R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-02-2004, 12:36 PM   #211
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kewdawg
I know the "crusaders" may come after me, but .... so what. AE should have given us the flagship tourer, first. I'm not interested in waiting a year, for the best they have to offer. I want it NOW! I know there are many racers/ AE fans who feel the same way. This is the current trend, anyway. Do the entry level/RTR thing, later! They should've also given us a woven graphite chassis and side braces. IRS had the right idea. If, AE was simply going to address the issues/complaints of the racers and put out an updated TC3, then they should've REALLY overhauled the chassis. The new kit is nice, but it's nothing more than a TC3.5 or TC3 Evo, whichever you guys prefer
good point dawg but I have to disagree on the woven graphite thing.. imho, tub chassis rocks!
YOU CAN CALL 09174632746 OR 09175331943
please like us on FB - PITSHOP RC
pitshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:46 PM   #212
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by pitshop
good point dawg but I have to disagree on the woven graphite thing.. imho, tub chassis rocks!
Or at least a milled / lightweight tub. Whatever happened to "fit and finish"?

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:50 PM   #213
Tech Fanatic

AE wants to show that you don't need a FT car to win, Easton won the off-road worlds with an almost stock RC10B4 ...
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 01:18 PM   #214
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

CF chassis aren't really an advantage in many cases and they cost more to mass produce. If they had come out with a CF chassis and the cost was $100 more than a TC3, people would be complaining about the cost being too high.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 01:37 PM   #215
Tech Initiate

pay more for a good stuff....i m very happy with that.

Step. ----Team kit
When i can have Factory Team kit?(really Dec. ?)

thx
Shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:02 PM   #216
Tech Addict

Default There are at least four other companies that...

make CF chassis for the TC3. I'm sure one of those companies will make a chassis for the TC4, so what are some of you comlaining about? CF tweeks anyway and over time the fibers break down and loose its stiffness. Tub is way better, cheap to replace and it's very stiff. I would like some silver plate graphite shock towers for it though.
Nightbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:10 PM   #217
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
CF chassis aren't really an advantage in many cases and they cost more to mass produce. If they had come out with a CF chassis and the cost was $100 more than a TC3, people would be complaining about the cost being too high.
I don't think you'd get many complaints about a Top of the line tourer that costs $320. Think about the cost of the most recent "flagship" releases from the other top manufacturers... They all started from AT LEAST, $300.00 to 330.00 and up: - Xray, Yokomo, Hpi, Alex Racing. Nothing cheap about these cars at all. And yes, you got "fit and Finish". If, they can do it, why not Associated?

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 09-02-2004, 02:14 PM   #218
Tech Elite

Default Re: There are at least four other companies that...

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightbreed
I would like some silver plate graphite shock towers for it though.
Hmmm....I wonder why?

Old 09-02-2004, 02:27 PM   #219
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by utieh
AE wants to show that you don't need a FT car to win, Easton won the off-road worlds with an almost stock RC10B4 ...
I think you're right. I have a feeling they're going to put their best foot forward at the World's and prove that the ole dog and still win!
SammyXp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 04:00 PM   #220
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to SirSpeedy Send a message via AIM to SirSpeedy Send a message via Yahoo to SirSpeedy

Quote:
If, they can do it, why not Associated?

Because that is not AE's business. They are not a "luxury" car company. They offer a great car, for as little money as possible. It is not AE's company mission, vision, or identity, and has no place in their business model. The "luxury TC" buyer is not their customer, AE is not a player in that market segment, nor do they wish to be.

The buyer of the 'exotic' sedans are typically not going to be pleased with the mainstream offerings from the big 2(Losi / AE), and want something different This is a very small segment of the rc market. The racing segment is tiny in itself, and the luxury segment is less than 15% of that by my estimation.

AE has been around for many years, and they do not seem to make very many mistakes, or misread the marketplace very often. This is no exception. They will sell a ton of them, and most will be RTR.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:19 PM   #221
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

AE loyalists who are used to only paying $230 or so for a kit whould flip if all of a sudden, the cost of a TC4 went to $330 or higher. Besides, like I said, CF isn't always better anyways. For those who want to drop the cash on a CF TC4, I'm sure BMI, IRS, Warpspeed, or some other after market company will be making a conversion and will be happy to take their money.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 06:30 PM   #222
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll have some more pix up either tomorrow night or early this weekend....they will show some more of the cool features the car has that the 'other cars we copied' don't!

Off to the Static-X concert in Anaheim...catch-ya later!!!!
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 06:34 PM   #223
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by TPhalen
I'll have some more pix up either tomorrow night or early this weekend....they will show some more of the cool features the car has that the 'other cars we copied' don't!

Off to the Static-X concert in Anaheim...catch-ya later!!!!
You are such a ROCKER now. Btw, that was me on the freeway that honked at you the other day when you were mosh-pitting on the 405 on your way home!
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 06:57 PM   #224
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: There are at least four other companies that...

Quote:
Hmmm....I wonder why?
For the looks of course.. They are not good for anything else.
Nightbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:31 PM   #225
Tech Master

Tower has this car listed at $305.99 that means that the hobbyshops will be close to that or a little lower I am think more like $299.00
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote