R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #706
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

And whats really funny is that when ed raced real cars all he did to make the car better was increase the tire pressure
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:57 AM   #707
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycraig
You dont want to "scrub like a mofo"......You will have less flava

Would that be because you've effectively removed all your "Flava'd" coating by scrubbing like a mofo?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:05 AM   #708
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by odpurple
Try it, Doug-maybe you'll make the season opener after all.

I will try it tonight with a wood clamp. Nothin' to lose considering at this point. I'm not holding my breath.

If this was just a light delamination, I would say no problem, but this pulled BOTH 8-32 screws and the front body mount through, and is split back to about 1.5" behind the left suspension block, and about 1" deep. This isn't just a little split—it's a good percentage of the entire front of the chassis.

Do you guys have problems with the OS front end moving around with impacts? I'm wondering if that may have had something to do with the screws being pulled through. Hmmmm...

I'm staying with the OS front end. It works great and the car handles perfectly. There's no reason to change something that works well.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:46 PM   #709
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hardly ever. However, I have also never had a chassis split on me, makes me kind of feel left out. If you use the wood clamp method, use something to separate it from the clamp, like a ziplock plastic bag. You don't want to race around with a wood clamp glued to your car, might have a slightly tweaked feel. I changed the front body mounts to the old versions that use the 8-32 screws, this may have helped save the front end of my car, as I was less than graceful when starting out racing again. I have since gotten a P-Dub front bumper just for insurance, and it has worked well.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #710
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Chassis delamination although uncommon do occur, usualy resulting from a hard impact squarly into the edge of the chassis. This happened to me twice on last X-ray. The first split was the first and last time I let a novice try my car, and the 2nd was a fluke deal where the edge of the chassis got caught on a metal cleat that got shifted into the lane. Barring fluke incidents or lack of bumper (anything covering the leading edge of the chassis) you should not see this happen again.

I bought a rev.4 a while back and preferred it over the CRC3.2 I previously had. Both cars performed equally for me but I prefered the Speedmerchant for its superior durability and minimalistic design. I only wish the car came pre-drilled for the servo mounts so I wouldn't have to hunt around for a countersink bit for the screws.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:29 PM   #711
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Agreed, I think my occurance was a fluke more than anything else. At least I'm writing it off to that. With the amount of damage to the screw holes, I don't think it is going to repair very well.

I have tried to contact Bruce via e-mail about an order and he hasn't responded in the last few days. Anyone know if he out of the office for any reason?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:58 PM   #712
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Team Kwik Send a message via MSN to Team Kwik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Agreed, I think my occurance was a fluke more than anything else. At least I'm writing it off to that. With the amount of damage to the screw holes, I don't think it is going to repair very well.

I have tried to contact Bruce via e-mail about an order and he hasn't responded in the last few days. Anyone know if he out of the office for any reason?
I talked with Bruce via e-mail just after he got back from the worlds and he mentioned a massive amount of orders to catch up on and a family get away that's long overdue. I think at this point he is somewhat in and out but I am sure he will get back to you asap.

Nick
Old 07-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #713
Tech Elite

Does anyone else carry SpeedMerchant parts? I can't get a hold of Bruce, and I need to get a few parts before next weekend.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #714
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Team Kwik Send a message via MSN to Team Kwik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Does anyone else carry SpeedMerchant parts? I can't get a hold of Bruce, and I need to get a few parts before next weekend.
You could give RC Excitement a shot, they have a well stocked wall of Speedmerchant goodies. I have no idea if they mail order but it's worth a phone call =)

http://www.rcexcitement.com

Nick
Old 07-24-2006, 04:47 PM   #715
Tech Elite

Hobby Etc also has some stuff

www.hobbyetc.com
Old 07-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #716
Tech Elite

No dice on both of those suggestions.

Anyone know where Bruce is? Two weeks later, plus handful of phone calls and e-mails, and I still can't get any response. The chassis is beyond home repair, and I'm dead in the water until I can get a new chassis from the apparent only source for parts. I know it's the 1/12th off season, but this is getting frustrating.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #717
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Where's Bruce?

I would also like to know where Bruce is. I have two different orders in from before the worlds and have heard nothing. I sent a couple emails and left messages by phone and still no luck.

Anyone know?
EVILGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:27 PM   #718
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Order the part from speedmerchant's site online???
If you do that then you will get your part. May ship late due to high volume of orders but you will allways get your parts from them...
I ordered my car/parts at this time last year. I recived no email or communications( I sent many emails) just my car/parts arrived in 2 weeks.
Just a thought
Bill
clinehobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:31 PM   #719
Tech Elite

Well, in my case, I have questions about the stock part I need to replace, so I don't want to place an order before I know I can get the part in the near future. I've already waited 2 weeks, so I need to explore other options. I'm not going to place an order to let it sit another 2 weeks (or however long).

At this point, I'm looking at buying a second-hand car for parts instead.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:13 PM   #720
Tech Regular

Same thing for me...Try to e-mail, call, fax etc... I have place my order june 20th and still waiting....and waiting...and waiting....
Mart42 is offline   Reply With Quote