Search

Charger Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 01:51 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Charger Forum

I dont think there is a thread that talk about charger so here it goes.

I'm now looking for a new charger that does Nicd's and Nimh's and can charger from .5amps and on.

Could use a discharge function but mainly buying Nimh batteries.

What do you guys think I should buy?
What I have in mind are

- Millenium Pro
- Pitbull [sp]? What company are they from? I just heard they are good.
- Apex Sigma Plus

I just heard of this kinds of charger, not really looking at those BC112, or those Victor IQ, or those Turbo 30 or 35 one...They are super expensive

So from the above three choice, which one would your recommand?
Old 04-07-2002, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Duratrax Intellipeak

Check out the Duratrax intellipeak. IT does everything that you want and it is only $99.00 through tower (probably cheaper other places). THere is a review for it in on rctech. You may also want to check out the Novak Ionic. Very simple to use and a very good charger. If you want to spend a few buck more....the Millenium pro is great if you need the pit wizard option.

Many people are going to tell you to get an integy 16x5 but imho, some of them are not worth the money.....they Duratrax does everything they do for half the price plus it has a few more bells and whistles.....it is worth a look.
Old 04-07-2002, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

I've heard mainly good things about the Competition Electronics (the same folks who make the Turbo 30/35) Pitbull...

As for the Millennium Chargers, I've heard that they false peak quite a bit. What do other people think...

As for the Victors... hehe, I have hoarded up a few Victors and all I'm saying is... these are pretty crazy. Even the older models are unbelievably easy to use and loaded (I mean LOADED) with features. But you're right, they don't come cheap... I might be selling a IQ3000 soon so Victor-lovers, watch out for it!

I'm a charger freak myself and I've been doing my research on other chargers... the Pro-Trak looks pretty good too, but haven't had the guts to blow $300 on that one just yet...

regards,

jwwu
Old 04-07-2002, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by jwwu
As for the Millennium Chargers, I've heard that they false peak quite a bit. What do other people think...
I don't know about the Pro but my Millenium (V1.20) is fine with new cells but false peaks with my older cells
Old 04-07-2002, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Millenium

A friend that has the millenium has not had any problems with false peaks. He could actually charge a battery that I could not since it would false peak on my charger and not on his. I am still using an old Tekin BC100L, but it works 95% of the time.
Old 04-07-2002, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

I have a Turbo 35, a Tekin BC112C (not super expensive) and a Millenium Pro. The Millenium Pro is a great charger, and for the price I like the features it has.

It has 5 profiles, you set each profile up to use one of three charge modes (nicad linear, nicad rev. pulse and Novak nimh) You can adjust the delta peak on the first two, on the Novak nimh you can only adjust amperage. I use nicad linear for most charge modes except for SMH batteries for which I use Novak's mode. Like I said, there are five profiles, and since you will ahve more than one profile using the same charge mode, the settings from one profile to another don't affect each other.

Another great feature on the millenium pro is its delayed charge, which can be very useful if you have to leave to buy lunch or something and won't be there when you want it to start charging.

I have my BC112C perminantly at home now, it has one feature I like very much, times charge. Since you have to store SMH with charge in them (well I do) you can set it to charge for 10 minutes or whatever...

Out of your three, I would look at the first two, I don't have the pitbull, but I do have the T35, and the quality is excellant.

Speedo
Old 04-07-2002, 04:35 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Maybe I should include more stuff as what I want to do with the charger, I'm just mainly in to HPI Micros right now and I want to use those Ofna brick cells that are Nimh 1050mAh.

The reason why I want those charger is mainly more reliable then other chargers that cost less...[no offense, just want a charger that last a good time...]

It is alway possible that I go back to 1/10, so I want to invest a decent charger, I like the Millenium Pro myself too... But everybody tells me that if you dont have Novak's ESC, you don't need it...just get the CE Pitbull...

That is why I'm confused as to which one to get now.
Old 04-07-2002, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey there,
i'm not sure the price on the pitbull, but i thought it's comparable to the mil pro. i have two mil pros and i love them. one seems to false peak more than the other, but i'm running on a lot of abused packs right now. conversely, i've also been able to charge packs that others couldn't on their charger. all the adjustability is great, and the menus are easy to follow. the only drawback, is that it will not charge individual cells. i have some bad packs and i want to do this to detect the bad cells, but , well, not with the millenium pro. i dunno. someone on one of the threads i recently started about tx batteries stated that the ce pitbull will do just that. i dunno, but i'd find out for sure. anybody want two milleniums? nah. you can't go wrong with one if you own a novak prog esc. well, that's all i have.
Old 04-07-2002, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

The price of the pitbull is pretty comparable to the millenium pro.
Old 04-07-2002, 06:34 PM
Regional Moderator

Best charger imho : Yokomo BMS and ProTrak
Old 04-07-2002, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

the KO propo bx-213mh is a gd charger also.
charges from 0.5-8A and 1-10 cells.able 2 charge both NI-CD n Ni-MH.

i'm using 1,...
u will need a 8.5A to 15A n a 12V-16V power supply.b careful,the manual says a power supply of 15A n above,i think tat is WRONG.
anyway,had tried n a power supply of either 8.5 or 12.5 AMP works jus fine.
Old 04-07-2002, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone using the Orbit Race?
Old 04-07-2002, 08:24 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I own both the CE T-35 Steath and the CE PitBull ( The Pitbull is made by CE, Competion Electronics, to answer an earlier question. )

I love both, but i have never used a Millenium Pro before, so i cannot compare too much.

So far both have been dynamite for me, no problems at all. I do not know what i did without the T-35, it has so many useful options, it was well worth the cash for me to get one.

Keep the Charger questions rolling, This is a great thread to have around.

-Troy
Old 04-07-2002, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Anyone using the Orbit Race?
Anyone? Please?
Old 04-08-2002, 10:11 AM
TFR
Tech Master

ahhh...After looking at those price...I think its too much for me to spend.

I'm now looking at the Apex Sigma charger, not the plus version.

If didn't say anything about charging Nimh, but my friend said that his other friend could charge some 3000nimh fine without a problem...

I was wondering If I could charge my brick cells?

Here is a picture of the brick cells.
They are 1000mAh Nimh.
Attached Thumbnails Charger Forum-untitled1.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.