R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #1006
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

If your front is built right, the penny trick works fine. If it's not, no matter how you tweak the car it wont handle right.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:21 PM   #1007
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
If your front is built right, the penny trick works fine. If it's not, no matter how you tweak the car it wont handle right.

Exactly........
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:39 PM   #1008
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Penny trick? What's the penny trick? Years ago Ian showed me the Nickle trick. Are pennies better? LMAO.

When you coming to Platinum Ian?

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:59 AM   #1009
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Works fine, but far less accurate. You are assuming that springs are all made perfectly equal. In no other form of racing do we see anyone lift the car off the suspension to set the chassis. You'll want to set tweak with the car sitting on the suspension at it's ride height.

I'm suggesting that you do a very similar thing, wrench lifting the chassis, just turn the car around and do it from the back. Costs the same. Actually costs less because you don't need any coins.
Motor City Hami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #1010
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to losi guy

I was reading through this forum and i see some people are because they don't get orders very quick. I ordered some stuff from speedmerchant on December 6, and do you guys think i'll have my stuff by the first week of January, otherwise i'm kinda screwed. But i do have faith i will have order in a timely manner.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #1011
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

The times that they complained is when Bruce was sick or very busy with races.

It should be there before the 20th of December.
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:28 PM   #1012
Tech Fanatic

No worries dood, you'll have your order in a timely fashion. Bruce is drinking lotsa Red Bull to get those orders out!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #1013
Tech Apprentice

THIS CAR IS AWESOME!!! I bought a Rev.4 in October and put on Chris Mockerman's setup (very close to the Mike Dumas set up on the SpeedMerchant site, just a softer shock spring - gold).

Today in the Carpet Racing League, I ran down Walt Henderson and Chuck Lonergan from my 3rd place starting spot. Chuck finished 1st and I finished 2nd, less than 0.5 seconds behind. It had the car to win it, but couldn't get by Chuck clean. I bumped him once, but gave him the spot back. What a fun race.

This car is awesome!
Motor City Hami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #1014
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor City Hami
THIS CAR IS AWESOME!!! I bought a Rev.4 in October and put on Chris Mockerman's setup (very close to the Mike Dumas set up on the SpeedMerchant site, just a softer shock spring - gold).

Today in the Carpet Racing League, I ran down Walt Henderson and Chuck Lonergan from my 3rd place starting spot. Chuck finished 1st and I finished 2nd, less than 0.5 seconds behind. It had the car to win it, but couldn't get by Chuck clean. I bumped him once, but gave him the spot back. What a fun race.

This car is awesome!
Oh yeah!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:02 AM   #1015
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Anyone have a Rev4 for sale? Send me a PM
Old 12-13-2006, 02:59 PM   #1016
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What compound tires are you guys running for club racing?

I don't want to spend the extra cash for 2 stage double pinks and would rather run a standard tire. Currently I have grey rears, purple fronts or pink fronts. I need something with a little bit more steering. Would the standard dbl pink fronts be the best bet? Are the dbl pink and single pinks close or not? This would be for low/med bite.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #1017
Tech Adept

Quote:
What compound tires are you guys running for club racing?

I don't want to spend the extra cash for 2 stage double pinks and would rather run a standard tire. Currently I have grey rears, purple fronts or pink fronts. I need something with a little bit more steering. Would the standard dbl pink fronts be the best bet? Are the dbl pink and single pinks close or not? This would be for low/med bite.
Carpet or asphalt, and what is your current setup? You can make any of these combos work, but for low-med bite the pink rear/2xpink front is a good place to start.
Larry Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:09 AM   #1018
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

On a low/med bite carpet track I ran:
.020 front springs
2 - .033 Caster Shims
.01 Camber Shims
Parma Violet

40 weight in the center shock
Red Spring
CRC Blue Lube in the Tubes
Blue Side Springs
No Preload
1 Degree of pod Droop
Parma Grey

Parma Speed 8
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:12 PM   #1019
Tech Initiate

My 4.5 should be here sometime tomorrow.Man I cant wait to start building it.
We have a trophy race on Sunday at southshorehobbie's and I will be running the new car.I know It's going to kick a$$.

Laterz.
mikez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:11 AM   #1020
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor City Hami
Works fine, but far less accurate. You are assuming that springs are all made perfectly equal. In no other form of racing do we see anyone lift the car off the suspension to set the chassis. You'll want to set tweak with the car sitting on the suspension at it's ride height.
Actually the World of Outlaws sprint car that I mechaniced in the 70's and 80's was setup like that. We would put a jack under the center rib of the rear end housing and observed the tilt of the axle. We would also lift the front tires by hand to "feel" the difference in weight. At the shop we used grain scales to measure the car, but in hotel parking lots and dirt track pits lifting the car worked just as good.
BimmerDriver is offline   Reply With Quote