R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-23-2005, 09:22 AM   #1336
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Merciless - Man you really have to chill out. I ordered the bmi l4 kit 5 months before they were able to ship it and it was definately worth the wait. You are not dealing with trinity, losi or ae; this is all 'side work' for Jason and it WILL take time to get stuff out.

Wayne - Thanks, I didn't really 'get' it till I did it on my car. I will be running it next wednesday and see how it goes.

On another note there is one thing about the bmi design that may need some attention. I run .020 parma speed 8 bodies, during racing sometimes the side of the body can get stuck up on top of the crossbrace after a crash or a scuffle. It kills lap times. Has anybody else had this happen? I will only be using the plates now and am thinking about dremeling off the ends of the crossbrace so this doesn't happen any more.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:05 AM   #1337

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

I was on a waiting list for a year as a team driver, it takes time to get things done in the real world. This is not Jason's main business, he is in business for bigger, more extensive projects than RC Car Chassis's. When you do get one, you will be very happy with the product.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:26 PM   #1338
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi.

Stephen & Fatdoggy,

Thanks for posting about Jason and his normal job. it is keeping him really busy with little downtime between runs. also graphite has become somewhat hard to get in the 2.5 mm sheets.
also as a team driver we are still racing the first gen prototype and are waiting for a production kit.

Wayne:

Hi,

If you get a chance please call me. I'm off work again. so I'm home at nights now.

Stephen:

hope to see you at Vegas..........

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:01 PM   #1339
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Wait ....... Wait, no i was right that is an FT05 conversion i remember seeing completed, Oh and the Tc4 one too. All since the lowered pods were asked about !!

I know there are other projects on the go and "REAL" work too, but come on how hard would it really be to make these things up with the right equipement and once the milling program is written well it's just a matter of telling the machine to get on with it.

Look i know that last explaination is very simple but hey running up those pods ain't so hard really, is it ???
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:00 PM   #1340
Tech Elite

Merciless - You don't just stick the piece of aluminum in the machine and press a button. You have to adjust the aluminum piece numerous times to get the job done.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:21 PM   #1341
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Merciless,
I mentioned it to Jason a week or so ago... I'll call him again and see what's going on.

Fatdoggy,
I run the same body. I had the chassis brace go threw the side of the body, but never had the body hang up on it. It's a good idea you had about cutting the ears off if you're going to run the plates.

Tim,
I'll give you a call tommorrow night, I'm off to a baseball game

Wayne
Old 06-23-2005, 04:13 PM   #1342
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdoggy
Merciless - You don't just stick the piece of aluminum in the machine and press a button. You have to adjust the aluminum piece numerous times to get the job done.
CNC machined ain't they ???
Old 06-23-2005, 04:15 PM   #1343
Tech Master

Anyway thanks everyone

I'm just sat here waiting and venting alittle

Tomorrows another day and i'm sure i'll feel better then
Old 06-23-2005, 06:19 PM   #1344

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Merciless- Yes they are, but they must be aligned and fitted before running the program.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:03 PM   #1345
Tech Elite

UP ^
Old 06-30-2005, 01:45 PM   #1346
Tech Master

Default Yawn

Oh well another week goes by with no news on the 12th car ..................
Old 06-30-2005, 04:06 PM   #1347
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,
sorry for the wait on the pods but i need to do these projects in the order that they were started.i made the 1/12th.then the tc4 and then the fk05.i am right on schedule with r/c stiff.unfortunately we have a huge workload right now and i have had to juggle the work to try to get it all finished.please remember that i have a shop to run and customers to please in alot of different areas.the r/c stuff is only about 5% of my workload.im trying to get to it but it is very busy right now.i have 5000 and 10000 pc. jobs running around the clock and its hard to break into a machine when they are always running.another thing i need you guys to understand is that these pods are a very precise piece.the dimensions are very critical and they are difficult to hold in the machines without distortion.i need to do them myself or put one of my high paid guys on them in order to be confident that they will be to my liking.i do not want to just burn out junk.i want to make sure every piece is just right and get all of our other work through the machines at the same time.please work with me here.i didnt forget about it.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:42 PM   #1348
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to odawg315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merciless
Oh well another week goes by with no news on the 12th car ..................
wow... when was the last time you heard someone waitng for a ferrari complain... after all, that is what your buying...of the rc world!!!
odawg315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:08 PM   #1349
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
hey guys,
sorry for the wait on the pods but i need to do these projects in the order that they were started.i made the 1/12th.then the tc4 and then the fk05.i am right on schedule with r/c stiff.unfortunately we have a huge workload right now and i have had to juggle the work to try to get it all finished.please remember that i have a shop to run and customers to please in alot of different areas.the r/c stuff is only about 5% of my workload.im trying to get to it but it is very busy right now.i have 5000 and 10000 pc. jobs running around the clock and its hard to break into a machine when they are always running.another thing i need you guys to understand is that these pods are a very precise piece.the dimensions are very critical and they are difficult to hold in the machines without distortion.i need to do them myself or put one of my high paid guys on them in order to be confident that they will be to my liking.i do not want to just burn out junk.i want to make sure every piece is just right and get all of our other work through the machines at the same time.please work with me here.i didnt forget about it.
Absolutely!!

You must take care of your primary business first. I just think that it is exceptional that you are even listening to us and want to make these pieces for us. I feel comfortable that you will let us know when they are available. I am saving my BMI 1/12th conversion for the Vegas race anyway so I can wait.

Thanks again for your support!

s-
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:12 AM   #1350
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thanks for your understanding.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote