R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-26-2004, 01:48 PM   #1
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing
Default This is ridiculous... please help us

Shane and Mods- please leave this up a few days on electric since this is the most visited- We need all the responses we can get!!

For those of you that have never visited Memphis and raced with the MSRA, we race in a huge parking lot surrounded by commercial business. The center area of the lot where we race is NEVER used for parking- it's just an overflow area that I personally haven't ever seen used. Anyway, we race three parking areas away from Haverty's Furniture. There are at least eight entrances between us and the Haverty's parking area. We IN NO WAY impede visibility or parking accessibility to Haverty's, yet the manager there for what ever reason decided he wanted us to quit racing OVER 700 FEET from his store!! He claimed a racer came and used the rest room at Haverty's and it messed up the rotation of the salespersons because one of the "upped" the racer thinking he wanted to purchase furniture. However, myself or ANY OTHER MSRA racer has NEVER seen anyone or known of anyone going to Haverty's to use the rest room. Why would we? IHOP is half the distance and Hobby Town is about the saame distance and we're welcome to use HT's bath rooms.

Anyway, I called the manager's bluff and asked for his documentation of the customer complaints and he got pissed off when we wouldn't just up and quit racing because he said to, so he called trhe property managers and told them the same lies. They of course called Hobby Town and now we will have to race behind Hobby Town where there are huge drainage grates and the asphalt is way off camber and V-shaped for drainage. On top of that, our exposure will be practically eliminated since it's hard to see where we'll be racing.

I have also found from talking to persons in the sales business in the area the manager- Dave Carraway- is a known jerk and a liar.

The MSRA is a non-profit racing club and we have hardly any way to fight this other than letting Haverty's know they made a mistake. So the best way is to email them and hope they see they need to address this problem and this jerk managing the store. Please go to http://www.havertys.com/web/homepage.nsf/mainframe and click on the "contact us" tab then submit an email telling them what you think about their ways of drawing new customers!! You can also email one of the PR person here- [email protected] Please be polite, don't curse, and just explain that you are an R/C racer and you, your family, friends, and workmates will NEVER grace the doors af a Haverty's furniture store unless they make this situation right.

Whether you email them because you are a friend of mine, supporter of R/C racing everywhere, or just hate stupid lying jerks that want to spoil someone's fun because their sales are hurting, please take a second to do this. Space is sooo freakin expensive in the Memphis area that we will never find another place to race with the exposure we have here.

Thanks guys,
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 02:01 PM   #2
Tech Elite

BTW- if you send them an email please post a quick response so we know how many they have gotten from areas outside Memphis

Thanks again guys- we gotta stick together to keep the idiots from screwing up our hobby.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:33 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Jason,

Which store in Memphis is it? When going through the "Contact Us" page it asks which store was visited. I'd like to single out the particular store causing the problems. The choices are Wolfcreek Parkway or Winchester Rd.

Thanks
Brandt
Ozwald Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 02:34 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to LarryPryor

yo Jason how is it going. Just wanted to let you know I sent in a email for ya bro and good luck. If Hobbytown is in that strip mall that should have just as much right to use the parking lot where you are racing. Let me know how it goes, looking forward to the BTH next year.
LarryPryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 03:04 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Bates- sorry, it's the Wolf Creek Dr. store. They have had enough emails from our local guys that they know which store it is... although so far the replies have basically been we don't care so hopefully a nationwide response will change their minds.

Larry- thanks bro!! yea BTH will be awesome again next year- we had a blast this year- Toastie was untouchable!
Old 08-26-2004, 03:52 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter
Yo Little puppy.....Haverty's got mail.

Later,

Mike A.
Teambutter

YAYOO!!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 04:30 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Hello to whom it may concern. I have in the past bought furniture from
your establishment. recently with the turn of events at one of your
stores, I will never step
foo inside another one of your stores. I recently bought a house for
which I wanted new furnature. The one thing I do for pleasure is race Rc
cars.
Now my only peaceful playtime is being interupted by an overly annoying
and fibulous employee, who has construed a story of disruption in his
store by someone using the restroom. Even if so what is the problem.
Hence forth I will take my wife and our money else where to shop for
furnature.

Thank you sincerly.
Hector J. Garcia

Jason this is what I sent them pluss they dont sell Pizza so I probly wouldnt be going in there!
Old 08-26-2004, 05:57 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Old 08-26-2004, 07:54 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
Jason this is what I sent them pluss they dont sell Pizza so I probly wouldnt be going in there!
I don't care who ye are... that's funny!!!

Thanks Hector and everyone else.

Others- guys, please take a second to email these people. It's simply absurd that a furniture store manager wants to ruin the hobby and fun for many persons including a number of father and son teams in the MSRA all because he's mad that there's a hobby shop full of customers looking at r/c cars and and a total of 6 cars in the furniture store parking lot including the employees!!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:02 PM   #10
Tech Elite

What a shame this is happening to you guys. Don't they realize that all the attention from the racing gives them exposure also? It's really too bad they think that way.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:33 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007

Jason...........

Havertys got mail. I wish you well and here is one of the emails I sent.

To whom it may concern,

I have seen your store from the highway in my hometown and have recently started looking at homes because of growing family. We have yet to enter a Havertys store for furniture or other neccessities that we will need in the future.

After reading about the situation going on at the mentioned location in Memphis (Wolf Creek) it bothers me that such a large chain of stores would act in the manner as such. My wife manages a furniture store here in San Antonio and she would love to get the traffic that can be made from people looking at R/C racing. She would love the chance at getting a small percentage of consumers that can go through the store to look, that's a part of retail that you need.

Unless things change for the R/C racers of Memphis, I can gaurantee that I will never step foot in one of your establishments. That's not because my wife manages a store but because the community is not on your agenda.

Ronnie
Old 08-26-2004, 08:45 PM   #12
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If these emails that everyone is sending is going to the store where this manager works, chances are no one but a couple of people there are seeing them. The manager is probably deleting them himself or getting one of his flunkies to do it.
Would'nt it be better to send the emails to the corporate office? Investors hate bad publicity, and they can fire this dirtbag manager. It's just a thought.....
Old 08-26-2004, 08:54 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Thats where they are being sent.

Bigdog er littl epuppy was smart enough to think abou that! LOL!!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:58 PM   #14
Tech Adept

They got more mail. Im sorry to hear about your situation. I know how hard it is to find a place to race and it just takes one person to ruin it for all. Good luck.
JimMcClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:14 PM   #15
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ok....they got one from me also. Good luck on your fight and may termites infest their furniture.