R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-29-2002, 03:56 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Victor Chargers???

What can you guys tell me about Victor chargers? I know that the company is out of business and they are no longer available, but there are still used ones out there. Are they comparable or better than a CE Turbo 30? What are the different models? I know there is a HI-IQ and a HI-IQ2 or something like that, but I have no idea which is "the one" to get. I am assuming that the IQ2 is the better one. How old are these chargers? Can they charge NI-Mh batteries? I assume the voltage threshold can be set. Any information you can give me (web sites, personal opinions) would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Dennis
DennisNyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 04:33 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Howdy Dennis,

I still believe the Victors were the best chargers ever made, in terms of features and capabilities, but they were somewhat known for unreliability, so you might not want to spend too much for one if you're going to get one. I wouldn't trade mine for anything.

If you're shopping for one, you want to get the Super2IQ or later (IQ3 or IQ3000)

The earler models were great, but didn't offer all the features of the later revisions. I don't know which model first allowed you to set the peak threshold, but I know for sure the Super2 and later did.

There's not much info on the web about the Victors anymore, but there's a site run by Sam Capri up in Canada which has some info:

http://www.cadvision.com/capris

Sam used to do Victor repairs, but I'm not sure if he's currently doing them anymore or not. You'd have to email him to find out. He's probably also better able to answer any specific questions about the various revisions.

Trips
Old 04-29-2002, 05:26 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply. The reason we started looking at the Victor was partly because of the one that you have. Did you ever get it fixed or is it still out of commission?
DennisNyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 12:15 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I haven't gotten it fixed yet, but I'm going to ship it off tomorrow for the work.

Trips