R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-18-2004, 08:50 AM   #151
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to GTIRACER

ive seen the car with Kinwald driving it. He used a body that wasnt his usual body. That what caught my attention first. So every time he walked by I was looking through the windows and ive seen the bottom of the car. It was a 2 belt center battery car. Similar concept to the pro 3 but executed differently. The motor was up front and the short belt was up front and the front belt was white not that it matters.
But whether that car goes into production or now is yet to be seen.

He is a fast guy. Anything he drives is going to look good. Is Losi changing for the point of changing or is it really going to be a better car?

While everyone has their favorites most cars are good. Top Drivers win with most cars out there. Tc3, Pro4, Xray,TRF,...
GTIRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:26 AM   #152
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i would imagine losi would have tried heaps of prototypes, i would love to have a look at some of the creations in the R&D department.
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:34 AM   #153
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If they are going through the trouble of making a new car, it will be better, or have the potential to be faster than the old car.

I felt the last car should have had a center mounted battery---- I felt that way before it was released.

I still feel the XXXS is a great platform as do many. It is my opinion that the new car will have very similar geometry and share a few parts.

center mounted battery will make the car change directions quicker, have better balance as well as better roll charicteristics.

I cant see it comming without better droop screws.

KEEF
Old 09-18-2004, 10:02 AM   #154
Tech Regular

The only things wrong with the XXX-S G+ was that it was way too slow, and didn't handle left-right transitions fast enough. And of some weird reason it didn't come with enough grip out of the box.

The TC3 is also lacking a few things nowadays, such as quality, corner speed and silence, compared to cars like the Tamiya, HPI, Xray, Schumacher and so on...

Look at all the latest results from the big races around the world, and you will notice that both cars are still doing good and making A-Mains, but they don't win anymore, and if they do, it's not with the same superiority as before, it's mostly by luck and good drivers.

This years European Championship is a great example of this. The winner, Jonas Kærup, is clearly a great driver, but during the qualifying he was not fast enough on dry surface. But luckily for him, the rain started pouring down, and then when he had the right tires with the right inserts, and a car that is brilliantly stable in the wet, he could show off like hell, and win without a problem.
Of course it was the best combination that won, but in dry conditions(wich is what we mostly race on) he would not be able to win.

Just my 0.02 $
MartinSorlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 10:04 AM   #155
TLRacing

Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 10:11 AM   #156
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You're just loving this aren't you Todd?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 10:36 AM   #157
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Corey Bernardo

I find it amazing how all you guys get so exuberant... When no one has said anything yet. Just here say. All good things come to those who wait.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:20 PM   #158
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to HK Racing Joe

Dude this almost makes me not want a X-ray
HK Racing Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 12:39 PM   #159
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MartinSorlie
The only things wrong with the XXX-S G+ was that it was way too slow, and didn't handle left-right transitions fast enough. And of some weird reason it didn't come with enough grip out of the box.

Just my 0.02 $
My XXXS is very fast, i race primarily stock/carpet. Actually, i ran the xxxs when it first came out for about 2 years then switched to a Yokomo, due to a ride with them, then immediately a tc3 when the SD was not for me. I ran the Tc3 up until about 1.5 months ago with huge sucess. Todd came to Toronto to the PLRC WORLDS outdoor asphalt race and i saw his XXXS run first hand.. the week after i was building what I should have been running all along, my KB edition XXXS. I can only think that I may have had a shot at running him if i was driving the car i have now... I ended up qualifying 10th based on a run i dumped on the last lap (he TQed)= I dnf'd. He won. woulda-shoulda-coulda

At my home parkinglot track the XXXS was immediately faster than the Tc3 I would TQ with every week and this after 2 packs and a few changes.

and out of the box??? who runs the car out of the box for more than 2 packs?

looking quite forward to the new car... I for one hope it comes out after cleveland= only because i will have a TON of radio time on my XXXS- actually starting today= Halo Hobbies open for practice! I will live there this fall and do a heck of a lot better than the C at Cleveland this year!!

hmmm.. unless it was out sooner than later...
KEEF

the XXXS is the best platform for me. For what ever reason, all Losi vehicles are. i always switch at some point for this reason or that, but always come back. The new car will be in my hands as soon as one is available to me.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:47 PM   #160
Tech Regular

Default Car pic!

Hi all,

I saw this pic off the new Losi TC!

Check it out, it's going to be completely new.
The design looks like the HPI PRO 3, but with the engine up front like the Tamiya TA-03.

With now day's smaller and lighter engine's that won't be a problem!

Bye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schoolvarken.jpg (7.6 KB, 523 views)
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 02:20 PM   #161
Tech Regular

@Keith Billanti:

Good to hear that you like your car so much. I've had five of them and loved them all, but started winning a hell lot more with my TC3 in modified.

When I said out of the box, I meant the construction, not setup and all...

The XXX-S, and basically all Losi vehicles are my favourites, but so far the XXX-S is not the fastest car for my style, and I'm sponsored with a PRO4, so changing now wouldn't be popular...

I've challenged and beaten some of Europe's better drivers, Steen Graversen and Joel Myrberg, and although they've beaten me more times than I've beaten them, I don't consider myself slow
MartinSorlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 07:13 PM   #162

Send a message via AIM to T Allen

i just preordered an RDX not nowing losi was making a new car

show us some pics
T Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 07:24 PM   #163
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Kave

ok, its sat night, lets hear about it!
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:02 PM   #164
Tech Champion

Racing at SoCal dosen't start until 6:00PM. We'll hear tomorrow morning, I'm sure.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 12:52 AM   #165
Tech Master

Kinwald TQ and win....

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote