R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-19-2005, 11:42 AM   #391
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anybody noticed a car change running the Oldskool front end with the aluminum braces installed. A before and after....
crazycraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:49 PM   #392
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

craig how are my bodies comming . tell mike to stop playing around with that 1/12 thing and get a new car
Old 12-20-2005, 11:27 AM   #393
Tech Adept

Haven't touched the body yet, I will get to it. I told him to get rid of it, it is making him worse.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:58 PM   #394
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

thats my buddy mike tell him i have a my old trinity car i can put back together if he wants to run a car that will atleast go around the track
Old 12-29-2005, 08:10 AM   #395
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

So i ordered some stuff off the website, order placed on the 14th, payment cleared on the 19th and i havent heard anything since.

I emailed bruce a few days ago, no luck.

Does it usually take this long when ordering from the website?
primusblowsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:26 AM   #396
Tech Adept

Bruce has been swamped with orders since the 1st and 2nd wins at Cleveland and it should be on the way. He also gets about 500 emails a day and its hard for him to get back to everybody but he will. Bruce runs a tight ship and you should get your product out to you soon.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:48 AM   #397
Tech Regular

Anything as good as A Speed Merchant product is worth waiting for - all my orders have taken a couple weeks - but that's what you get when you deal with the best - Bruce = owner/machinist/main set up man/top driver/inventer/ CEO and janitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DLM2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:50 AM   #398
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

oh hes a janitor, thats cool then, anyman that cleans a toilet after im done, deserves as much time as he likes to fill my order. LOL
primusblowsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:02 AM   #399
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yep, Bruce is a top notch guy and the kit is sweet (I convinced my friend Matt to buy one and we put it together about a wee an a half ago). This car is a great car and it's no wonder that Bruce is swamped with orders, I'm waiting my turn to get 3 of the original cross braces as they are out of stock but it's definitely worth the wait.
darnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:35 AM   #400
Tech Adept

Saw this in the for sale section, is it a good deal????

Well, unfortunately our local track is closing so I am selling my 12th scale. I have a Speedmerchant Rev 4 rolling chassis, with lowered rear pods, some ti screws, xtra sets of foams (purple fronts/white, grey rears) Speedmerchant front sus arm braces, comes with spares such as plastic parts, springs, spare front ends,two bodies, a spare chassis (spare has a crack in it right where the servo mounts) and more...

This car has only been run on carpet, so it's in great shape. (see pics)

First $160 takes it...
Attached Thumbnails
Rugrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:18 PM   #401
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrat

Well, unfortunately our local track is closing so I am selling my 12th scale. I have a Speedmerchant Rev 4 rolling chassis, with lowered rear pods, some ti screws, xtra sets of foams (purple fronts/white, grey rears) Speedmerchant front sus arm braces, comes with spares such as plastic parts, springs, spare front ends,two bodies, a spare chassis (spare has a crack in it right where the servo mounts) and more...

First $160 takes it...
Attached Thumbnails
If the car's in decent shape it's a pretty good deal.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:57 PM   #402
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrat

First $160 takes it...
Attached Thumbnails
I have to agree, a few weeks ago we were having a discussion at the track (with Bruce) concerning the second hand Speedmerchant market. Take a good look around, it's VERY RARE to see someone selling a Rev.4. The fact that this one's only for sale because the owner doesn't have a place to run it should remove any doubt from your mind.
Nick-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:49 PM   #403
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnold
Yep, Bruce is a top notch guy and the kit is sweet (I convinced my friend Matt to buy one and we put it together about a wee an a half ago). This car is a great car and it's no wonder that Bruce is swamped with orders, I'm waiting my turn to get 3 of the original cross braces as they are out of stock but it's definitely worth the wait.
yeah i love the car now
Matthew.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:08 PM   #404
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok I'm sure this has been covered somewere on here before but there are alot of pages to read so...
I just got a rev 3 and I need to put a good setup on it for a med/high bite track. I run mod (10,11 double) and for tires purple front and grey,white rears. Right now I am running a rug rat but I just can't seem to get that last little bit out of it to stay ahead of the crc's the whole race. As far as I know I will be the only one running a speed merchant there so any help I can get would be great. Also if I were to get the convertion what else is differnt between the 3 and 4 besides the chassis and the tweak plate, I.E what else would I have to buy
moparsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:59 PM   #405
Tech Fanatic

BTW Bruce would you PM me to let me know when I can order those cross braces from you? Thanks
darnold is offline   Reply With Quote