.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...entry-form.pdf
Thank!

Good to know
Old 03-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think the rules are at least somewhat outdated; I don't think the batteries listed from 2009 are even available anymore (couldn't find any of them on Stormer).

I'm contemplating running WGT at this years IIC Vegas, last year they posted that the 2009 rules were the ones they used, they ran a 13.5T non timed and a 10.5T open ESC, and Jaco spec tires. I wasn't watching close enough to see if they enforced the battery model numbers.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Same battery rules as 1s 12th no ?
Old 03-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

This year they are using timed speedos with 13,5 and 1s packs with spec tire, same as snowbirds and US indoor championships! oh and the bodies list is still to date!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

almost all of the HPI bodies in the 2009 rules are discontinued (or out of stock)
Old 03-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate
I think the rules are at least somewhat outdated; I don't think the batteries listed from 2009 are even available anymore (couldn't find any of them on Stormer).

I'm contemplating running WGT at this years IIC Vegas, last year they posted that the 2009 rules were the ones they used, they ran a 13.5T non timed and a 10.5T open ESC, and Jaco spec tires. I wasn't watching close enough to see if they enforced the battery model numbers.
Last year at IIC the only thing they did for batterys was check the voltage (no higher than 4.22v) other than that it was any roar approved battery (even though its not a roar race).
Old 03-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

not wanting to ruin this thread,but why do they run 1S
i cant see it being any cheaper.
a 2s setup running half the KV will draw nearly half the amps and use nearly half the capacity of the battery.
instead of needing a 1s capable esc that can handle high amps,a basic esc can be used,so this is possibly cheaper
batteries could be near half the capacity,so these would be no more expensive than a 5000+ 1S

all in all VOLTAGE is king
Old 03-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl
a 2s setup running half the KV will draw nearly half the amps and use nearly half the capacity of the battery.
instead of needing a 1s capable esc that can handle high amps,a basic esc can be used,so this is possibly cheaper
batteries could be near half the capacity,so these would be no more expensive than a 5000+ 1S

anymore though, mosyly everybody runs some kind of boosted speedo and most boost speedo's have a 1s setting anyway, and you almost have to have a boost speedo to be competitive in most pan car classes
Old 03-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
This year they are using timed speedos with 13,5 and 1s packs with spec tire, same as snowbirds and US indoor championships! oh and the bodies list is still to date!
Uh-oh, how did you hear IIC 2011 was running open timed 13.5? Any news on the other classes?

Although it makes sense (the timed 10.5 was the lowest turnout class), I was planning on using my Havoc 1S, a non-timed ESC; if it's a timed class I'll have to buy an ESC.
Rax likes this.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl

First, imo your right but on small carpet tracks it seems to work out ok. What i do see in the 1/12 13.5t open esc class (that was run very competitive during the indoor season) is that there is a huge drop in speeds during one run. It goes from 60km/h to 52km/h. (measured with a speedtrap)

In Europe it seems that for indoors WGT with 2s 17.5t are being run everywhere except England. With 2s I don't see those kind of drops like in the 1/12. I never drove 1s in my WGT car but I can only imagine with the higher weight of the WGT that using 1s the drop in speed will be worse then in the 1/12.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
First, imo your right but on small carpet tracks it seems to work out ok. What i do see in the 1/12 13.5t open esc class (that was run very competitive during the indoor season) is that there is a huge drop in speeds during one run. It goes from 60km/h to 52km/h. (measured with a speedtrap)

In Europe it seems that for indoors WGT with 2s 17.5t are being run everywhere except England. With 2s I don't see those kind of drops like in the 1/12. I never drove 1s in my WGT car but I can only imagine with the higher weight of the WGT that using 1s the drop in speed will be worse then in the 1/12.
If boosted speeds are dropping by that much, they may need to back down on the timing for more consistent runs. Shouldn't see more than .5s drop during the run.

Our 1s 13.5 NR laps vary only by a few tenths from fast lap to last lap.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

i rechecked the laptimes to see what teh difference might be and funny thing is that although the speed suffers the laptimes are quite consistent and also roughly 0.5 seconds difference. I gues getting in the rythem during the race makes up for the drop in speed so laptimes don't suffer too much.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

bump

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.