R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Ed,

I would carefully check what you can take. Although it was from Australia, we recently went to TITC in Thailand and had no issue whatsoever taking lipos, chargers and tools with us. Chargers and tools go in the luggage hold and the lipos were allowed to be carried in your carry on luggage. Even our radio was OK in the cabin. Just check carefully
Hi Cannon

hummm, i think id better re re read the NZ customs web site again, im sure it said "no batteries or sharp objects"

thanks

Ed
Edwin Pibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007

Scotty and crew,

A few of us from Texas will be there! Thanks for all of your help when I needed your advice. Hope to meet you in person in October. This should be the year!

Ronnie
Old 03-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #33
Tech Adept

I have not been to Vegas since 2007 and that was an awesome event. I'll will be making plans to attend this year for sure. Time to start saving and get in lots more practice!

Thanks again Scotty and crew!
infokiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Good news Scotty. Vegas is always so much fun to race in. Had a blast last year, can't quite put my finger on it, but it was one of the best overall race events I've attended. Everything from layout, track prep, atmosphere, tech, results, personnel, accommodations, entertainment and just flat out awesome hosts! I am so glad that you have the faith in us to do it again.

If anyone is on the fence thinking: "ah... this might be fun, should I go?" The answer is: dugh, it's worth every penny! You wont find a better event.

Brian
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #35
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
Had a blast last year, can't quite put my finger on it
TQ'ing and winning that many classes is always fun LOL J/K Will see ya out there Brian!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #36
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

can we use paragon there....
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #37
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
can we use paragon there....
Only if you drink it back behind the Green Room...

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:37 AM   #38
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

green room is looking a little purple.!!!!
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #39
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Guess I'll just have to wait a little on the classes, particularly interested in the WGT rules, but if a discussion can help shape them, here are my thoughts:

1) Going to run 1/12th 17.5 limited-timming for sure. Had so much fun last year (my 1st trip to Vegas). We have some more of our SoCal group committing to run this class at IIC with us this year.

2) Deciding between Sedan, WGT, or both. 3 classes might be tough, but fun.

3) For Amature Sedan, 21.5 limited is getting popular (and just my speed), but I'd run the 17.5 if that was the choice.

4) For WGT, last years 13.5 limited was popular, 10.5 open was the lowest attended class. In SoCal club racing it's all 13.5 limited, but I heard a rumor that this year's IIC will be 13.5 open? Interested in getting into this class, and would like to hear which direction it will go.

Really looking forward to IIC'2011 !
Old 03-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Default limited profile is a joke

Has any thing been done after last years indescretion with a certain Esc using +9 degrees as there zero bench mark.
I for one hope the WGT class is open , blinky Esc is so open to cheating how can it be monitored.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Has any thing been done after last years indescretion with a certain Esc using +9 degrees as there zero bench mark.
I for one hope the WGT class is open , blinky Esc is so open to cheating how can it be monitored.
That ESC issue has debated and discussed ad nauseam, and has been remedied.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #42
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

is it October yet?????
Big White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #43
AOD
Tech Regular

Booked my flight last night, Vegas here I come baby!!!!!
AOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #44
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

WGT with 13.5 ramped was great at the 2011 ROAR Nats. The 'big boys' made the A-main and distinguished themselves while the other mains offered some great close racing. And it was the second largest class...only usurped due to some no shows.

If there is only one WGT class, I vote for that. Otherwise, I have no problem with having the two separate WGT classes we ran at the IIC in 2010.

I feel the '9 degree issue' is old news that has been resolved. Now, it is the new issue with the Orcas being banned from the unramped classes at the Carpet Nats.

Regardless, WGT all da way here!

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #45
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
WGT with 13.5 ramped was great at the 2011 ROAR Nats. The 'big boys' made the A-main and distinguished themselves while the other mains offered some great close racing. And it was the second largest class...only usurped due to some no shows.

If there is only one WGT class, I vote for that. Otherwise, I have no problem with having the two separate WGT classes we ran at the IIC in 2010.

I feel the '9 degree issue' is old news that has been resolved. Now, it is the new issue with the Orcas being banned from the unramped classes at the Carpet Nats.

Regardless, WGT all da way here!

Bill
was it really an "issue"? all but one changed brands of escs and they all went faster and pretty much maintained there qualifiying positions