R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #841
Tech Master
 
Danny-b23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Posts: 1,336
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.breuer View Post
Something I noticed (from a few of Mod Sedan racers) at the IIC race I thought was really cool but didn't understand.
A few of them would turn sharp toward the corners (too much), turn back, and then turn sharp again to take the turn.
At first, I thought it was a steering mistake and they were just correcting for turning too early to begin with.
The more I watched, I could tell they were doing this (at a lot of the corners) intentionally. The steering action was very quick (hard to see). I at least saw Rheinard, and Juho doing this.

My guess it was to scrub speed so they didn't have to brake?
I've also heard it may help the car roll and turn more agressively (counter steering)?
I noticed that quite a few of the top drivers drive this way. Paul L. also does this, and his setups reflect it.
__________________
RC America|XRAY|ORCA|Motiv|EA Motorsports
Danny Buck
WCICS Rep - Round 1, Saskatoon, SK
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #842
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Scotty and crew, once again a awesome event, thanks so much for bringing a world class event to the common racer. One day I will actually finish a main, lol.

A special thanks to Jim Dieter and the Trinity crew, I had a motor issue and only asked him for some advice on a motor I had been running, Jim looked at it, said it wasn't very good, and proceeded to give me a new stator. Then he asked if the rotor had got hot? Before I could answer he gave me a new one of those too. Thanks very much.

Also thanks to Drew and the XrayUSA guys for getting us our pit spots and taking care of our race needs thru the week. Paul I found the ghost I was looking for, but thanks for lending me your ear.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #843
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.breuer View Post
Something I noticed (from a few of Mod Sedan racers) at the IIC race I thought was really cool but didn't understand.
A few of them would turn sharp toward the corners (too much), turn back, and then turn sharp again to take the turn.
At first, I thought it was a steering mistake and they were just correcting for turning too early to begin with.
The more I watched, I could tell they were doing this (at a lot of the corners) intentionally. The steering action was very quick (hard to see). I at least saw Rheinard, and Juho doing this.

My guess it was to scrub speed so they didn't have to brake?
I've also heard it may help the car roll and turn more agressively (counter steering)?
Would love to hear more insight into this style of driving from anyone who was there... or anyone who drives like this.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #844
Tech Master
 
HB Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Surf City, USA
Posts: 1,080
Default

Boomer, got any photos? Need to fill up your website before this thread goes to sleep til next year.
__________________
Bruce "Moose" Riedinger
HB Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #845
Tech Adept
 
Dread Pirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OC/RC Raceway
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Moose View Post
Boomer, got any photos? Need to fill up your website before this thread goes to sleep til next year.
Yea, last year you got my 1/12th running ahead of Moose; this time I'll be looking for the Sedan pictures of my car ahead of his!

[/QUOTE]
__________________
"We face each other as God intended. Sportsman-like. No tricks, skill against skill alone." -Fezzik
Dread Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #846
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Leeds Uk
Posts: 20
Default tee shirt

Many thanks guys for my tee shirt, as some of you know I couldnt make it as diagnosed with a serious illness 2 weeks before the trip. But was presented with a signed tee shirt today at the first 1/12th national. Nice to be in some ones thoughts and was very touched by the gesture.
Once again many thanks and hope i can join you next year.
Vinny
vinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #847
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,237
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinster View Post
Many thanks guys for my tee shirt, as some of you know I couldnt make it as diagnosed with a serious illness 2 weeks before the trip. But was presented with a signed tee shirt today at the first 1/12th national. Nice to be in some ones thoughts and was very touched by the gesture.
Once again many thanks and hope i can join you next year.
Vinny
That was all Kevin's doing to get me to place my semi-valuable signature on it...LOL.

And we kept one CRC pit spot open by us just in case you made a miraculous recovery.

Get better amigo!

Still Bill..a 7 year IIC veteran
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #848
Tech Elite
 
Big Daddy Boomer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Trackside Hobbies Milwaukee
Posts: 2,631
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Daddy Boomer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Moose View Post
Boomer, got any photos? Need to fill up your website before this thread goes to sleep til next year.
Photos are up in the site. Lots of Poker pictures. Over 500 pictures

They are located Here
Big Daddy Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #849
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 237
Default

I like to thank everybody at the IIC and my wife that let me play :-)

Special thanks to Scotty and his Crew. What a great race and a nice atmosphere!

And Thanks to Alexander Hagberg putting on a great show, and Bruce, Josh, Frank, Eric, AE (need to pay for cap :-) ), Jim

Hope to see many of you at Snowbirds :-)
Burt, Frank, Bob, Billy, try to come.

Alf :-)
Norway
alf.skaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #850
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf.skaar View Post
I like to thank everybody at the IIC and my wife that let me play :-)

Special thanks to Scotty and his Crew. What a great race and a nice atmosphere!

And Thanks to Alexander Hagberg putting on a great show, and Bruce, Josh, Frank, Eric, AE (need to pay for cap :-) ), Jim

Hope to see many of you at Snowbirds :-)
Burt, Frank, Bob, Billy, try to come.

Alf :-)
Norway
It was fun hanging out, and racing with you in Mod12th Alf.

db
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #851
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 108
Default

Didn't recognize Alf without his head band video camera!
__________________
Independent Racer, J-Spec sand and sealer, Dog hair free since 2011
Dragarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #852
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Athens Greece
Posts: 99
Default

Hi were can i see pictures from Griffin12 of Andy Moore?
drover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:33 AM   #853
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragarcher View Post
Didn't recognize Alf without his head band video camera!
laugh o Man i was sow busy running two classes my self, and having Hagberg running my Car in 13.5

I was worth it :-)

At Snow birds I think off running 4 classes, I may have to sleep with the camera on

Alf
alf.skaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #854
Tech Elite
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,809
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default 2012

Anyone know if Scotty is planning the 2012 IIC on the same week in October? I know it's early but I have to get my vacation on the books soon.
__________________
Calandra Racing Concepts/ Hobbywing / Team Scream / Progressive Rc / Ko Propo / MotivRc / Dri-Fit Mafia /
haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #855
Tech Elite
 
Timbulb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,054
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Any info anywhere for the 2012 IIC? Would love to go there but need info as soon as possible so I can start planning.
Timbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:51 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net