R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-02-2001, 04:03 PM   #46
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to 7even

I think the RC Lab 7even is coming out with a new motor mount and bulkhead pieces. As far as I know, there isn't any performance gain except that the new motor mount comes w/4 heat sink posts instead of 2. Otherwise, I think it's just because so many people are accidentally putting the rear bulkheads up front and vice versa. This is not confirmed fact mind you...just the rumor mille.
7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 12:11 AM   #47
Tech Initiate

making a full option version of my car. I'll give you guys pics when it's done. In the meantime, check out the "racers gallery" section in the RC Lab USA site: http://www.rclabusa.com/main/index.html

That's a cool volvo body on a Lab car.
Old 10-03-2001, 08:54 AM   #48
Tech Initiate

we are going to be attending the Florida State Series. I'll keep you posted on our set-ups, choice of equipment, results, etc.

wish me luck!
Old 10-03-2001, 11:26 AM   #49

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Cmotif
Default Good on you mate!

7even, that is great! Too bad that we don't have any RCtech.net stickers for you so that you can be representing all of us here, especially us fellow 7 owners.

This will be the first weekend that I run my 7 even 6.0 Pro. It was time to retire the old SW IWC. I'll let anyone know how it goes.

Cmotif <><
International Racing Team Member #18
IRT Established: 1999

Everything About You -- Sanctus Real

www.dontblamejesus.com
Cmotif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 11:48 AM   #50
Tech Initiate

Default shrimp on the barbie?

I'm an MdiRacing guy and they make custom decals for r/c cars too along with window tinting kits and such. if you check out the pics on the rclab usa site in the racers gallery...they made the custom stickers for that body. that body also has the custom window frames and tinting kit. I'm sure they could make some rctech.net stickers.
Old 10-04-2001, 06:07 PM   #51
Tech Initiate

wow...finished putting on new rear end w/all hop-ups...sweeeeet. no slop at all, no binding either. I'll get it all finished and put up some pics
Old 10-05-2001, 08:10 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

hey 7even,
i noticed your post a while back about the carbon wheels. are these the same that are sold as ofna wheels? and this rc1. is that a distributer. i thought it was the part # for the wheels. what is the website? or a phone number to call. i've been trying to find these for over a month now. any help would be appreciated.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 11:34 PM   #53

Angry Grrrrrr!

What are you guys doing with your drive shaft collars in the back of the Seven? When I bought mine used, they were all missing. I just got the new parts today, and hope to race tomorrow. I was not impressed with the quality of those drive shaft collars. Are you putting them between your rear bearings or what? There seems to be a lot of slop in the back of the car along the drive shafte without them.

Please let me know ASAP as I race tomorrow (Saturday)!

Cmotif <><

www.dontblamejesus.com
Old 10-06-2001, 12:05 AM   #54
Regional Moderator

You are not suppose to put the collar between the two hub bearings. You should put them between the outer hub bearing and hex adaptor. You can also adjust the rear width by putting different collars next to outer hub and inner hub bearing.
White cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 06:12 PM   #55

Default Pretty good first day out!

This was the first day that I got to run my Seven. I had a couple of hang ups where my servo arms would slip.

The worst was then I lost of the nut that goes on the aluminum ball stud that goes with the Carbon fiber shock tower upgrade. Those aluminum ball studs are junk. I am going to upgrade to the RC Lab captured ball system. Aluminum is just not strong enough to hold well. The threads in aluminum can cross thread really easy and strip as you try to tighten them up.

So that ended my day.

But when I was racing, I was catching the leader who was running IRS chassis TC3.

Cmotif <><

www.dontblamejesus.com
Old 10-06-2001, 08:37 PM   #56
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Pretty good first day out!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmotif
This was the first day that I got to run my Seven. I had a couple of hang ups where my servo arms would slip.

The worst was then I lost of the nut that goes on the aluminum ball stud that goes with the Carbon fiber shock tower upgrade. Those aluminum ball studs are junk. I am going to upgrade to the RC Lab captured ball system. Aluminum is just not strong enough to hold well. The threads in aluminum can cross thread really easy and strip as you try to tighten them up.

So that ended my day.

But when I was racing, I was catching the leader who was running IRS chassis TC3.

Cmotif <><
Aluminum ball stud is not strong enough for the suspension. Did you previous owner put aluminum ball stud on the stock tower? The stock configuration only has steel ball studs on the hub carrier and the steering conponents. You may try RC Lab steel ball studs. They are bullet proof.
Old 10-06-2001, 10:04 PM   #57

Default Yes!

The previous owner did put aluminum ball studs on the suspension in the back for adjusting camber. My guess is that they come with the carbon fiber shock tower upgrade.

The ones that I am going to use are the same ones that are found on the bottom of the Shocks. Those are very very bullet proof. If I am not happy with the length of the bolts that go through them, then I will run longer ones. I have a box of Kyosho metric nuts, bolts, washers etc. So I will put a nylock lock nut on each one to lock those captured ball studs in place.

Thought that I should warn everyone not to use long aluminum ball studs, even if they come with the upgrade kit.

Sorry Seabull, I don't know where you can get Carbon Wheels. I am running Speedtech Aerodish or OFNA (8 for 8.95).

Cmotif <><

www.dontblamejesus.com

Last edited by Cmotif; 10-06-2001 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-06-2001, 10:39 PM   #58
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Yes!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmotif
The previous owner did put aluminum ball studs on the suspension in the back for adjusting camber. My guess is that they come with the carbon fiber shock tower upgrade.

Cmotif <><
The graphite shock tower doesn't come with any aluminum ball stud.
Old 10-12-2001, 09:51 PM   #59
Tech Initiate

the carbon wheels are not ofna wheels at all. the ofna wheels you are referring to (I believe) are made of lexan - which crack easily, very easily, too easily....that must be why they are only around $8 for an 8-pack. you get what you pay for I guess.

The carbon wheels are available from www.mdiracing.com and they have them in stock. They are the same wheels as what ModelTech sells in the UK. ModelTech just doesn't have the rights to sell them in the USA...I don't think. So, they are distributed in North America by RC1 - hence the RC1 name. Their site is www.rc1racing.com if you want to see the wheels other than the ModelTech UK site. Same wheels anyway. MdiRacing has them and they are in the USA, which means no customs issues (RC1 is in Canada).

I have some way cool pics of my 7even 6.0 with full-option upgrades on it. All aluminium and carbon stuff, very cool, very effective, etc. It's awesome. I'll post some pics soon as I can upload them to my machine from the camera!
Old 10-13-2001, 12:21 AM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

yeah, i finally figured it out. in an rcca touring edition, i saw a bunch of wheels and the rc1's were near the ofna section. i've got the scoop now. thanks man. they have four different profiles, which i didn't know. all of which look soooo good. that's a rarity to have aesthetics and functionality. thanks again, man. later.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote