R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-26-2004, 10:14 PM   #1
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Post Set-up equipment

ALIGNMENT STATIONS
Since I'm about ready to order the new HUDY All-n-one or the Integy Set-up station, what I want to know is do I need set-up wheels to keep the measurements more accurate?

- jaybEE

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:24 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
I dont think youll need set up wheels.. when setting up your car the set up station assembly will be connected to the axles , no tires on the car ..except for ride height adjustments ...
Old 08-26-2004, 11:07 PM   #3
Tech Champion

My problem is that I can't find anyplace that has the HUDY- part#-108255. I need to find out what this set-up costs. Any ideas...

- jAyBeE

Old 08-26-2004, 11:08 PM   #4
Tech Regular

expensive
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:36 PM   #5
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by mtc3od
expensive
for the money, is it a value though... is there something else out there that does the same for quite a bit less. I know about the Integy stuff, but if you add all the things from Inte. that's comparable to the Hudy, aren't you about the same money-wise?
And you get the Hudy alum. case 'thrown' in ....

- jaybee

Old 08-29-2004, 12:20 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to donoman

One of the local fastguys taught me how to set up my car today.

Basically I can now set tweak, camber, and toe with just a simple RPM camber meter and using some really sensitive fingers.

After setting the tweak using the "pick-up" method, one of the other fast guys at the track checked my car on the MIP Tweak station and it was pretty much dead-center.

Awesome.
I think I rather spend my money on tracktime and tires.
donoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:16 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Cardboard

How can you set toe with a camber guage?
Cardboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 12:48 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Cardboard:

Directly from the RPM Website: [NOTE: They talk about Monster trucks but this will work for anything]

"Toe angles can be checked using the same RPM Camber Gauge. We do not recommend using the RPM Toe-In gauge to check large tire diameters because the gauge cannot reach the centerline of the wheel, which would result in inaccurate results. To use the RPM Camber Gauge to check toe angles, all you have to do is have a 2" x 4" block of wood or other square object handy to rest your wheels against (be sure that there is clearance around the bumper and skid plate areas in the wood).
To check front toe angles, turn on your transmitter and receiver and allow your steering servo to come to rest. Leave the transmitter and receiver on while checking your front wheel toe angles. Bump your wheels equally against the block of wood (check to be sure that only the tires are hitting), then place the base of the gauge horizontally across the face of the tire and place the gauge edge against your block of wood. The reading on the gauge is your toe angle for that one side. Please remember that this angle, plus the angle of your second wheel, will be your total toe angle. Once you adjust in your front toe angle, run the truck and use your steering trim on your transmitter to adjust straight line tracking.
Rear wheel toe is done identically to the front except you do not have the convenience of a transmitter to adjust straight line tracking. Unfortunately, there currently is not an accurate way of checking rear wheel toe angles in relation to the chassis. The best method to get an accurate rear toe angle is to measure the length of your toe links. Once you are sure both rear toe links are identical in length, make sure toe angle adjustments are made equally between sides.
For front wheels, a negative reading on the gauge represents toe out, while a positive reading represents toe in. For rear wheels, a negative reading on the gauge represents rear wheel toe in. An excellent starting point for most large tire trucks is approximately 1/2 degree of toe in per side for both front & rear wheels. "

before all the tweak stations, this is the way I always did it.
LeadFoot is offline   Reply With Quote