R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-20-2004, 01:26 AM   #316
Tech Master

Some of the parts off your rev3 will fit. The front end the rear axle and the center shock should work. You would have to get a T bar and all the hardware tho.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:17 AM   #317
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

429racer

The new or old style front Assoc. suspension will fit. There are many companies that buy the assoc. front ends and use them on their cars. Your rev3 probably has the old school front end which will bolt right on. Like Speediephatt said... you can put your shock on and diff., it may need spaced differently, but they will fit. Then all you need is a t-bar and the pivots and spacers for the lower rear pod where it is bolted to the t-bar. I would recommend the new style assoc. suspension if you run mod. or if you are on e high bite track. If you run stock or a low bite track you can get away with the old style front suspension.

Wayne
Old 10-20-2004, 08:07 AM   #318
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by UnderDaHill
I'll be starting with a hot 27x1

No mod for me until I figure out how to drive it.

Then I'll move to 19t and then for my V2 11x2
UnderDaHill I did the same exact thing you are doing. Originally I jumped into mod and just couldn't control the car. I go back and forth between 19 turn and mod now. I'm still need a little work on mod.
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:52 AM   #319
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to UnderDaHill

Number 11 and FatDoggy....

Yeah... I've just seen too many people at our track get a brand new 1/12th and try to run it in 19t. They spend some much time hitting stuff that they get frustrated. Until I learn how to maintain and setup my ride I don't want to throw too much power at it. If I can drive it comfortably the first week in stock I'll switch to 19t the following week. If we ever get a mod 1/12th class going I'll move to that if I can drive clean in 19t.

I know Mod would be fun. But I'd like to have fun for 8 minutes instead of the 1-2 minutes of fun then breaking the car and spending an hour fixing it. NOT FUN! :-)

Speaking of getting around the track faster in Stock... I wouldn't be surprised if I do. I will probably run stock IN the 19t class. Nobody would likely complain if I approved it ahead of time. That way I can get used to the car with a bit less power but just switch to a 19t motor if it is handling OK. Our big class is 19t 1/12th so I'd have more competition that way. Even with a stock motor their is only 2-3 people that would likely beat me with their 19t motors in. The rest of the field spends a lot of time spot checking the barriers.
UnderDaHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:10 AM   #320
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Good luck - 1/12th is fast no matter if its a 300 sized motor (haha, right) or stock or 19 turn. For my ORL points series, the only class is mod 1/12th so to keep up with the big boys I need to run 10-11 turn motors. I'll be practicing though with 19 turn

John
Old 10-20-2004, 02:45 PM   #321
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Cool, thanks guys!
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:09 PM   #322
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to serpentracer1

UnderDaHill,
If I may make a suggestion.Ive raced rc since way back in the early 90,s got out of it for 4 yrs and just got back into it last Dec.I started running 12th scale again to get my driving skills back(I'm 42 I need all the skills at this point I can get) ,cause if you can drive a 12th you can drive anything.I started with stock and stuck with stock for awhile till I was comfortable driving the car around with little to no crash and burns when I got comfortable I than got a mod and I practiced with a mod motor in the car but I still raced stock I took the whole summer and stayed indoors and ran nothing but mod until a few months ago.and now im back to stock because I race the masters class in the larger events.The mod helped teach me alot of throttle control and timing and when I went back to stock it helped so much Ive gotten to be a better driver(more consistant)Dont let anyone tell you to put a mod in the car if you dont think your ready for it.You can break more going faster.I would just tell you to get like a 15-17turn mod (a 19t is really not a whole lot faster than a really good stock motor)nothing special or elaberate and practice with it and race stock.You will be amazed how much you learn doing it that way.
Orion R10 Pro VST powered
serpentracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:04 AM   #323
Regional Moderator

Thanks serpent... Makes a lot of sense. I do plan to put a mod in it from time to time. Running 19t in my sedan has helped me become a better stock driver. But until I can set the car up right I think a mod would just end up letting me break the car more often. Stock, 19t, mod just seems like a logical progression to me. Once I know how to dial the car in I'll move up to faster classes when my skill is sufficient... or I am just feeling brave :-)

Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:51 AM   #324
Tech Elite

Amazingly these little cars take a lot of abuse and don't break. Only time I have ever broken anything at a race is when after a practice session I pulled the car over to the side while I was getting off the drivers stand. We'll some idiot decides to plow right into the back of me with a 1/10th touring car. I was well off the driving line and this guy smashed my T-bar in half. Needless to say, I was pissed.

Maybe I'm lucky, but I've never broken anything on my 1/12th scale when I've been racing and I've raced these things quite a few years.

John

P.S. I've probably cursed myself.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:32 AM   #325
Regional Moderator

Yup... your cursed now.

The poeple at our track break t-bars regularly. Like at least one person has to buy a t-bar every race day. Sometimes 2-3 t-bars are broken in one day. I've broke the t-bar on my car twice.

I've never had it happend but at least one person pops the endbell off their motor each race day (or at least part of the way).

Those are about the only things I've seen happend to break a 1/12th scale recently.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:36 AM   #326
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

John: yeap, cursed

Tres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:09 AM   #327
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Thank God Jason will be back tommorrow!!! I hope he won alot of money so he can give out free chassis!!
Old 10-22-2004, 08:11 AM   #328
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Good one sg1!!

I and about every other guy n RCTech probably has a job for him to do!!

Hes gonna wish he stayed in vegas when he gets back to BMI-I bet
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:30 AM   #329
Tech Elite

UnderDaHill - LOL, those of some freeky breaks. Endbells popping off??? Do all the guys in your area crank down on the endbell screws so they strip and the endbells pop off?

Tres - Thanks for the support Actually....I can't break a car that I don't have. LOL Jason still has it at the shop in Flordia.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:31 AM   #330
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Make this-NOW!!!

Wayne,

Its about time we had an infinitley adjustable axle height adjuster on a 12th scale. You and Jason are bright-figure it out!!

Last night to maintain ride height without breaking out the truer I had to go from 1.789 tires and #2 pill to #3 and 1.89" tires and of course-car pushed and lost corner speed on those bigger meats.

If i could have just lowered the axle a smidge-I could have kept running the 1.789 tires. I tried dropping to the #1 pill and those tires and whoa-4.5mm ride height!!

Thanks,
Ray
p.s. where were you last night?
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote