Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
TC6 v MI4CX v HB TCX >

TC6 v MI4CX v HB TCX

TC6 v MI4CX v HB TCX

Old 02-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default TC6 v MI4CX v HB TCX

All these cars are top chassis I know . And alot comes down to personal preference. But I am in the market for a new car to run 17.5 stock. I just want some feedback on the different cars and what people have seen.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Love the TCX and it is FAST. It is a little more brittle than the other two you mentioned though. One way to fix breaks on the cars is use the front arms from a Pro4. Use Xray steering knuckles. Lastly, get a larger bumper. That would solve most of the problems with the TCX... I love the car though.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Me too.....I love my TCX. Handles really good. For me the car is durable, never broke anything. The one thing to consider is parts, coz HB/HPI parts are not easily available. Other than that its a winner.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default choices...choices

do like me and just get every car you want..
try them...all..
and pick which you like...and Yes I did it.

if you're in the US..you probably won't get much support with the Schuie..but it looks darn good.

TC6---absolutely great, generates so much traction it's ridiculous ...only thing suggest to change is the shocks to Tamiyas. the ones I got didn't build so great even after 3 tries.

TCX---carves the corners like a beast..but as Jamie said..you gotta change a few parts.
broke a lot of parts...in one month of use.

T3 2011-i know not on your list..but don't forget it...the car is finally dialed....the chassis changes has made the car Nutz.
might be a few dollars upfront..but you won't be replacing parts often...After all, racers who try mod any other brand car..always pull Xray parts to see if they fit....

I still haven't gotten rid of my TCX I'm always impressed, as long as it survives a qualifier. if you go to the TCX thread you'll see all the changes i did on mine.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by woozer71
All these cars are top chassis I know . And alot comes down to personal preference. But I am in the market for a new car to run 17.5 stock. I just want some feedback on the different cars and what people have seen.
I race 17.5 boosted and was in the market for a new car for this season. I was considering the TCX as a couple of my race buddies have them and I had seen the TC6 as another guy had one of the first of those into this country. Having run Xray for the previous year I was concerned about durability and parts support as xray parts are so easy to get. Lack of hop up parts and patchy availability of consumable spares is what turned me off the TCX and I just didn't like the TC6 at all. im lucky there is a very good agent for Scumacher here in Australia as that made the decision to choose the Mi4CX easier.

Since running it I've found the CX the best car i have driven to date. Im not a super human driver, just an average club racer and this car has been the best thing for my racing. We are running a new lay out and i was running the new HW software for the first time so I had one of the slower cars in our 17.5 field last weekend but had the corner speed and the consistency to Take TQ and 3 finals.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
do like me and just get every car you want..
try them...all..
and pick which you like...and Yes I did it.

if you're in the US..you probably won't get much support with the Schuie..but it looks darn good.

TC6---absolutely great, generates so much traction it's ridiculous ...only thing suggest to change is the shocks to Tamiyas. the ones I got didn't build so great even after 3 tries.

T3 2011-i know not on your list..but don't forget it...
i head a lot of tc6 guys using the losi shock pistons. that seems to have helped them get a smooth feeling shock

and while we're at it how about a trf 417 or avid 2???
Old 02-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I went through the same process trying to decide between these chassis's.
I've ended up with a tc6, mainly because of a great deal I got from tower hobbies.
I bought 2 kit's delivered for $650 with coupons and discounted shipping.
If money wasn’t a factor I’d get a T3'11. Anyway all the kits are at the same level in terms of performance, so get the one you can get support and parts easily...