Speedmerchant Rev.4

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

1. Go to big race
2. Find Bruce C.
3. Get supported

Bruce goes out of his way to help with the car. He helped me before, and he doesn't know me from Adam.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

429Racer-If your talking about him not answering emails fast.
Thats due to him getting all the parts together for the Rev 4,new front end and attending MORE carpet races than ANY OTHER manufacture out there for 1/12th scale.

Not sure what your complaining about unless he didnt answer your email the next day.

But otherwise I would say he's the BEST when it comes to hands on support and tries his best within reason with Email Support.
But hey you cant please everyone expecially in today's world where people expect the WORLD for nothing.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

I ordered a Rev.4 conversion for my Rev.3 on-line last night, and my friend got the full kit. Can't wait to start building.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It does appear that Rev. 4 kits (full, and conversion from rev. 3 to rev. 4 as well as conversion from t-bar cars) are AVAILBABLE!!!! on speedmerchant's site. As well as any spare parts you might need for it.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by TJ Bradley
429racer- the companys owner and car designer attends every major carpet race and offers set up help and support to anyone who asks for assistance. That seems like good support to me.

Its also the best 1/12 on carpet.
Yup-thats true!! YOu dont need to be "on the team" or anything. Hes very cool.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

I can personally attest to the fact that Bruce is the most helpful and knowledgable guy in the business. Speedmerchant doesn't have a huge staff to answer every e-mail 10 seconds after it comes in like AE or Trinity, but the information you receive comes directly from the car's designer/team manager. Bruce does a ton of testing, and is readily accessible at EVERY major carpet race. He also has the MOST helpful team drivers on the planet. TJ Bradley, Jake Pritchard, Mark Strasnick, Brad Johnson, Justin Johnson, the list goes on and on. Any of these guys, myself included, are happy to answer any questions, and even help with set-up. If you're at the Indoor Champs over Thanksgiving weekend, feel free to look us up, we'll be happy to help out however we can.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
I can personally attest to the fact that Bruce is the most helpful and knowledgable guy in the business. Speedmerchant doesn't have a huge staff to answer every e-mail 10 seconds after it comes in like AE or Trinity, but the information you receive comes directly from the car's designer/team manager. Bruce does a ton of testing, and is readily accessible at EVERY major carpet race. He also has the MOST helpful team drivers on the planet. TJ Bradley, Jake Pritchard, Mark Strasnick, Brad Johnson, Justin Johnson, the list goes on and on. Any of these guys, myself included, are happy to answer any questions, and even help with set-up. If you're at the Indoor Champs over Thanksgiving weekend, feel free to look us up, we'll be happy to help out however we can.
I was about the put my Rev.3 on ebay, but Cypressmidwest helped me work the car out and keep it. Now its my favorite class
Old 10-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Ok guys, I did not want to argue but seeing as everyone is saying something about the subject I will now tell you my story. I emailed Speedmerchant on the 3rd of October about his latest product and still today I have not heard anything back from Speedmerchant. I drive a Rev3 and I love the car. I am not saying anything bad about the product he sells and I don't doubt he is a very helpful guy, but one should not have to drive to a "BIG EVENT" to get help or information.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by 429racer
Ok guys, I did not want to argue but seeing as everyone is saying something about the subject I will now tell you my story. I emailed Speedmerchant on the 3rd of October about his latest product and still today I have not heard anything back from Speedmerchant. I drive a Rev3 and I love the car. I am not saying anything bad about the product he sells and I don't doubt he is a very helpful guy, but one should not have to drive to a "BIG EVENT" to get help or information.
I always have better luck calling him than emailing him...
Old 10-28-2004, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Bruce has been very busy lately and gets a few dozen emails a day, so it can be tough to answer all of them, also I have emailed him alot and sometimes you have to send more than one email, although really your best bet is to call him and leave a nice detailed message.

If you have any questions also ask them on this board or from a local team driver, there are many speedmerchant drivers more than willing to help.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default set-up and roll out

stormperson

I just got a rev.4. Now that BBT seems to have developed high traction, what is a good set-up and roll out for stock class (tire diameters too, please).

tia
Old 11-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Hey Guys..... Bruce had some problems a bit ago with his graphite order being lost at the machine shop. So, that set everything back about a month. After Cleveland I am sure things will be smoother.

I ran the car at the Worlds. If you have any questions please let me know. I am heading out to Cleveland so I will get back to them ASAP.

Jeff
Old 11-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Jeff- I have battery bars to give to you in cleveland (i am showing up tuesday night)

timmay- I havent run there that much this year only like twice and since everyone switched to jack the gripper the traction is different than last year when everyone ran niftec (Which was basically like anti traction compound, lol). A good starting set up would probably be...

Front: (old style front end)
-.020 front springs, camber shim, 2 degrees of castor, double pinks/magenta tires around 3.5mm ride height.

Rear: blue or red center shock spring, 80 weight oil, blue side springs, pink tires, and 10k 8th scale diff fluid in the tubes, and a slight sag in the center of the chassis with around 2 degrees of chassis droop.

And use Jack for tire compound, and you might want to superglue your front tires if your car is lifting or traction rolling if the bite is really high, or go to 22 fronts or cyans. Also I normally run a Parma Speed 8 for a 12th scale body, its easier to drive than the speed 12 and from what i heard about that layout, easy to drive is a good thing, lol.

Anyway, let me know how it goes!

-Mark Strasnick

Although from talking to my boys Steve Boice's car is quite good, and talking to Ed Forer he is kinda running a funky set up, so I would ask him or Ed for their set up. And post if you have any more q's, as posted above i am leaving tuesday for cleveland but before then i will be checking rctech a few times a day.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

mark i need the measurements off the rev 4 stickers you want. im cutting stickers now for cleveland shoot me a email. lata bro
Old 12-08-2004, 03:03 AM
Tech Addict

What is Bruce at speedmerchant email?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.