R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #541
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
My wife is going with me early. I score a lot of points by taking her to a couple shows before the whole shebang starts up...Then, she's outta there and I have the room all to my cars...LOL

Already had my flight booked to the Snowbirds in Jan/Feb; but, she booked us on a Carribean cruise at the very same time. No Snowbirds; but, I should be really tanned and well fed.

Then, there is the TimeZone II Gran Prix in November...On my birthday!

Bill
Ah so I guess the "variety" show has to be after she leaves...LOL
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:58 AM   #542
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
My wife is going with me early. I score a lot of points by taking her to a couple shows before the whole shebang starts up...Then, she's outta there and I have the room all to my cars...LOL

Already had my flight booked to the Snowbirds in Jan/Feb; but, she booked us on a Carribean cruise at the very same time. No Snowbirds; but, I should be really tanned and well fed.

Then, there is the TimeZone II Gran Prix in November...On my birthday!

Bill
I scored all the points before i go and then some and i guess i will see you at timezone for the grand prix so maybe mark will get you a big cake and we all can sing for you and we can drink Doug's apple pie
spammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #543
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
It's your turn Bill!!

Welcome to the Team!!

Hahahahaha.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #544
Tech Elite

Dumper said I had to do something other than buy beer for Ficco and Bodine this year. I'll be joining Bill out on the loading dock this year.

All signed up and able to attend my 6th year..... yeeee Ha....
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #545
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post
Dumper said I had to do something other than buy beer for Ficco and Bodine this year. I'll be joining Bill out on the loading dock this year.

All signed up and able to attend my 6th year..... yeeee Ha....
You add greatness to the show...That's what YOU do!

I'm 6.5 years then. Attended the inaugural year as a spectator.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #546
Tech Elite

looking forward to seeing the whole crew.........

i better go start working on my stuff, i can't even win a club race at my home track.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #547
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Max K

really looking forward to this year!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #548
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey all! Just a few questions

We are flying over from Australia and just want to minimize on gear we bring on the plane as 23kgs doesn't go too far!

We are running 17.5 boosted TC and 1/12th scale and were wondering if there will be any stalls or people selling stuff like tyres, oils, motors etc at the track? If not, is there a place near by where we can buy stuff from? We have hired a car and are driving from LAX to Vegas (opposite side of the road will be interesting!!) are there any hobby shops along the way?
For 1/12th scale mod, what would be a good tyre combo to start with? Here we run on asphalt with crc/bsr purple front and magenta or pink rears on 12R5.1.

We are super excited to come and race with you guys!

Thanks in advance!
Shane
www.sydneymini-z.com
Highway Hobbies
Shane_CycloneTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #549
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HenBeav

if i wanted to add a class, how would i do that? i already signed up for 2 was going to add 3rd but if you go back through the paypal you can't change the amount to the difference it would be since it thinks you are signing up for a first class again, i guess i could mail a check for the difference, then i'd have to write a check and use the mail and i don't think i'm old enough to know how to do that. Maybe grandpa sydor could help me out with that, yeah it starts now.

Support your local Lowe's, Walmart and Layne Machine Works INC.
HenBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:18 AM   #550
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane_CycloneTC View Post

We are flying over from Australia and just want to minimize on gear we bring on the plane as 23kgs doesn't go too far!

We are running 17.5 boosted TC and 1/12th scale and were wondering if there will be any stalls or people selling stuff like tyres, oils, motors etc at the track? If not, is there a place near by where we can buy stuff from? We have hired a car and are driving from LAX to Vegas (opposite side of the road will be interesting!!) are there any hobby shops along the way?
For 1/12th scale mod, what would be a good tyre combo to start with? Here we run on asphalt with crc/bsr purple front and magenta or pink rears on 12R5.1.

Thanks in advance!
Shane
Check out speedtechrc.com and tqrcracing.com - they are both in the LA area and on the way to Vegas.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:42 AM   #551
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Shane

AmpDraw hobbies will be on Site at the track. Shane (Founder of RCTech here) carries pretty much everything you can get for an RC car there!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #552
Tech Elite

AMPDRAW Hobbies has been the onsite hobby shop for the 6 years that I have been there and they always have a great inventory.. leave your solder iron at home which save a kilo or two there will be plenty of those around to borrow......

Also if your TSA will allow put your car and transmitter in your carry on bag a bunch of grams saved there...
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #553
Tech Elite

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Shane
1/12 tires always seem to be in short supply. I would try to arrange something before you arrive.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #554
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
1/12 tires always seem to be in short supply. I would try to arrange something before you arrive.
Very true....and with the shortage of some this year it may be even worse! CRC has seemed to have a good stock along with BSR and the TRC tires.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #555
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Shane
As mentioned, 1/12th tires is in short supply these days. I would get all of your 1/12th tires before hand and then ship them to the hotel. They hotel shipping & receiving off is right next to the track. They will hold until you pick up when you arrive. You can save the shipping box and use it to ship stuff back that you do not use. Amp Draw hobbies will be next to the track and they usually have some 1/12th tires but they may not have the exact tires you want.
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote