Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-26-2005, 12:22 PM   #241
Tech Regular

Cool,I'll try it this weekend - here's where we run:

http://www.ycityhobby.com/
DLM2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:09 PM   #242
Tech Adept

I really dig that track, those berms on the sweeper look pretty cool and I imagine they save a lot of parts. My kind of track
Nick-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 04:36 PM   #243
Tech Regular

Noticed that the Rev4 and Lonergran made a good showing at The Gate - was his setup similar to the Nats/Vegas setup???? I tried it at our local track this last weekend and almost had too much bit - but then I was running stock - but there were some fast guys there from Columbus - one with a Rev4 that could not be touched - I did see he had .020
front springs/20wt oil/silver spring blue side springs servo flat not sure of damper tubes - I think my car was a little to tight in the rear (links,dampers and preload)I ran my L4 in the third and fourth heat and had faster runs. It was set up looser lite damping and had .020 front springs in it. The set up I ran last year with a Rev 3 was pretty much the set up in the manuel with a black spring and I always had good luck with it.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:04 PM   #244
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

Who was there running a rev. 4? Just curious

I know that chuck ran almost identical to me in vegas, I would assume very similar in his nats set up as well. The only difference was that i think he tried some different steering blocks in his front end and might have gone back. but for the most part the entire team ran a very similar set up, TJ and Drew run for jaco so they ran jaco vs. me and chuck run for parma, thus the parma tires on our cars, however at least on the rev. 4's i think the parmas were faster at vegas, my car was a cadilac to drive and chucks looked very tame as well, the qual or two I saw tj it seemed like his car was a bit more on edge, although i dunno what he was trying when i saw his car, and I didnt see drew's car run that much later in the weekend.

I found on the old car we tended to run a stiffer center spring, black oppose to a blue copper or red, i really dont like the feel of a black on the rev. 4, it is too edge and twichy. Although a silver center spring is really soft, as is 20 weight oil, and generally .020 front springs are better for club racing when bite is not as high.

BTW, i am reffering to all stock set ups, since I havent run mod on carpet with the car in a while, and I only run it in stock at big races...
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:53 PM   #245
Tech Regular

Jeff Giligan had the Rev4 from Columbus -main winner . I had my car there but
ended up running my 12L4

Last edited by DLM2005; 11-07-2005 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:05 PM   #246
Tech Master

Hi guys.....

just wondering if anyone knows if there is anything up at Speedmerchant.

It's been 3 weeks now and still no reply to my emails (one a week) about a part being sent and a setup question?

The setup one I can ask here.

How many degree of castor gets added with each of those washers under the front arm?

The washers are 1.3mm according to my calipers.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:18 PM   #247
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuchi540

It's been 3 weeks now and still no reply to my emails (one a week) about a part being sent and a setup question?

How many degree of castor gets added with each of those washers under the front arm?

Hey Mabuchi,

There is a good possibility your e-mail isn't getting to Bruce if it's been a while. With the increasing volumes of spam being sent these days the filters tend to catch more and more good e-mail as well. Bruce is usually on top of things and responds quite quickly to customer's questions.

I want to say each flat AE aluminum washer is about 2 degrees. We are just running one washer in the front, I haven't changed it since I started running the Rev.4 again.

Nick
Nick-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:32 PM   #248
Tech Master

Thanks.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-C
Hey Mabuchi,

There is a good possibility your e-mail isn't getting to Bruce if it's been a while. With the increasing volumes of spam being sent these days the filters tend to catch more and more good e-mail as well. Bruce is usually on top of things and responds quite quickly to customer's questions.

I want to say each flat AE aluminum washer is about 2 degrees. We are just running one washer in the front, I haven't changed it since I started running the Rev.4 again.

Nick
Going by that then I was thinking of adding an extra 1 degree because if I've read correctly elsewhere it should stop "hook and spin" when powering out of corners AND make it a bit more stable generally at high speed?

If I've read wrong then the "hook and spin" on exit is the main thing it's really the only handling "problem" I have left that and a little on power understeer.

As for making contact (calling would cost to much) if email is getting blocked how do you suggest I get in contact then. It's his own email not speedmerchant I was refering too by the way.

Mabuchi540
Old 11-09-2005, 03:08 PM   #249
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to stormperson

You can check how much castor it is by using an rpm camber guage on the kingpin.

As far as bruce, try giving him a ring as well, he gets ALOT of emails each day.
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:12 PM   #250
Tech Master

Post Well if I.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormperson
You can check how much castor it is by using an rpm camber guage on the kingpin.

As far as bruce, try giving him a ring as well, he gets ALOT of emails each day.

had a camber gauge I would.

As for calling it's an expensive toll call from NZ and I've never got anything but his answer phone the times I did try.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #251
Tech Regular

Got my parts order in about a week and a half, but I live in Ohio. Shipping to you would take longer.

As far as setup ask Stormperson or Cyprus Midwest - there's probably no question they can't answer!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 04:07 PM   #252
Tech Master

Post Didn't I.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM2005
As far as setup ask Stormperson or Cyprus Midwest - there's probably no question they can't answer!!!!!!!!
just do that?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:58 PM   #253
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuchi540

0.8mm is 1 deg pretty much. Easier to say 1mm = 1deg

Jeff
Old 11-14-2005, 02:08 PM   #254
Tech Master

Cool thanks.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
0.8mm is 1 deg pretty much. Easier to say 1mm = 1deg

Jeff

I have some others that are .8 as it happens so then I'm guessing that the 1.3mm ones (white aluminum looking) that came in the kit probably add 1.5 deg?

Ok what's a typical castor value used on a Rev 4, at the moment (with the above info) I'm only running at 1.5 deg?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:12 PM   #255
Tech Elite

Jeff's right on the money... He's another one who knows the car inside and out, so you can trust him implicitly.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote