Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Racing Etiquette >

Racing Etiquette

Racing Etiquette

Old 02-15-2011, 08:52 AM
  #16  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Dadic 78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 733
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Like over taking the opposition, there is a right time and place for it, or it ends in tears...
So are actually saying that if I were to pass a higher skilled driver my first time out, there actually may be an issue with it? Sorry, but I can't really tell which part of that sentence is the "lol" part... hahaha.

I honestly doubt I'll be passing anyone, but I just don't want to be "that guy".

"Hey Mike, did you see that new guy?"

"Who, the meat-head muscle-guy?"

"Yeah, him, he passed me coming off the straight away on the first lap, what a dick!"

"Yeah, he should learn some racing etiquette!"

Or something like that...
Dadic 78 is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 09:06 AM
  #17  
Tech Master
 
HarryLeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton, VA, USA
Posts: 1,692
Default

No, what he's saying is that if you see a gap inside another car and you go for the pass not realizing that he's on the racing line, and you're way too narrow to have a prayer of making the corner without contact, you'll both end up wrecked.

Passing someone on a straight is a show of speed and power, usually a result of hitting the preceding corner in a way to carry maximum speed, so you'll get props for passing that way, because it doesn't happen very often.
HarryLeach is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 09:16 AM
  #18  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
Csaari77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,500
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Communication on the stand always helps. If a faster driver is coming behind you, let them know you see them. Simply saying "go inside on the next corner" will go a long way to building good will with your fellow racers.

If you do get passed by the leaders, do not try and race them into the next corner. Keep running a pace that you are comfortable with.
Csaari77 is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 09:33 AM
  #19  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Csaari77 View Post
If you do get passed by the leaders, do not try and race them into the next corner. Keep running a pace that you are comfortable with.
When I get passed by the leader. I try to follow them until they get away from me again. Basically just trying to mimick them until I cant see their line anymore. Which is not the same as what you are talking about. I let them by and THEN try to hang with them as long as I can.
snoopyrc is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 09:40 AM
  #20  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
Csaari77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,500
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
When I get passed by the leader. I try to follow them until they get away from me again. Basically just trying to mimick them until I cant see their line anymore. Which is not the same as what you are talking about. I let them by and THEN try to hang with them as long as I can.
Trying to mimick the lines that the faster guys are running is a great strategy for getting faster. I'm talking about the slow guy that tries to latch onto the leaders bumber and causes a crash when he tries a banzai pass into the next corner.
Csaari77 is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 01:15 PM
  #21  
Tech Master
iTrader: (63)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tacoma, Wa
Posts: 1,606
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default

Excellent question and a great thread. The sticky is a good idea as well. Be nice, let others know you are new, and most of all have fun.
todb is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 02:32 AM
  #22  
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post
No, what he's saying is that if you see a gap inside another car and you go for the pass not realizing that he's on the racing line, and you're way too narrow to have a prayer of making the corner without contact, you'll both end up wrecked.

Passing someone on a straight is a show of speed and power, usually a result of hitting the preceding corner in a way to carry maximum speed, so you'll get props for passing that way, because it doesn't happen very often.
Sorry Dadic, yes Harry explained what I was trying to explain better

If you are a newcomer and you get beef from other drivers, just hang out with other guys and keep your head down.

I tend to distance myself from guys I know will only cause trouble, although it has not happened for a long time now

Typically the fast guys will be just that, fast.

So you would typically not see them crash - and if they did, it would be minor, then they would (in time) in the race be lapping you.

That's when the other post about being lapped is also good advice - try to let the faster guy know what your intention is.

(If I am lapped, I usually run wide through a corner, let the leader through and let them get on with their own race )
tc3team is offline  
Old 02-21-2011, 12:11 PM
  #23  
Tech Master
iTrader: (55)
 
hanzo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 1,293
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

So how did the race go? Don't worry, and just have fun.
hanzo3 is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.