Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What size rims do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Default What size rims do I need?

I have a TC-3 and I want use a 200 mm mustang body, I was told I need a 6mm offset and 26mm on front and 31mm in the rear, but the hobby shop did not have those sizes in stock. Could I use 31mm all the way around the car or would it be better to find the 26/31 combo.
What kind of tire glue do I need, thin or medium? Thanks

Last edited by zzrguy; 02-11-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

0mm offset, 26mm fronts and 6mm offset, 31mm rears. Fills the wheel wells nicely and is VTA legal. Thin glue is easier to get down in the bead but is also easier to glue your eyelids shut with because it tends to run everywhere!

-rocky b
Old 02-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Is this for the 1965 or 1966 Mustang ?? If yes, then you need the 26mm o offset VINTAGE WHEELS in front and 31mm 6 offset VINTAGE WHEELS in back. I made that bold for a reason. The vintage wheels are specifically made for the vintage tires. The wheel has a different front lip made just for the vintage tires.

If this is for a later model 200mm body then most wheels will work and you have to experiment a bit. On my 200mm body choices, usually 3mm offset,26mm wheels in front and 6mm offset,26mm wheels in back.

Glue is your choice but I find the thicker, slower setting time glue to be a bit easier. I use a small paint brush to apply the glue around the inside wheel edge, then set the tire in place. Usually I do the front of the wheel first and let it set.Then I do the back. That cuts down on getting wet glue all over the tire.