R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-23-2004, 10:05 AM   #16
Tech Adept

I have read on some web sites that the Activator-X is only for Nicads. Can I not use it on my GP3300s?
brushless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 08:57 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Well.........
Old 08-24-2004, 09:05 AM   #18
Tech Initiate

I think, but don't take my word for it, that the Activator-X works fine with Ni-MH. People used to say you should never take Ni-MH down to zero volts, but that view has changed.

I believe the Zero-Equalizer has "Ni-MH" printed on it, and for all I know it works just like the Activator-X, only with a higher discharge rate.
Bandini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:06 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandini
I think, but don't take my word for it, that the Activator-X works fine with Ni-MH. People used to say you should never take Ni-MH down to zero volts, but that view has changed.

I believe the Zero-Equalizer has "Ni-MH" printed on it, and for all I know it works just like the Activator-X, only with a higher discharge rate.
Thanks Bandini.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:16 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

We've used various trays and discharge devices and just bought an Indi Octane 2 on the recommendation of a fellow racer at our track. It's made a believer of us -- discharges at 20 amps, built in fan and will drop cells to zero. You can leave cells on the tray with no problems. SMC recommends this tray for 3300s, we're told.

We took 3300 packs we used to discharge first with an Indi 20 and then put on a Rayspeed tray. Then put the pack on the Octane 2 for about an hour. Pack charged to higher mah and stayed cooler at peak. If it remains reliable, we'll get rid of the other two devices.
coolrcdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:56 PM   #21
Tech Adept

I have a question for you guys, I got my Integy Indi Zero-Equalizer and it did not have any directions at all. Does it matter witch way the cells are in the pack? and what does the red LED mean when it is blinking. When I put all the cells in the tray the red LED only starts blinking when I have the last cell conected is this normal? Please let me know

Thanks a lot

Chris
DR.FeelGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:22 PM   #22
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.FeelGood
I have a question for you guys, I got my Integy Indi Zero-Equalizer and it did not have any directions at all. Does it matter witch way the cells are in the pack? and what does the red LED mean when it is blinking. When I put all the cells in the tray the red LED only starts blinking when I have the last cell conected is this normal? Please let me know

Thanks a lot

Chris
Have a look around on the Integy Discharger Forums. A lot of good stuff relating to their 30 or so dischargers.
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:55 PM   #23
Tech Adept

I could not find the Integy Forums do you have a link? Still trying to find out what the REd LED means?

Chris
Old 10-22-2005, 02:21 AM   #24
Tech Initiate

Try this link
Bandini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 12:22 AM   #25
Tech Adept

Thanks so much, The red light just shows you the battery is still being discharged. When each cell reach 0.5V, the red LED light goes out.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:34 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless
Does anyone know if this is a good discharger or equalizer? It's going for 15.99 on Ebay. I was wondering if it had an auto cutoff at 5.4 volts. Where can I find some detailed info. about it? Thanks.

you got the link for the ebay item? i cant seem to find it...

also how does this one compare to the Indi 0-30 ?
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote