Old 09-25-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by T. Hodge
X
Old 09-25-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I heard they are coming out with all new spring for the new shocks because the old one will be too wide.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

I'd rather see them keep the same springs, but if they came out with a new better shock then it'll be worth the change. Just wish we could find out soon. So i could figure out what stuff to keep. Lol
Old 09-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default I'm still skeptical about this....

chassis design. I remember all the Pro 3 problems and the lack of punch of the Street Weapon. If it has a lay shaft, bigger/longer diffs that means more drivetrain mass. That is the last thing a belted TC needs. With all the shaft drive TCs the XXX-S was the freest belted drive train out there. My question is will a center mass design out weigh drive train mass issues? I guess time will tell. I could see it flop at the local level and that's the meat of it.

Last edited by Nightbreed; 09-25-2004 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:52 PM
R/C Tech Founder

The Pro 3's problems were mainly related to chassis flex and suspension slop, and not really because of the layout. And the car never seemed to be in widespread use enough for people to really put it to the test.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

it wont be a big deal with mod
Old 09-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: I'm still skeptical about this....

Originally posted by Nightbreed
chassis design. I remember all the Pro 3 problems and the lack of punch of the Street Weapon. If it has a lay shaft, bigger/longer diffs that means more drivetrain mass. That is the last thing a belted TC needs. With all the shaft drive TCs the XXX-S was the freest belted drive train out there. My question is will a center mass design out weigh drive train mass issues? I guess time will tell. I could see it flop at the local level and that's the meat of it.
The old Street Weapon is 3 belt driven, right?
Old 09-25-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

As far as I can see Losi hasn't made the mistakes hpi did. The drivetrain is very free and I doubt there will be any weight issues. Coolest part of the whole car is the battery setup. Also the shocks are VERY smooth. Hopefully I'll see it on the track this wednesday or next saturday.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ya, Losi has always...

developed their TCs for mod use. It's a catch 22 though for Losi, since local racing seems to be more stock. locals will stay with the shaft drive advantages. Do you go for more local sales or build a car for the bigger sweeping tracks at the big racing level? It's a hard choice.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im sure LOSI did not pull this design out of thin air. I am sure they did hundreds of hours of testing to get the design they wanted. Knowing that they like to do things differently, it probably has at least the same efficiency as the X-Ray. So why not go with something that looks completely different. I remember some of the same people in here that were the BIG skeptics when the XXXS came out and were saying that the drive train was not good enough because of the one long belt and this and that. They would not have changed the design so drastically if they didn't think it was better. Knowing they could have saved some of the molds from the XXXS and incorporated then into a new design. The LITTLE Losi driver that could, that I know is very excited about it and he runs more batteries than just about anyone since Masami.

P.S. They design cars that are equally good for both stock and MOD. Not just MOD. The XXXS is great for both, it was just heavy. The new car will be under weight right out of the box most likely.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so this is going to be an RTR release, possibly followed by a graphite version? or is it already graphite?.

btw
pics or you are all liars
Old 09-25-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by fatdoggy
As far as I can see Losi hasn't made the mistakes hpi did. The drivetrain is very free and I doubt there will be any weight issues. Coolest part of the whole car is the battery setup. Also the shocks are VERY smooth. Hopefully I'll see it on the track this wednesday or next saturday.
So the shocks are a new design?
Old 09-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

*cough bladder shocks
Old 09-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

I've already said enough. I'm sure pics will be posted soon.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

when?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.