R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-31-2004, 09:38 AM   #121
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Finally!!!!! Thank you AE! I can now use my webspace for something other than TC3 modification HOW TOs.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:44 AM   #122
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default TC4, IMHO

Finally!!! Its a TC3 with the major upgrades/refinements from diffrent aftermarket companies, at least AE realized that the aftermarket companies were doing the right thing! AE just made them better! It takes time to perfect somethng already perfect?Bravo!!!

Hinge pin holders, are more bind free (from Square)
Big Dog Bones(IRS)
Knuckle Arms(losi/square/socal racers) now you have a choice, trailing or non-trailing
Batteries Centered (warpspeed/bmi/socal racers,mistercrash etc)
NTC3 Steering from numerous TC3 addicts(mistercrash/bmi/warpspeed)
Antisquat(losi/yokomo???)
Shock towers ( from numerous people mounting their shocksupright, who needs a lot of holes anyways)

Just wish the warping of the Motor mount is already corrected!!
Nothing wrong with the Diffs of the TC3 so why change it!!!

Beefier or stronger arms?

Peace and Happy Racing!!

Lem
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:50 AM   #123
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to S.Heath

How long before RC10TC4.COM pops up?
S.Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:59 AM   #124
Tech Fanatic

A motor mount like the CGM's would be great. No heat tweak because it goes all the way through and no lost little nuts because it clamps into the mount.
coolrcdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:43 AM   #125
Tech Rookie

Here is a site that I read all of the time and it has better pic's. Page one a little past mid way.

http://www.rc10b4.com/forum/showthre...&threadid=4315
Lougabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:53 PM   #126
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I see some people saying they want or will wait for a FT version. Man, you got quite a wait coming then. AE and Losi aren't like Yokomo, X-Ray, Tamiya, or Schumacher, they don't believe in putting all the hop ups "in the box". Not right away anyway...

If you want a TC4 anytime in the next, oh say....year, then you better settle on buying a standard Team kit. Cause you aren't going to see a FT kit until AE is certain that you have bought plenty of hop ups from them.

Then....you'll get your FT kit.

BTW: what is the official name of the car? Is it RC10TC4 or just TC4? Cause I could have sworn that GM had a car named the TC4 already...just wondering.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:11 PM   #127
Tech Regular

At least the insisted on making the front and rear arms different. Why not? Maybe next time they'll make the left and right geometry different also.

It's nice too that they kept the small front shock tower so people can run out and buy another rear shock tower to mount up front.

Hopefully they only include one anti-squat shim in the kit so you can go out and buy their Factory Team Shim Kit for $9.

I'm so tired of price gouge engineering. I can see only one reason to buy this car over a CGM and that is if you simply don't want to spend the $30 for some nice, new, metric tools.
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 01:19 PM   #128

Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

I already own 2 ft tc3's and its not a big deal for some shims. You can make ur own out of wachers of different thicknesses lol.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:35 PM   #129
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Griffin
At least the insisted on making the front and rear arms different. Why not? Maybe next time they'll make the left and right geometry different also.

It's nice too that they kept the small front shock tower so people can run out and buy another rear shock tower to mount up front.

Hopefully they only include one anti-squat shim in the kit so you can go out and buy their Factory Team Shim Kit for $9.

I'm so tired of price gouge engineering. I can see only one reason to buy this car over a CGM and that is if you simply don't want to spend the $30 for some nice, new, metric tools.
Maybe they dont need the rear shock tower up front anymore due to the amount of R&D and testing thats gone into the car and factory drivers input concluding that its correct how it is. A good few cars run different wishbones front to back. Your just looking for things to pick up on and troll about.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 01:57 PM   #130
Tech Regular

Quote:
BTW: what is the official name of the car? Is it RC10TC4 or just TC4? Cause I could have sworn that GM had a car named the TC4 already...just wondering.
yepp, GM`s car was named TC4 International (horrible car to drive, sold it after 10packs..)

The new associated looks really good, the right changes in the right places, definitely a winner!

Last edited by Hatebreed; 08-31-2004 at 02:04 PM.
Hatebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:17 PM   #131
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by berger
Maybe they dont need the rear shock tower up front anymore due to the amount of R&D and testing thats gone into the car and factory drivers input concluding that its correct how it is. A good few cars run different wishbones front to back. Your just looking for things to pick up on and troll about.
I'm not trying to find things to 'troll' about, I just have a problem with companies that have no respect for the average, unsponsored racer and put short term balance sheet growth over widespread industry growth.

You're absolutely correct about the fact that there are VERY few cars out there that use the same arms in the front and rear, but in the case of the TC4, logically that implies one of two things; lazy engineering or complete disregard for a racers wallet. For a car that is so similar to it's predecessor, and concentrated solely on minor refinements, I think most people would disregard the first option. This leaves us with the latter, which is very disturbing and is the very reason this hobby is unable to grow as a whole.

I commend AE for not releasing a new car every week, and am sure the TC4 will be a solid TC, however, as a mechanical engineer who's job is product design, I feel I have some insight as to company's motivations as well as the ability to recognize those motivations through their design philosophy. If you're going to refine rather than redesign, you need to bring a new level of intelligence and elegance rather than simply going with a new approach.
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:19 PM   #132
Tech Addict

Default Hop up wish list...

I wonder if the IRS aluminum input shafts will work with the TC4?
That is one of the best hopups I have used in the past.

I imagine the ram force air thing is going to be a peice of molded lexan flat tube thingy that runs down the lenghth of the chassis and then you cut out a hole in the frontend of your body. It should not effect the body down force.
Nightbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:29 PM   #133

Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

The shafts will work with the tc4. The actual drivetrain has not been changed in any way.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:59 PM   #134
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

So Griffin, you would rather buy a car from a company that completely redisigns it from the ground up every six months? Oh boo hoo you have to have replacement front and rear arms instead of one arm fits all. How about every company design their cars so they can all use each others arms, and shock towers, and chassis. We are in luck that the manufactures decided on one wheel mounting system. How would you like your manufacture of choice redesigning their car and decide they need to change the wheel offset and now all your tire sets are obsolete?

You might be a mechanical engineer in the field of product design, but what area is this in? Is it an area where performance is the most critical aspect of design, or is it an area where the goal is to use as many off the shelf parts to minimize tooling costs? Sounds to me like you have no idea on how to engineer a racecar.

Last edited by Jack Smash; 08-31-2004 at 03:04 PM.
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 03:55 PM   #135
Tech Rookie

I agree with Jack Smash. I don't know what kind of engineer you are Griffin but it sure sounds like it's not automotive. The TC4 may look like an updated TC3 but I think the design will reflect as a new car on the track.
Iniral is offline   Reply With Quote