R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-01-2004, 09:57 PM   #196
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by etzkev

Dang! Did you guys see this thing? Where does it go on the car?

-Kevin

It looks like a "Continueum Transfunctioner" It's Mistery is only Surpassed by it's Power
-Zoltan
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:01 PM   #197
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Johnnytc3

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
It looks like a "Continueum Transfunctioner" It's Mistery is only Surpassed by it's Power
-Zoltan
HAHAH!!
Johnnytc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:03 PM   #198
Tech Adept

I think I figured it out. It goes where the ESC is. It mounts in an upright position(no slope) with screws coming up thru the bottom of the chassis. The ESC sits on top of it. The top half of the fans cool the ESC. I just noticed that the bottom of it is narrowing as goes towards the back. Sort of like a NACA duct. This would cause the air, from the bottom half of the fans, to become colder as it exits the duct and blows on the motor. It's really neat once I figured it out.
Hondaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:39 PM   #199
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to donoman

I thought that if the orifice reduced in size the temperature would rise? I know refrigerators expand the cooling vapor to produce a cooling effect. ??
donoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 11:54 PM   #200
Tech Regular

Default Forced Air Conditioning Unit

Okay you guys, you're making this way to complicated. The duct is in it's natural position in the picture and the fans bolt directly to the face of the "wedge". The wedge then holds the esc and receiver at an angle while the fans pull air through the chassis ducts and blow on the motor endbell. You can see the grate at the bottom of the wedge to keep debris from hitting the fan blades.
51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:00 AM   #201
Tech Regular

Too bad Tony didn't post a pic of the sway bar mounts...those things are DOPE!
Old 09-02-2004, 12:48 AM   #202
Tech Master

Hi friends. greetings from Malta.

This car looks great. It is a completely new car - and it isn't !

Associated have done what they do best. They have taken the best touring car in the world and made it better - lots better. All the things we have been complaining about, whilst still winning, AE have been listening to, and have put them all in this new TC4 package.

No it's not revolutionary but then it doesn't need to be. Remember the TC3 is 5 years old and still wins with monotonous regularity. If you read through all the AE spec for the new car you will see that AE have gone through alot of detail, and I'm sure every single item has been well tested beforehand.

Someone suggested that the car should have a flat bed chassis. Why? What'swrong with the TC3, the Yokes and the Losi. They are 3 of the most successful TCs in the World. They all have tub chassis. Has anyone ever seen a real racing car with a flat bed chassis?

Someone else suggested open diffs ala Barracuda. Please please, those things sound like a bag of nails. The noise they make is embarrasing.

No. AE have done it right. They have improved the areas that needed some improvement - nothing needed much improvement, and left the good things alone.

As for the FT version, AE say about a year from now. But my question is, does this mean the team drivers are going to win the Worlds in October with a plastic tub. Surely not !

Great job AE. Just as we all expected.

The best touring car in the world just got better.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:49 AM   #203
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I second JohnBull here... I let my FTTc3 go last year because I was PO'ed at the tweak and steering rack issues, and went to the Yoke SD instead (tweak issues solved now, thank you). The FTTC4 will be my next car.

I trust AE. For the past 10yrs, every product they've released has set the pace after a year, once the bugs have been worked out. Thin RC10, RC10T, RC10GT, B2, B3, B4, and Tc3... all milestones in RC racing history.

Way to go AE!
Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:34 AM   #204
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wow, Captain AE is on here too! So Brent, is the suspension geometry different other than the inner camber mounts or has the angle of the front arms changed and the length of the arms. What about the castor blocks, do we still need the losi crap blocks?

When am I going to get to give you TC4 a test spin?
Old 09-02-2004, 08:44 AM   #205
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to onebeatuptc3

the thing that sux about this is that there not going to be a conversion kit, we are going to have to buy the tc4 and not upgrade out tc3's O well, looks like i have to sell my soul for the new chassis, anyone willing to buy it
onebeatuptc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:49 AM   #206
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
The FTTC4 will be my next car.

Paul
Im affraid that you gonna wait till nxt year co'z as per the AE company they will release the FT TC4 version year 2005..

Quote:
looks like i have to sell my soul for the new chassis, anyone willing to buy it

Quote:
I thought that if the orifice reduced in size the temperature would rise? I know refrigerators expand the cooling vapor to produce a cooling effect.
refrigeration principle will be applied but it will only happen if there will be a RFC (refrigerant flow control) with the help of the compressor w/c draws the high pressure low temp ref. gas on the line(evaporator). With this so called thrusters it might help in the cooling of both the motor and teh ESC...
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:34 AM   #207
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull
Someone else suggested open diffs ala Barracuda. Please please, those things sound like a bag of nails. The noise they make is embarrasing.

I tease friends that run the cuda about it being a coffee grinder!
I've gotta admit. As much of a hard core Losi guys as I am, This one is tempting. I ran a TC3 for over a year and switched to the Losi a little over a year ago. I just couldn't MAKE a TC3 fit my driving style. But AE seems to be coming out with some good stuff. I'm building a T4 right now to see how it stacks up against my MF2. I'll have to get a hold of someones TC4 at the track for a few hot laps and see what I think. The dark side is hard to resist.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:44 AM   #208
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzy1
Wow, Captain AE is on here too! So Brent, is the suspension geometry different other than the inner camber mounts or has the angle of the front arms changed and the length of the arms. What about the castor blocks, do we still need the losi crap blocks?
Dizzy,

The suspension geometry is enhanced for more tuning options, but not necessarily different. You will be able to achieve the same "setup" that the TC3 has, but now you'll have more adjustment options. The caster blocks are new and symmetrical (no more steering stop to the left) and their are two holes in the spindle that mimic the TC3 spindles and the less ackerman setting of the Losi spindle. Hope this helps.

BT
Old 09-02-2004, 12:05 PM   #209
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know the "crusaders" may come after me, but .... so what. AE should have given us the flagship tourer, first. I'm not interested in waiting a year, for the best they have to offer. I want it NOW! I know there are many racers/ AE fans who feel the same way. This is the current trend, anyway. Do the entry level/RTR thing, later! They should've also given us a woven graphite chassis and side braces. IRS had the right idea. If, AE was simply going to address the issues/complaints of the racers and put out an updated TC3, then they should've REALLY overhauled the chassis. The new kit is nice, but it's nothing more than a TC3.5 or TC3 Evo, whichever you guys prefer

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:34 PM   #210
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kewdawg
The new kit is nice, but it's nothing more than a TC3.5 or TC3 Evo, whichever you guys prefer
I totally agree! Like what I posted on the other TC4 thread, since we all waited for it for such a long time, we are all going to be suckers if we get the Team version. But to some that's the fun part.
And speaking of the TC3evo, here it is! (the sticker)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg warp.jpg (80.3 KB, 296 views)

Last edited by lem2; 09-02-2004 at 12:41 PM.
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote