R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Chameleon 2 tuning tips (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/48915-chameleon-2-tuning-tips.html)

Crashmaster 08-29-2004 12:08 PM

Chameleon 2 tuning tips
 
Hey Guys,

I've just started 19 turn spec racing, and I could do with some pointers on how to make my C2 really pick up and fly. What are you guys doing to make it go (brush cutting etc). I am running it with trinity 4499's.

Cheers
Crashmaster

offroadgod 08-29-2004 07:49 PM

putnam green on posative and blue on negative for bruches and purple springs

JoshR 85 08-29-2004 09:34 PM

HeY!!!


I'm running red springs, and 767's on them and i'm gonna try +,- cut this tues. and play around w/ springs mayb after i get 3pk all setup...

Crashmaster 08-30-2004 12:35 AM

Some guy at our club was running Brushes with a slot down the middle. Any idea what this would do power wise to the motor??

Cheers
Crashmaster

kh15 08-30-2004 07:52 PM

i run team orion 19t spec mod, and i went to get the comm cut on it for the first time last weekend and they guy who cut it for me told me i need to use stiffer springs, so the guy at my lhs recomended team matrix 200g springs and reedy actron cavity brushes #770 so thats what i have been running for the last week and i plan to get the comm cut again soon so should i stay with this setup or try something elese?
the element has great touque but low top end, any thing i can do to fix that

Chill Will 08-30-2004 11:42 PM

Yeah. Put a bigger gear on it. Thats how you have to run them.

Claydoh 08-31-2004 07:50 AM

I run 767's and purple springs and gear it to the moon. If it doesn't come off at 160 deg. F, gear up.

TeamButter 08-31-2004 09:16 AM

Try 767's with a horizontal cut and purple + and Red -

Motor setup is very track and gearing dependent so you just have to experiment.

Most cuts on brushes are to keep the motor cooler and they increase RPM's.

Hope this helps.

For more info check out...

www.eamotorsports.360k.com

howard hudson 08-31-2004 10:12 AM


Originally posted by Chill Will
Yeah. Put a bigger gear on it. Thats how you have to run them.
or put that motor on your lathe and buy a C2 :lol: :lol:
On the C2 make sure the brush hood alignment is dead on > you will be surprised on how much that is over looked

TeamButter 08-31-2004 11:31 AM

He already owns a C2.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

howard hudson 08-31-2004 12:13 PM


Originally posted by kh15
i run team orion 19t spec mod, and i went to get the comm cut on it for the first time last weekend and they guy who cut it for me told me i need to use stiffer springs, so the guy at my lhs recomended team matrix 200g springs and reedy actron cavity brushes #770 so thats what i have been running for the last week and i plan to get the comm cut again soon so should i stay with this setup or try something elese?
the element has great touque but low top end, any thing i can do to fix that


team butter quote :He already owns a C2.....

but the guy talking about the element must not?



:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: back at ya

Crashmaster 08-31-2004 12:27 PM

Getting some good info here guys :D Any other stuff worth while knowing?? (trimming trailing edges etc any gud)

Cheers

Crashmaster

TeamButter 08-31-2004 12:37 PM

My bad Hudson..missed that post.
One more time for the crowd....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mb racer 08-31-2004 02:13 PM


Originally posted by Crashmaster
Getting some good info here guys :D Any other stuff worth while knowing?? (trimming trailing edges etc any gud)

Cheers

Crashmaster

I trim the trailing edge .. run the stock springs . align the hoods and then ,, secret stuff .. and my C2 is fast ... (secret stuff cant tell ) :eek: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :weird: :sneaky:

Crashmaster 08-31-2004 02:21 PM


Originally posted by mb racer
I trim the trailing edge .. run the stock springs . align the hoods and then ,, secret stuff .. and my C2 is fast ... (secret stuff cant tell ) :eek: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :weird: :sneaky:

Sure you can't be bribed :sneaky: :sneaky: :D

Crashmaster


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:15 AM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.