R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redron123 View Post
and it looks right but when you tighten it so when the ends are held and the middle wont spin then you cant turn one side and the other spins the other direction. If you loosen it up until it does when you spin it one way it tightens and the other it loosens.Nothing really holding it.
Hated the diff's by the way, one reason I parked the car and bought a used XRAY! Have you tried installing the diff in the car and setting it from there?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Rich View Post
Hated the diff's by the way, one reason I parked the car and bought a used XRAY! Have you tried installing the diff in the car and setting it from there?
I understand xray is better but i cant justify spending 5-800 on a car that im just going to run vta with.This is a good platform to run vta on when it gets setup right.On road is not that big in Texas or i would have all ready bought an xray. Their main distribution center for the south is in Dallas. I didnt want to waste the time installing it unless i had it put together right. I am going to call hpi and get a mgr on the phone and demand i get some instructions or and updated exploded view.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Well hpi is sending me a brand new complete diff for free and it comes with the assembly instructions that should be with the rebuild kit. I finaly got someone to find the instructions and confirm that i had put this together right by myself without the instructions but it was not performing the way it should.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redron123 View Post
Well hpi is sending me a brand new complete diff for free and it comes with the assembly instructions that should be with the rebuild kit. I finaly got someone to find the instructions and confirm that i had put this together right by myself without the instructions but it was not performing the way it should.