R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2007, 12:10 PM   #1381
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 825
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Dredd~no peoblem

Andrew,

I actually run my GTB on the other side of the car and the "flip" the servo so it is on the other side as well. my car balances with no weight.
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #1382
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

So you run your servo and your GTB on the left?

Could I e-mail you for a pic perhaps? I'd love to get this all figured out. How are you determining that the car is balanced left right? Or are you just eyeballing it and saying "good 'nuff."
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:41 AM   #1383
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 825
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

andrew. yes, I run my KO 949 and reciever on the on the left side of the chassis, and the GTB on the right.

I use X-Ray balance pins to balance the car.
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:42 AM   #1384
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 825
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Bruce,

YGM
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:06 AM   #1385
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anthony View Post
andrew. yes, I run my KO 949 and reciever on the on the left side of the chassis, and the GTB on the right.

I use X-Ray balance pins to balance the car.
Rev 4.5 or 5? I don't know much about all the different cars yet, but I know my 4.5 doesn't have holes in the center for balancing. Is that something I could have done by speedmerchant if I were to buy one? The one I currently have also does not have the servo saver cut out. I had to dremel it out, but the reliefs at the front of the chasis limited how far forward I could dremel the hole which in turn limited how far forward I could mount the servo, which in turn limited my choices in mounting the esc. I had to use 3 layers of servo tape to get it to hover over the battery placement bar screws. Anyway thanks for the info Greg. Much appreciated.
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:35 AM   #1386
Tech Regular
 
beavis353's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
Rev 4.5 or 5? I don't know much about all the different cars yet, but I know my 4.5 doesn't have holes in the center for balancing. Is that something I could have done by speedmerchant if I were to buy one? The one I currently have also does not have the servo saver cut out. I had to dremel it out, but the reliefs at the front of the chasis limited how far forward I could dremel the hole which in turn limited how far forward I could mount the servo, which in turn limited my choices in mounting the esc. I had to use 3 layers of servo tape to get it to hover over the battery placement bar screws. Anyway thanks for the info Greg. Much appreciated.
Drew,

The Rev 5 comes standard with the holes in the center of the chassis and the lower rear pod plate so you can use the balancing pins. In my case, the chassis Im currently running was pre-production, so i used calipers and drilled my own holes. I marked the centerline of the car front and rear and the rest was history.

In regards to your servo location... Using the old skool front end, it is critical from an ackerman standpoint to have your servo all the way forward, touching the rear of the suspension arm. The medium black Kimbrow servo saver you are suposed to use fits nicely in the Rev 4 chassis you were referring too as long as you grind about 1/3 to 1/2 of the graphite away thats immediately below the horn. There is no reason to go all the way through the chassis. The Rev 4.5 had shorter front chassis cutouts, and a small hole for the servo horn so you didnt have to do this.

Im sure I have my old rev 4 chassis sitting around here somewhere if you need a pic.

BEAVIS
beavis353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:11 PM   #1387
Tech Regular
 
xtreameracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 299
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to xtreameracer
Default

when are the parts for the rev 5 going to show up on the web site , its said by next week but its been atleast 2 weeks since that?
xtreameracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:58 PM   #1388
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavis353 View Post
Drew,

The Rev 5 comes standard with the holes in the center of the chassis and the lower rear pod plate so you can use the balancing pins. In my case, the chassis Im currently running was pre-production, so i used calipers and drilled my own holes. I marked the centerline of the car front and rear and the rest was history.

In regards to your servo location... Using the old skool front end, it is critical from an ackerman standpoint to have your servo all the way forward, touching the rear of the suspension arm. The medium black Kimbrow servo saver you are suposed to use fits nicely in the Rev 4 chassis you were referring too as long as you grind about 1/3 to 1/2 of the graphite away thats immediately below the horn. There is no reason to go all the way through the chassis. The Rev 4.5 had shorter front chassis cutouts, and a small hole for the servo horn so you didnt have to do this.

Im sure I have my old rev 4 chassis sitting around here somewhere if you need a pic.

BEAVIS

wow, thanks for all the info. Looks like I might have a rev 4 chassis with the 4 bolt rev 4.5 rear end. I will have to see about getting a ev 4.5 chassis or maybe upgrading to the 5 as I am planning on running BL only. I guess I will jsut run it for now though since its all shoe gooed in the BL is wired up nice.
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:34 PM   #1389
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 825
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Bevis,

shoot me an e-mail bro..... [email protected]
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:57 AM   #1390
Tech Elite
 
Carl Giordano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Upper Saddle RIver, NJ
Posts: 2,301
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

A few photos of my Rev4.5 LRP Brushless. Built by Mike O'donnell...
Attached Thumbnails
Speedmerchant Rev.4-rev-4.5-brushless-img_0010.jpg   Speedmerchant Rev.4-rev-4.5-brushless-img_0009.jpg  
__________________
Mugen Racing / OS Engines / KO Propo / Byron Fuels / Schuur Speed Motors / AKA / Bruckner Hobbies / Tamiya M-Chassis / Kyosho / Yokomo / 360v2 Raceway / Cruzin with RC
Carl Giordano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:57 AM   #1391
Tech Regular
 
beavis353's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
wow, thanks for all the info. Looks like I might have a rev 4 chassis with the 4 bolt rev 4.5 rear end. I will have to see about getting a ev 4.5 chassis or maybe upgrading to the 5 as I am planning on running BL only. I guess I will jsut run it for now though since its all shoe gooed in the BL is wired up nice.
No problem man. Let me know if you have other questions. If your looking to do brushless only, you really should look at the Rev 5. They are backordered at the moment, but as soon as the initial demand dies down they should be available without any waiting.

Beav
beavis353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:03 AM   #1392
Tech Regular
 
beavis353's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
wow, thanks for all the info. Looks like I might have a rev 4 chassis with the 4 bolt rev 4.5 rear end. I will have to see about getting a ev 4.5 chassis or maybe upgrading to the 5 as I am planning on running BL only. I guess I will jsut run it for now though since its all shoe gooed in the BL is wired up nice.
Almost forgot. If your a Team McGoo Factory Driver, check out Marc's new Rev 5. Its a true "Beavis Edition".
beavis353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:57 AM   #1393
Tech Master
 
Mr. McGoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,695
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavis353 View Post
Almost forgot. If your a Team McGoo Factory Driver, check out Marc's new Rev 5. Its a true "Beavis Edition".
I will get some pics up soon.....
__________________
XRAY | RCAMERICA | HUDY | Team Tamale
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:26 AM   #1394
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 825
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Beavis,

Thank you.
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:59 AM   #1395
Tech Champion
 
Kwikvdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 5,972
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano View Post
A few photos of my Rev4.5 LRP Brushless. Built by Mike O'donnell...
When are you going to run that "SHELF QUEEN??".......
__________________
Alex Valdes

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speedmerchant REV 4.0 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 10-12-2007 07:29 PM
*** 1/12 Speedmerchant 4.0 *** rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 28 09-29-2007 06:46 AM
WTB CRC Gen X or Speedmerchant 4.5 rraden R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 7 06-05-2007 06:56 PM
Speedmerchant v4, Speedmerchant replica....and more BlackKat R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 07-25-2006 06:47 AM
Speedmerchant rev 4 BritRacer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 02-28-2006 08:41 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:22 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net