Speedmerchant Rev.4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speedmerchant Rev.4

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

The suspension arms always have the flash you mentioned. It shouldn't affect the spindle/knuckle but I always clean up the flash before assembling the suspension.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Post Thanks.....

Originally Posted by odpurple
The suspension arms always have the flash you mentioned. It shouldn't affect the spindle/knuckle but I always clean up the flash before assembling the suspension.
I just realised one side has more steering lock than the other and that is because the area that stops the steering had the most flash and I know it's not as even now as the one that had none for me to remove.

So with that in mind when thinking about the 1/4 mm.....I removed the flash as best I could with a hobby knife, I'm guessing I removed 1/4 mm in the process.

There was some in the area around the lower hole (but not actually in it) the pin passes through so when I removed the flashing from that the lower sitting was the result.

I was thinking knowing my luck I removed to much and stuffed up the geometry?

Thanks again.

Does anyone make machined aluminum ones instead?
Old 08-16-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone know if Bruce and the gang are out of town as of late or something? I placed an order 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything from them. I e-mailed but have gotten no reply. Normally, I get a response very quickly.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Post Funny you should say that.....

Originally Posted by maverickalpha
Anyone know if Bruce and the gang are out of town as of late or something? I placed an order 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything from them. I e-mailed but have gotten no reply. Normally, I get a response very quickly.
I haven't heard anything for a while and I just emailed him about some parts I need to finish construction.

One I damaged while trying to take off a metal burr the other was a screw that stripped as I was taking it out of the rear pod because it had been put in to tightly during pre-assembly.

Hope it doesn't take two weeks that's for sure.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, two weeks would suck indeed. Like I said, the only reason I ask is because in the past, I have always recieved prompt replies. Bruce is easy to deal with and is alway very thorough if you have any questions. This is why I'm a loyal customer. Now if I could just get that order...
Old 08-17-2005, 02:54 AM
Tech Master

Post I certainly.....

Yeah, two weeks would suck indeed. Like I said, the only reason I ask is because in the past, I have always recieved prompt replies. Bruce is easy to deal with and is alway very thorough if you have any questions. This is why I'm a loyal customer. Now if I could just get that order...
couldn't agree with you more about the prompt service, that's why I was about to type basically what you've just said and ask the same question. lol
Old 08-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well, I just got off the phone with Bruce and we figured out where my order was. Apparently, my order got filtered out by anti-spam measures. He figures that since my e-mail address is a yahoo address, everything I sent was filtered out. Strange, but at least it's figured out. He also threw in a set of front end braces since I had to wait. Really a class act all the way.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Post Cool some front braces.....

Well, I just got off the phone with Bruce and we figured out where my order was. Apparently, my order got filtered out by anti-spam measures. He figures that since my e-mail address is a yahoo address, everything I sent was filtered out. Strange, but at least it's figured out. He also threw in a set of front end braces since I had to wait. Really a class act all the way.
if they're blue ones not only will it look cool it will make it go faster as well. Sorry couldn't help that.

Don't do what I did and try to get them to fit on the wrong side, before I realised they're actually angled for either the left or right (not both).
Old 08-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hello to all,

What mounts work best for 94145 servo with the old front end?

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BadSign
Hello to all,

What mounts work best for 94145 servo with the old front end?

Thanks!

For flat-mounted servos most people use servo tape or shoe goo. The best servo tape is the white stuff from MIP (the servo won't come off!). I like to use TC3 servo mounts so I can take the servo on and off easily. You can trim the TC3 mounts so the servo is mounted flush with the chassis, actually lower than glue or tape. The picture below is of a KO servo with TC3 mounts, shown with a tool I made to align the servo.

Last edited by odpurple; 07-10-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Post Actually.....

Originally Posted by odpurple
For flat-mounted servos most people use servo tape or shoe goo. The best servo tape is the white stuff from MIP (the servo won't come off!). I like to use TC3 servo mounts so I can take the servo on and off easily. You can trim the TC3 mounts so the servo is mounted flush with the chassis, actually lower than glue or tape. The picture below is of a KO servo with TC3 mounts, shown with a tool I made to align the servo.
I don't think that's what he ment.

I read it as meaning what type of mounting works best for steering and handling. The servo model number is probably irrelevant when he says

"with the old front end?"

Wish I knew the answer myself as I have the kit mounts and a set of angled ones as well.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mabuchi540
I don't think that's what he ment.

I read it as meaning what type of mounting works best for steering and handling. The servo model number is probably irrelevant when he says

"with the old front end?"

Wish I knew the answer myself as I have the kit mounts and a set of angled ones as well.
Most people mount the servo flat with the old style arms.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My fault, I wasn't clear enough. Which type of servo mounts work best to mount the 94145 flat? I've never used a servo this narrow and wasn't sure what works best. Will I need to cut off the extra tabs?

Last edited by BadSign; 08-18-2005 at 05:29 PM. Reason: bad spelling!
Old 08-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BadSign
My fault, I wasn't clear enough. Which type of servo mounts work best to mount the 94145 flat? I've never used a servo this narrow and wasn't sure what works best. Will I need to cut off the extra tabs?
My previous post with the KO Servo would apply to the 94145 as well. You would need to cut off the tabs to use the TC3 mounts, some people use the tabs by bolting through the chassis.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:50 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys.....

quick question time. I was just double checking things while I wait for some parts to arrive so I can finish construction (a part I stuffed lol).

But anyway I was just checking the front end and I'm wondering is there supposed to be any free play/movment side to side in the king pins?

They move up and down nice and smoothly (polished them like it recommends) but as I said while double checking things I notice that on both the left and right steering units the lower hole is allowing the king pins to move slightly.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.