R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-07-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hobbyywing XERUN 1S ESC for 1/12th No RX Pack needed

Hi all, haven't seen a thread for this fine speed controller so thought I would begin one.

Hobbywing now produce a fantastic piece of Kit that means that you can run all the fabulous Hobbywing Boosted softwares but on 1/12th Cars in 1s WITH NO REVEIVER PACK. Meaning less weight, less hassle all in a great idea !!!

The ESC has a voltage sensing auto switching circuit for moving between 1s and 2s, 120Amp Constant current/ 720Amp Burst. Good for 1s down to 2.5T, 2s Down to 3.5T. Easily updateable via the USB LCD program card, fully updateable with current and future Hobbywing firmwares. For 10.5 the Full fat Xtreme stock firmware is perfect with 1/12th.

When running with Hobbywings own Motors, and utilizing the thermal protection on the ESC,m the ESC will Thermal if the HW motor ever hits 90 Degrees C.

Specs are listed here ----> http://www.racersinexile.org.uk/XERU...0_2127148.aspx

Any questions just ask away.

Cherry
Old 03-07-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey Cherry!

Being that I just started 12th scale and am running a TC also, will this be fine and not overheat while running mod motors in TC 2s? It looks very similar to the 2.1 esc but without the fan.

tia!
mikeygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:55 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It does come with a heatsink and double sided thermal tape.. and a fan.

The only real difference apart from the heatsink... would be the shorter solder tabs

I dont run mod as such, but i have run this speedy with a 5.5 (Fan and heatsink fitted to speedy) and it seemed to work fine...
Old 03-07-2011, 04:06 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
Hey Cherry!

Being that I just started 12th scale and am running a TC also, will this be fine and not overheat while running mod motors in TC 2s? It looks very similar to the 2.1 esc but without the fan.

tia!
they are the same Spec as the v2.1 120A XERUN ecept they ONLY run 1s / 2s instead of 2s/3s. Heatsink and fan is INCLUDED as stated above and fit very easily.

We have some settings for 10.5 from a driver who is testing these and can help with those, Software is readily available and regularly updated.
ESC has proven very very quick in racing with a very good driver at the wheel

Hope it helps to answer some questions for you.

Cherry
Old 03-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Hi cherry I am looking fir some advice.

I will be running a hw on my T3 2011 and have a 120a v2.1 which I am looking to use with a 13.5t motor. Which is the best software and what is the difference between 60a and the 120a.

I will also install the super capacitors. What is the advantage of this?

Thanks
Old 03-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubba View Post
Hi cherry I am looking fir some advice.

I will be running a hw on my T3 2011 and have a 120a v2.1 which I am looking to use with a 13.5t motor. Which is the best software and what is the difference between 60a and the 120a.

I will also install the super capacitors. What is the advantage of this?

Thanks
Super capacitor, more brakes, better power and less chance of the caps blowing.

For 13.5T no difference between the 120 and 60.

For setup look at my one using 0119 software.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dxoh58tu2y222az

Hope it helps

Cherry
Old 03-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #7
Tech Champion

Kinda big looking
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #8
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Kinda big looking

No it fits nicely in most 1/12th scales haven't had any problems so far, just think if you take away the RX pack or the booster all that space you save lol.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Guys is there a place in the U.S. to buy HW ESC's? I know hobbypartz.com used to have them but they have been out of stock for a LONG time. Sorry I'm an off-road guy so if this has been posted in this section I appologize and yes I did try to do a search.

Thanks!
K. PORTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. PORTER View Post
Guys is there a place in the U.S. to buy HW ESC's? I know hobbypartz.com used to have them but they have been out of stock for a LONG time. Sorry I'm an off-road guy so if this has been posted in this section I appologize and yes I did try to do a search.

Thanks!
A US importer would sure be nice and simple. I did a Google search and only found this product on the Hobbywing website. Will it show up at a US dealer and/or the usual HK hobby shops any time soon?
Old 03-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #11
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. PORTER View Post

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencason View Post
A US importer would sure be nice and simple. I did a Google search and only found this product on the Hobbywing website. Will it show up at a US dealer and/or the usual HK hobby shops any time soon?
Hi I will offer you guys the same deal as the TC guys in the US....

Pay for domestic UK shipping and I will make up the difference to ship it to the USA, just as if you were a UK customer.

http://www.racersinexile.org.uk/

Every little helps

Cherry
Old 03-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #12
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
No it fits nicely in most 1/12th scales haven't had any problems so far, just think if you take away the RX pack or the booster all that space you save lol.
There are other ESCs out there that will run on 1 cell LiPo without a booster or RX pack that are smaller.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:43 AM   #13
Tech Addict

Quote:
There are other ESCs out there that will run on 1 cell LiPo without a booster or RX pack that are smaller.
Indeed there are but are they at the same price/performance point?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:50 AM   #14
Tech Champion

Not as low in cost...but close enough.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:34 AM   #15
Tech Addict

Quote:
Not as low in cost...but close enough.
OK, but this thread is here to talk about the Hobbywing 120 Amp 1s ESC, there are other threads where they talk about the other brands and their benefits.