R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

yea our sphere could be a bit off the more we think bout it.
as for the ruling i hear ya miron. someone could easily sway cases and have some dynamic timing. this is my guess why it was not on the list. i actualy know a few that did just that but not in vta, no it wasnt me either
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #47
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
I hope I am not misunderstood. I am fully in support of the USVTA rules. I am not asking because I want to argue the legitimacy of the decision. Even if the answer is the dumbest most illogical thing I have ever heard, thats fine. Rules are rules. I am just curious to know for the sake of knowledge, not as leverage to sling mud. I am sure USVTA has heard it all and might be gunshy, I just don't want to be lumped in with the trolls and energy vampires because I have question. I could easily imagine people who didn't know you Myron, taking offense to the blue text above (not me though)
good point, now I see it does look like a smart azz coment...not my intent...but you see the point Im trying to pass along......well...btw...how you know my name, do I know you...?...lol..j/k
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I've raced at the last few MSRA races with you.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #49
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
I've raced at the last few MSRA races with you.
I remember...Im ROAR legal now....cya soon
Old 03-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

NICE JOB !!!! Well said.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #51
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys I wasnt suggesting a rule change. I was only asking if there was any other manufactures of esc's that were being considered because I have had issues with Novak and the availability of there products in a timely manner at my local hobby shop. The esc's have been on backorder for quite some time and I was just told they should be available next week. But our indoor season is just about over and and our outdoor track is much bigger and we are considering different esc/motor combination. So I am going to wait untill a decision is made about what esc/motors will be allowed before I buy anything. It is just dissapointing to have to set out the rest of the season because of this. If there were more manufactures involved there would be more products available and less of my situation occuring. Also I just dont like having to Mail Order anything or buy over the internet, I like to support my local hobby shop because he is there for me when I need him. NOT in a week or two when someone decides to ship their product or you have to pay three times as much to get here quickly.
jayh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #52
Tech Champion

LRP,SPEED PASSION, as well as Novak have legal esc. When and if others decide to make a legal USVTA ESC, it will get tested and approved. As far as bigger outside tracks go, unlimited fdr, will fix that. But if you are trying to get 17.5 speeds, its not happening.

I've raced VTA from Wisconsin to Alabama and Georgia and everywhere between on small carpet tracks in Lexington Kentucky to large ones in Cincinnati Ohio, to Huntsville Alabama mall parking lot to Memphis Tennessee monstrous 250 foot straight and sweeper.

Only change I made was my pinion gear, and a fan for the motor. You shouldn't have to consider changing equipment, just to race outside

Try running your legal stuff first, and see if you're not getting the same results from the class.

Also unless a manufacturer is paying me to race, as long as Joe Blow next to me is running the same crap, then its as good of a battle as any, or better. Novak will make it right, trust me.

And get your lhs to get with novak like we did. I too would rather go into a shop, and SHOP.

Hope this helped
Old 03-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #53
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayh50 View Post
Hey guys I wasnt suggesting a rule change. I was only asking if there was any other manufactures of esc's that were being considered because I have had issues with Novak and the availability of there products in a timely manner at my local hobby shop. The esc's have been on backorder for quite some time and I was just told they should be available next week. But our indoor season is just about over and and our outdoor track is much bigger and we are considering different esc/motor combination. So I am going to wait untill a decision is made about what esc/motors will be allowed before I buy anything. It is just dissapointing to have to set out the rest of the season because of this. If there were more manufactures involved there would be more products available and less of my situation occuring. Also I just dont like having to Mail Order anything or buy over the internet, I like to support my local hobby shop because he is there for me when I need him. NOT in a week or two when someone decides to ship their product or you have to pay three times as much to get here quickly.
We keep USVTA products in inventory at all times. If you cannot purchase locally, it is not because we do not ship quickly. Orders are generally processed and shipped to qualified dealers the day following their order. You can PM me with your dealer info and I will check it out privately for you.

I am bewildered by your accusations.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #54
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayh50 View Post
That is not in line with my experience at all. I have two LHS within an hour that I frequently deal with and either one will have the Novak stuff I ask for within a few days. And these are both primarily off road tracks that will not have VTA gear on hand.

I am glad you are supporting you LHS but I think there may be a problem in their supply line. It may even be a problem there at the shop.

If you are not fond of the Novak gear the go with the speed passion. There are plenty to be found. I did not check to see if Hobby Wing was on the list but there are some that are identical the the citrix.