Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Converting a Inferno GT2 >

Converting a Inferno GT2

Converting a Inferno GT2

Old 02-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Converting a Inferno GT2

I am going to be converting a IGT2 and am tring to decide which conversion to use. I have a MMM/2200kv setup for it already sitting around. I looked at the RCM kit but I do not need dual servos, will be running motor brakes. Still thought about the RCM, but it is out of stock right now. Has anyone used the Kyosho conversion kit? Looks nice but not sure the 2200kv would fit. ANy suggestions?
Old 02-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

I have the Kyosho kit in my IGT2, with a MMM/2650KV. It can handle it just fine. The only problem I had with it is getting all the parts for the center gear. And then when I did get all the parts, it came together nicely.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ive got a Inferno VE roller for sale complet with motor mount, battery tray, etc and lots of spare parts that the VE and GT share.. inbox me
Old 02-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Yea I've got the IGT2 vette with the Kyosho conversion kit. Running the castle ESC and 1518 1800kv motor with 44T spur and 23T pinion on 6S. The best part bout the kyosho kit, is everything just dropped right in. I also went with the lightweight dogbones, center diff, and a single digi steel gear steering servo.

Hit up Bill at Igthobbies.com and he'll get you all the parts you could need to make this easy and comfy.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Guys, i have 2 IGT2 and thinking of converting one of them. How hard is it to do the convertion if i were to get the things needed?

KYOIF344 - complete center differential set with the 46 tooth lightened spur gear.

KYOIFW451 - Kyosho 1/8th Scale Inferno Series Brushless Universal Conversion Kit

Do you guys have a link of getting the manual? Or does the parts comes with the manual?

Thanks in advance.