R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-02-2004, 12:13 PM   #46

Send a message via AIM to T Allen

i will never quit and in 2 years win i can drive my self to the track i will have many sponsors hopefuly so it will never end for me
T Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 01:20 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy Quit??

I think Ill Quit !! when I just get tired of buying or trading R/c stuff .. Or when its just not fun anymore .....
Old 09-30-2004, 05:20 AM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
As far as I know......

Whenever hell freezes over or I stop breathing.... whichever comes first.....LOL

But seriously, Whenever I don't have fun anymore...... but I don't see a track often enough to get burnt out, so it will be a very long time....LOL
ditto
pink pac man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:26 AM   #49
Tech Master

I will neva give up.il race rc cars in my grave with micro cars lol.
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:05 AM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

When i can't beat anyone using my mabuchi/johnson motor.
Balugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:17 AM   #51
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I'll quit when they pry my M8 from my cold dead hands!
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:57 PM   #52
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by vtl1180ny
As we get older we have to organize our priorities... For the last 10 or so years I've been a backyard basher. I'm starting to race again because I have the time to devote to racing again... I will never completely sell off my RC stuff, I put it all away every so often though... Sometimes we need a break...

Unlike my RC's, unless I lose use of my hands I will never have to give those up... I'm 34 and I'm retired for good... People think it's the greatest thing and some others resent me because I am retired. What they don't seem to realize is I'm retired because I am unable to work anymore... I was a Cop until a very bad car accident disabled me for life. My scars aren't external, they are internal so looking at me you'd never know... I know every day of my life and another car accident could make a parapeligic out of me... Then the RC's go...

I'm forced to give up a love of mine bigger than my RC's, my motorcycles... It sucks when you need to get rid of a hobby to fund another... But when you have to give up a hobby because you can't physically do it, it's even worse...

We all get frustrated with these little cars and yea the hobby costs money... My real Corvette has been sitting under the cover for months because of my frustration with it... You think RC's rip you off??? Try getting a part for an old Vette... Even if it's the simplist little thing, as soon as they here it's for a C3 Vette the price triples... The Mid Year's (63-67) are even worse...
Hi vtl1180ny,

Me i can understand how you feel because my brother is in the same case but he didn't give up or quit yet because we have work hard to adapted the RC to his disabality..... Even his motobike "HAYABUSA SUZUKI 1200"..lol.....

Now he flys, he used to race and won but now his sons are become better than him so he gets retired but still a active actor in RC......

When the accident happenned, we didn't think about what's gone wrong physically but we thought about the hobby,....lol.... And i'd like to see people help you even if your disability are hight...because you still alive and still love your hobby, so fight for....and keep strong, because you never know how the technologie will go....

For my part, even after death i will still here and i don't even see me quit the hobby for nothin... even if i'm jobless...I love the hobby like my life, it's a oxigen i need everyday, if i disconnect to it, i'm not ok and feel sick ,ill even near to die...lol

Even, i make the choice a few years ago bwt a girl and the hobby, then i don't need to tell you what have been my choice because i'm here to talk about it...lol....It's very important but sometimes you can't manage and love two things in the same time...

Thank and live for the hobby, work to afford my passion, and dream to be a world championship,... So i worlk hard on it now....No time for women....
SPEEDx971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 07:39 PM   #53
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

When they pry my transmitter from my cold dead fingers.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:35 AM   #54
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to gspot69d

ill quite when i cannot find time
and seeing that i am 16 in school have a part time job after school and a gf and a baby to support and can find time now i dont think ill ever not find time
gspot69d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 08:59 AM   #55
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by gspot69d
ill quite when i cannot find time
and seeing that i am 16 in school have a part time job after school and a gf and a baby to support and can find time now i dont think ill ever not find time
Yuou are 16 w/ a gf and a baby? WOW! that is starting young. Good luck buddy.
studysession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 09:04 AM   #56
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to gspot69d

thanks
gspot69d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 10:27 AM   #57
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

i quit for the summer then start back up in late fall...now if only my sponsors designed car audio produsts too
Old 10-02-2004, 10:52 AM   #58
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to MaverickRacing

I guess when it isnt a hobby anymore...When theres nothing but ready to run cars, prebuilts, and brushless motors are mandated. That would be my que to exit.
MaverickRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 11:08 AM   #59
Tech Elite

I never quit but I do take breaks from time to time.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote