Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Old 10-13-2011, 01:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
]Deficient rules don't cause people to cheat, a deficiency of character does.
That's a cute little saying for your signature, but it doesn't really do anything to address the issue. Maybe something like:

"Early and consistent enforcement of the rules overcomes deficient character."

That said, this seems like the worst thread possible to have this sort of discussion. IIC'11 was one of the most successful on-road races in recent history. Let's celebrate on-road's little resurgence here and create some other thread to to vent.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Anyone have any info on what the AE guys were running in WGT for cars? I heard a new 1/10 wgt type car was in the works to replace the 10r5.....rumors? I love AE products and would love to see some pics of what they were running here. Thanks
Old 10-13-2011, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
simple any major race if you want to race blinky spec class everyone must use the same esc/motor/battery combo regardless of sponsors, isnt spec class supposed to be everyone is equal??

something like this?

i guess we are going to need a new thread lol
Old 10-13-2011, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
can't claim that Chaz955i said it first
Holy cow, you went digging to find that one.

What i said may seem like an over simplification but really rules are in place to give guidance to the people who are interested in playing fair and doing things right. More rules only make things more ponderous and leads to less consistant enforcement. The people who are cheaters are going to cheat regardless. That is what they do. It isn't just in rc racing either. They are likely slimebags in every aspect of their life.

Now what to do about it. This is a tough nut since RC is so volunteer driven and there isn't a ton of money or training to go around for the level of enforcement needed consistently catch cheats. It is a balancing act that requires everyone to step back and stand in another person's shoes to understand the impact of too much or too little enforcement. For me, a marginally skilled club racer, less enforcement makes sense because it is just a hobby and I don't get too wrapped up in racing toy cars nor do I want an hour of tech for a club race. I do understand though that there are a number of people who earn their living either racing or as manufacturers/ tuners and cheating takes bread off their table or undermines their product or both.

Maybe an example needs to be set of a few cheaters, manufacturers included? Get caught cheating and plan on finding another hobby because we don't want you.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default clarification!

Stock is not spec!
Spec is not stock.

Not the same, not intended to be the same, should not be the same.
Spec could/can be novice/sportsman whatever. It can be just spec as it implies.

Stock is not and should not be any of the above.

Regards,
Darrald
Old 10-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

There are not many Videos out there from this race...does anyone else have any recorded that they could upload and share?

There was a lot of great racing and I saw lots of video cameras, are people just holding out?
Old 10-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
There are not many Videos out there from this race...does anyone else have any recorded that they could upload and share?

There was a lot of great racing and I saw lots of video cameras, are people just holding out?
Have you tried you tube?
Old 10-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Team Tekin

This one has some great highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilXGazog5Ec
Old 10-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

pics of the F1 "A" Main

http://uf1series.com/_gallery/gallery_25.html
Old 10-14-2011, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Fran and I arrived safe and sound in the UK after staying at Mandalay Bay for a few nights after the excitment of the IIC. Highly recommended as a hotel and pool for anyone who's not been

A big thanks to Scotty, Boomer and the team for a cracking IIC meeting. We had a great time, and I hugely enjoyed racing World GT where the class first kicked off.

The A-mains on Saturday were outstanding. The TC and 12th mod races were pretty close to a Worlds, with only one or two big names missing.

Really enjoyed watching the F1 class racing. I wished I'd had more time to get a car ready as it looked a whole lot of fun

Kev Creaser is currently on a tour around Arizona and flies back over the weekend. I'm sure he and Mrs C are having a great time!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So what was the tire of choice there for F1?
Old 10-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxrich
So what was the tire of choice there for F1?
Spec Tires, Pre-Mounted Ride H1
Old 10-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork

Hey Art.. here you go

17.5 Stock A-main... i still have a few videos, but mostly footage of my runs.

http://youtu.be/PfZn0qvujkk
Old 10-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Something I noticed (from a few of Mod Sedan racers) at the IIC race I thought was really cool but didn't understand.
A few of them would turn sharp toward the corners (too much), turn back, and then turn sharp again to take the turn.
At first, I thought it was a steering mistake and they were just correcting for turning too early to begin with.
The more I watched, I could tell they were doing this (at a lot of the corners) intentionally. The steering action was very quick (hard to see). I at least saw Rheinard, and Juho doing this.

My guess it was to scrub speed so they didn't have to brake?
I've also heard it may help the car roll and turn more agressively (counter steering)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.