Wiki Posts
Search

TRF 415 vs XRAY T1 Factory

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Default TRF 415 vs XRAY T1 Factory

Ever wondered which one to buy?

Beginners, if you're interested, MarkP has posted a comprehensive review of the XRAY T1 Factory Kit comparing it with the TRF 414 at 3hobby.com.

Click "Read more ..." when you go there and enjoy!

He plans to write part II of review as he progresses with building both these kits.

Cheers.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Hello

I can save you sometime by telling everyone that the tamiya 415 is a very good car but the x-ray is better than most TC cars on the market today end of story.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Hello

Originally posted by Bflat
I can save you sometime by telling everyone that the tamiya 415 is a very good car but the x-ray is better than most TC cars on the market today end of story.
the 414 is world champion so how can the xray be best?
Old 08-23-2004, 07:29 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't want to destroy you illusion but the driver is the world champion not the car!!! It just happend and on this particular race he was driving Tamiya. (I'm not saying that Tamiya isn't a good car, on the contrary it's a very good one)

Nick
Old 08-23-2004, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by nnick
I don't want to destroy you illusion but the driver is the world champion not the car!!! It just happend and on this particular race he was driving Tamiya. (I'm not saying that Tamiya isn't a good car, on the contray it's a very good one)

Nick
lol,no its a mixture of both otherwise why doesnt everyone at world championships run tl01's instead of spending loadsa money testing and develpoping parts?
the car is the world champion just as much as the driver the batts the speedo the servo the motor the diffs the charger the transmiiter the reciever the body the tyres the wheels he inserts everything.
theres no one thing that can win the world championship.including drivers.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

I can
Old 08-25-2004, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default AMEN

Originally posted by trf racer
lol,no its a mixture of both otherwise why doesnt everyone at world championships run tl01's instead of spending loadsa money testing and develpoping parts?
the car is the world champion just as much as the driver the batts the speedo the servo the motor the diffs the charger the transmiiter the reciever the body the tyres the wheels he inserts everything.
theres no one thing that can win the world championship.including drivers.
AMEN
Old 08-25-2004, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

You will also needs luck!

There are a lot of drivers and cars that are capable of winning major events!

A great amount of luck is also needed!
Old 08-25-2004, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Its definitely the total package which makes for a champion.

Both cars are good and would be a winner in the right hands.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

The opinions posted here highlight the exact reason why I bought both cars.

My goal was to take an objective look at both cars from the ground up - to go through the whole process from buying the kit to testing the car and at each step evaluate how well the car/kit lives up to its name.
If there is something about the car/kit which isn't so good, I'll mention it - likewise, if there is something good, then it gets mentioned, too.

At the end of the day, the readers of the article who are looking to purchase either model, can read through, weigh up the good and bad points and make a decision as to whether they think the car is for them or not.

I started out without any personal preference - I simply couldn't make up my mind which kit to buy and I knew that asking the here would lead to the posting we see here above.

If you already have the kit, then maybe read the article and dismiss what you don't like - if you don't have the kit, read it and make an informed decision as to which is more suitable for you.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:41 AM
Tech Addict

Good article Mark, I just wanted to ask, do you plan on testing the cars both at legal weight or will you just not bother on that point. I'm asking because when you have a car that is that much underweight, it makes a big difference in performance and feeling (my 414 is 80g underweight and when I have to weight it up for official races it's very different).
Old 08-25-2004, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Cobra81li200
Good article Mark, I just wanted to ask, do you plan on testing the cars both at legal weight or will you just not bother on that point. I'm asking because when you have a car that is that much underweight, it makes a big difference in performance and feeling (my 414 is 80g underweight and when I have to weight it up for official races it's very different).
Thanks Cobra - you raise a very good point! I really have to bring them up to the legal weight, otherwise the test would be biased especially as the T1 is quite a bit lighter than the 415. Thanks for pointing this out - my wallet has to take another hit
Old 08-25-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by markp27
Thanks Cobra - you raise a very good point! I really have to bring them up to the legal weight, otherwise the test would be biased especially as the T1 is quite a bit lighter than the 415. Thanks for pointing this out - my wallet has to take another hit
He he...

Actually, I think you should try both at minimum and legal weight, but only compare different cars at the same weight. Anyway, a comparison of the same car at minimum and at legal weight could be interesting too.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

I don't get it. Your thread says comparing the 415 to the x-ray. But it appears your just comparing it to the 414. These are very different cars. What's the point?
Old 08-25-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Arcee Newbie
I don't get it. Your thread says comparing the 415 to the x-ray. But it appears your just comparing it to the 414. These are very different cars. What's the point?
Read the first post! Can you point out where I compared anything to a 414?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.