R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-27-2004, 06:32 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Team Much More Surikarn Motor Master V.3

Anyone got an opinion or used the Surikarn Motor Master distributed by Team Much More?

I am looking at something that I can use to keep tabs on the performance of my motors and on race day check which is the best I have in the box. I assume this will give me an idea?

http://www.much-more.co.uk/

Cheers
Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor_master_surikarn_v3.0.jpg (56.9 KB, 821 views)
acutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 06:54 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to LeoChan

new is blue color
LeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 06:56 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Features and shape are similar to the Orion motor checker. The Orion rocks! Anyone have this model? I've been thinking too of ordering one from precisionrc.com

Blake

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:10 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LeoChan
new is blue color
????
Old 08-27-2004, 07:13 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Features and shape are similar to the Orion motor checker. The Orion rocks! Anyone have this model? I've been thinking too of ordering one from precisionrc.com

Blake
If certain dischargers, chargers and lap timers are anything to go by it is probably the same thing in a different case ... was wondering if anyone knew if it would tell me which of my motors was performing better so I could decide before a race what to use??
Old 08-27-2004, 07:15 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to LeoChan

Quote:
Originally posted by acutts
????
new ver. have blue color
LeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:34 AM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have used mine with good results. You can dyno your motors on it to get a feel of which one has more rpm and sounds strong. It's a very useful tool to have. Not only do I use it as a dyno but it also powers my lathe and breaks in motors. It has a pulse break in feature that's pretty sweet. You won't be disappointed if you get it.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:36 AM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
I have used mine with good results. You can dyno your motors on it to get a feel of which one has more rpm and sounds strong. It's a very useful tool to have. Not only do I use it as a dyno but it also powers my lathe and breaks in motors. It has a pulse break in feature that's pretty sweet. You won't be disappointed if you get it.
You've had good results? where? LOLOLOL
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:37 AM   #9
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LeoChan
new ver. have blue color
Cool ... so is the one listed here the old version? Has the new blue one been released? Where can I see a picture of it and is it just a diff can but same features?

Thanks
Scott
Old 08-27-2004, 07:38 AM   #10
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
Cool I don't want to get saddled with an ld version so will see if I can find the Blue one ... but I am angling towards getting it .. Thanks 4 info!!
Old 08-27-2004, 07:51 AM   #11
Tech Adept

The main man of Much More UK, I think is on this forum. Do a search for the username KeithA. He will be happy to answer all your Q's about the motor master or any of the other Much More Racing gear.

Hope this helps

Liam
Liam_Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:08 AM   #12
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Liam_Davies
The main man of Much More UK, I think is on this forum. Do a search for the username KeithA. He will be happy to answer all your Q's about the motor master or any of the other Much More Racing gear.

Hope this helps

Liam
Thanks ... will give him a try ...
Old 08-27-2004, 10:21 AM   #13
Tech Elite

There are no versions of the motor checker that are more recent than the V3 Surikarn.

The Orion and Peak versions are both based on the old version of the Much-More Checker, the Surikarn edition has a few extra features - and it's considerably cheaper in the UK as well. Bit of a no-brainer about which one to choose.

(if you're struggling to get hold of one, we at rc-direct can get them in stock very quickly)
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:32 AM   #14
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

i just got the regular version which was sold through schumacher , and is identicle to the one orion and peak sells, I have no complaints other that I wish much more would have a larger usa market so they could sponser me

Dude the much more racing stuff is the greatest. I'd like to get their power supply its the perfect size!
Old 08-27-2004, 02:16 PM   #15
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sosidge
There are no versions of the motor checker that are more recent than the V3 Surikarn.

The Orion and Peak versions are both based on the old version of the Much-More Checker, the Surikarn edition has a few extra features - and it's considerably cheaper in the UK as well. Bit of a no-brainer about which one to choose.

(if you're struggling to get hold of one, we at rc-direct can get them in stock very quickly)
Cool I ordered some stuff from your site the other day sosidge...! Give you a call on Tues ... think I need one of your cool power supplys as well Do I get a bulk discount