Send a message via AIM to Javen13 Send a message via Yahoo to Javen13

yeah thats true alberto
Javen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:48 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by 071crazy
Well, if you were running on a tight course then of course you could beat a nitro fairly easily. In fact, you would probably keep up with a 19 t or maybe even a stock. But, if you put yourself on a 200x100 track with sweepers only then there would be no way that an electric would keep up with a nitro.
well just so happens that teh track only has one tight spot the rest of corners wer wide and long straits.
Owner and original purchaser of LST2#000689. RPM Arms,Sway Bar Kit, TiNi Gears,HD center skid plate, FOC and Gear swap, 420Kingpins, wing kit, body. Stuff still to do/get for 2016 season: Replace engine.
TLR22 SCT2.0 ZTW 6.5 120A SSPro ESC and Motor
Tamiya LunchBox (Project Racebox) More later
FIRE RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:59 PM   #33
Tech Adept

That is funny - I wish I lived close to some of the people who think electric can't keep up with nitro. I would love the chance to show people otherwise.

Most nitro's can't keep up with my electrics - All my car details are on my site: http://studysession.com The car pictured on the front of the site is one that I may be entering in the RC Car Action speed challenge with. I am testing with a few different cars.

On my site there is a video of Nitro TC3's that can't keep up with electric Micro RS4's. And another with 2 different people at a different place where a Nitro TC3 can not keep up with e XRAY M18. Both of those 1/18 scale pictured are electric. The MRS4 hasa a 540 conversion and the M18 is running the Mamba brushless. http://studysession.com/vids.html

The videos are not of my cars. I wish they were but they are from other people. I am hoping to have some video of my Micro RS4 against some nitros soon. But I do not right now.

Last edited by studysession; 09-02-2004 at 03:04 PM.
studysession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 03:20 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Fire Rider - How did you measure your speed. I have done a lot of testing and the speed of your car? I am not trying to bust on you. Just I have a lot of experience at this. Unless you changed your internal ratio of the XXXS. Then i do not believe your speed claim at all. -- You could be right, but I still won't believe it until you either change to a motor with MUCH higher RPM's and More cells or change that gear ratio.

The internal ratio fo the XXXS is 1.83:1 so with pinion and spur you mentioned and peronal experience with the Novak. You need to check again.

For those who are reading and don't know. Gear ratios are determined by - Spur gear divided size by pinion size multiplied by tranny/internal ratio.

128 / 33 * 1.83 = 7.0981:1 gear ratio -

Sorry, but I have the Novak and with only 6 cells at that gear ration. It will not hit that speed.

I am sponsored by a few brushless motor and ESC manufactures and test the brushless products regularly. And I know with that being your gear ratio and using that motor. You need more cells to bring it above the 40 mark. With my RC's I do speed runs regularly with my cars. I just don't believe you are hitting any of those high speeds claimed.

For those interested - here are internal ratio's of most cars:
Associated TC3 2.5
Barracuda R2/R3 2.4375
Ho Bao Hyper 10 elec 2.13
HPI Pro3 2.25
HPI Pro 4 2.4375
Losi XXXS 1.83
RCLab (15/32) 2.133
RCLab (15/37) 2.466
RCLab (17/32) 1.882
RCLab (17/37) 2.176
Robitronic ETCV1 1.59
Schu 98/99/Axis 2.00
Schu Mission/Mi2 (17T) 2.12
Schu Mission/Mi2 (20t) 1.8
Tamiya TT01 2.6
Tamiya TB02 2.6
Tamiya TB Evo III 2.6
X-Ray standard 2.125
X-Ray low 1.77
Yokomo MR4 TC-SD 2.352
MR4TC 2.2
Old 09-02-2004, 04:48 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, my tc3 hits 60 mph off a 6 cell "Special" battery pack. Obviously it'll hit 180 mph if I put in 18 cells.

Just thought I'd start something up......
Old 09-03-2004, 06:38 AM   #36
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by 071crazy
Hey guys, my tc3 hits 60 mph off a 6 cell "Special" battery pack. Obviously it'll hit 180 mph if I put in 18 cells.

Just thought I'd start something up......
Old 09-03-2004, 06:55 AM   #37
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by studysession
Studysession, that's the last I help you out with your micro.

ajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 07:06 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Dude, if you have problems with understanding motor springs then I really wonder how much help you can offer with anything at all.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:27 AM   #39
ajg

I've helped him with more on his micro on other forums than you have since you've been on this forum.
ajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 07:28 AM   #40
Tech Adept

Come on now - lets try to keep this one on subject.

I asked FIRE RIDER to tell us how he came up with those speeds. I personally tried that gear ratio with 6 cells on a touring car and it was high 30's but never hit 40. My car hit 38 - 39 each time. But never got passed the 39 until I went up to a taller gear ratio.

And with the Novak, I did not want to ruin it so I was not going to go past the 6 cells. Anyone that I know who went 7 cells with the Novaks had problems and sent it off for warranty repairs after. I figure I have other brushless systems to use, so I did not want to risk the Novak getting essed up.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:38 AM   #41
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
I've helped him with more on his micro on other forums than you have since you've been on this forum.
Yes - on another forum AJG has helped me with a setup on my Micro RS4 = He has a 540 converted micro. I recently got one myself. Him and a few others been answering my questions on hop-ups and option for the 540 conversions. Want to see a cool video? On my website shows a 540 converted Micro RS4 racaing against a Nitro TC3. The NTC3 can not keep up:
http://studysession.com/vids.html

But this thread is about a TC3 and how fast it goes. And using the Venom Speed Meter to measure speed - I used an MTroniks Brushless ESC and a Lehner Brushless motor and was really conervative on the gearing. Went 56MPh using 12 cells. I can easily go up in gearing a go faster.

I am having the car redone to help with balance. 12 cells done up on a stock chassis of a TC3 does drive well going straight, but in turns it tends to lean to much. Once we are done with a new setup, I will be using same motor and the new MTroniks ESC I have now and will be using 12 cells and give it a go with taller gearing.

Once that is done, I will be using same setup using different brushless motors to compare how they perform.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:50 AM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to crimson eagle

Mine took ages to sell, nobody wanted to buy it, I can't say I blame them too much I lowered the price twice before it sold.

crimson eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:11 AM   #43
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by studysession
Yes - on another forum AJG has helped me with a setup on my Micro RS4 = He has a 540 converted micro. I recently got one myself. Him and a few others been answering my questions on hop-ups and option for the 540 conversions. Want to see a cool video? On my website shows a 540 converted Micro RS4 racaing against a Nitro TC3. The NTC3 can not keep up:
http://studysession.com/vids.html

But this thread is about a TC3 and how fast it goes. And using the Venom Speed Meter to measure speed - I used an MTroniks Brushless ESC and a Lehner Brushless motor and was really conervative on the gearing. Went 56MPh using 12 cells. I can easily go up in gearing a go faster.

I am having the car redone to help with balance. 12 cells done up on a stock chassis of a TC3 does drive well going straight, but in turns it tends to lean to much. Once we are done with a new setup, I will be using same motor and the new MTroniks ESC I have now and will be using 12 cells and give it a go with taller gearing.

Once that is done, I will be using same setup using different brushless motors to compare how they perform.

You might want to consider going to a stiffer suspension setup to help keep the car planted. What are you running for your shocks? I hope you're not hoping to make this car handle like it's on rails, since the handling will be compromised with 12 sub-c's on board. Are you running any sort of capped tire?
Old 09-03-2004, 08:46 AM   #44
Tech Adept

For now I am running some tires I get for free. Just some cheap rubber tires.

As it gets into the higher speeds, the tires balloon up to much. So I am going to need to change what I am using. Figure can do that later.

I am going to be meeting with a machine shop in Scarborough. They are going to help me with a new design for the car I have. Everything will be completely balanced when we are done and will be able to fit 24 cells with no problems after that. Right now, 12 is all that I can run with until them. Making more fit without modifying the car is to hard and keeping it balanced. So need to make a custom chassis and support bracket to allow everything to fit correctly. We are also doing this to give the car a lower center of gravity. It will be a few weeks before this process is finished. So until then I am just seeing what speeds I can reach with 12 cells.

On my Colt10 with 12 cells using the AXI motor and Schulze ESC I reached 93MPh. That is about the fastest I think I can go with only 12 cells. It will take a lot more power to push it much faster. This car I recently finished a custom chassis for testing. If it works, I will get the machine shop help me do a better one. Right now my work on the mill looks more like a hack job. I am enrolled in some machining classes for the winter semester at Harrogate College. This will help out a lot. But until then, I will get help from the machine shop in Scarborough.

Thx
Old 09-03-2004, 08:49 AM   #45
Tech Elite

My last tc3 went from zero to out the door in 2.3 days, and I haven'tlooked back since!!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote